Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why are railjack part reward stats randomized between squadmates?

(PSN)TheThirdLie

I ran a mission last night and we nabbed a reactor as a mission reward, AWESOME!

The not-so-awesome part is that it rewarded each member a different stat on that reactor. I got +12 avionics and another person got +23. We couldn't check with our third as their ship isn't built yet. 

In a mode that rewards teamwork it is a little disheartening to get uneven rewards. =/

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Because DE thought it would be a good idea basically.... hopefully this is one of the things they'll be fixing in relation to the rewards when they get back after holidays....

I just can't even imagine why they would think it makes sense. If you have a crew that works together, and consistently runs these missions together, it doesn't make sense to reward them differently. These aren't quick two minute missions either, they can take quite some time to complete. =/

1 minute ago, (PS4)Q7XR2-75B said:

I just can't even imagine why they would think it makes sense. If you have a crew that works together, and consistently runs these missions together, it doesn't make sense to reward them differently. These aren't quick two minute missions either, they can take quite some time to complete. =/

Me either but not only do you get random stats on items between players on release (and I think it's still like it, at least on consoles as you haven't had an update yet) you also had the situation that players stuck on the ship didn't get the loot from the crewship.... and it's not like it was released without any way for the ship to move without a crew or anything. 

36 minutes ago, (PS4)Q7XR2-75B said:

I ran a mission last night and we nabbed a reactor as a mission reward, AWESOME!

The not-so-awesome part is that it rewarded each member a different stat on that reactor. I got +12 avionics and another person got +23. We couldn't check with our third as their ship isn't built yet. 

In a mode that rewards teamwork it is a little disheartening to get uneven rewards. =/

The reason, as I see it, is simple.  You don’t want a very positive Outlier dropping for all 4 squad mates if the goal is to monetize the best gear, because it will increase supply and reduce demand.