Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What improvements are needed for the Railjack?

UPTIME

I am not talking about balancing things right now (RNG and stuff), only about core gameplay. For me the main disappointment is that RJ itself now just a delivery car. Archwing can do everything RJ does but without teamwork and other problems. So we actually don't need RJ for doing missions at all.

I think there are some ways to make it more interesting: 

1. We have to use RJ fo missions. Some critical targets should be destructible only for RJ weapons.

2. Some bases shoud have very strong defence against archwing in close range (and not so strong for RJ). So RJ and Arhwing players will need to cooperate. 

3. Ship vs ship battles. It could be a very tense part of the game, but it's not. Any player can destroy any crewship in a few seconds from the inside. Which is a little disappointing. I think every crewship should have a shield, and until you destroy that shield, it will be impossible to get inside. Larger crewships can also have covering fighters/platforms that are effective against small targets.

4. Heavy damage to the ship. Now it is almost impossible to destroy RJ, if the team does everything correctly. I think every time RJ loses all health, it should lose a weapon or some active system. And you will need time and resources to restore it. Or go back to the dock.

5. Super Jump. RJ should be able to jump to any object on th map. This will allow you to rush or quickly escape from the battle. Ofcourse with big cooldown.

So what do you think and what suggestions do you have?

Edited by UPTIME

1 minute ago, UPTIME said:

I am not talking about balancing things right now (RNG and stuff), only about core gameplay. For me the main disappointment is that RJ itself now just a delivery car. Archwing can do everything RJ does but without teamwork and other problems. So we actually don't need RJ for doing missions at all.

I think there are some ways to make it more interesting: 

1. We have to use RJ fo missions. Some critical targets should be destructible only for RJ weapons.

Maybe? I guess sure

2. Some bases shoud have very strong defence against archwing in close range (and not so strong for RJ). So RJ and Arhwing players will need to cooperate. 

Ok

3. Ship vs ship battles. It could be a very tense part of the game, but it's not. Any player can destroy any crewship in a few seconds from the inside. Which is a little disappointing. I think every crewship should have a shield, and until you destroy that shield, it will be impossible to get inside. Larger crewships can also have covering fighters/platforms that are effective against small targets.

No and yes. Leave crewships as is and add a new boss type ship, which requires these ship battles mentioned, shooting weakpoints and such. Ince you blow out, say the engines, you can now board and plant a bomb, protecting it for (x) seconds before it blows up the rest of the ship

4. Heavy damage to the ship. Now it is almost impossible to destroy RJ, if the team does everything correctly. I think every time RJ loses all health, it should lose a weapon or some active system. And you will need time and resources to restore it. Or go back to the dock.

Hellllllllll naw

5. Super Jump. RJ should be able to jump to any object on th map. This will allow you to make a blitzkrieg or quickly escape from the battle. Ofcourse with big cooldown.

I guess? Make it like a tactical maybe?

• Like 1

I don't think anything should be destructible to Railjack only unless DE plans to buff the Railjack not to be paper mache.  The game mode is a bit overtuned in regards to incoming damage.  It goes from difficult to silly, and I find myself often getting mad at pilots who don't stay back because they enter critical state every 5 seconds.  This isn't really their fault, but a symptom of how badly balanced Railjack is.  I've seen missions failed because the pilot decides, "hey, let's chill in the heart of a fighter swarm and enter critical state so many times that we run out of Revolite."

Currently it might be close to impossible for a good team to fail, but solo prospects are looking awful without those command intrinsics out as well.  So until some of that is dealt with, I'd rather not force the Railjack to hang out in a swarm of 20 enemies to deal with objectives as well.

4. is also just a plain awful idea.  You can hardly avoid going into critical state many times due to overtuned damage.  Losing parts, even if temporary, would ensure nobody plays this game mode. 

Edited by (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z
  • Like 1

il y a 22 minutes, UPTIME a dit :

We have to use RJ fo missions. Some critical targets should be destructible only for RJ weapons.

As a solo player, i disagree. You are talking about the coop aspect of things, too much coordination is just a pain and will drive a lot of players away.

il y a 23 minutes, UPTIME a dit :

Some bases shoud have very strong defence against archwing in close range (and not so strong for RJ)

I don't even get this point, bases only have reactors to destroy, am i missing smh ? 

il y a 24 minutes, UPTIME a dit :

. I think every crewship should have a shield, and until you destroy that shield, it will be impossible to get inside

When people ask you where is your right ear, you point at it with your right hand, in your case you are using your left hand to do so... Why even make kill timers longer, maybe  if you said crewships are only destructible with forward artillery maybe .. .but even then, as a Solo player i disagree. 

il y a 25 minutes, UPTIME a dit :

Heavy damage to the ship. Now it is almost impossible to destroy RJ, if the team does everything correctly. I think every time RJ loses all health, it should lose a weapon or some active system. And you will need time and resources to restore it. Or go back to the dock.

Why does it NEED that to be more fun ? It won't be more fun, in any f way. 

il y a 26 minutes, UPTIME a dit :

Super Jump.

Why not, although drifting allows you to immediately escape anything if you have remotely good engines. ...  

• Like 1

29 минут назад, HatedByLifeItself сказал:

As a solo player, i disagree. You are talking about the coop aspect of things, too much coordination is just a pain and will drive a lot of players away.

There's nothing complicated here. Cephalon says all that needs to be done. In this case, he will say " destroy the reactor from the RJ guns".
And that's the point of the mode - cooperation. We don't have a single fighter, we have a ship with a crew. If you don't need RJ and cooperation - it's just another archwing mode, nothing new.

I don't even get this point, bases only have reactors to destroy, am i missing smh ?

Defence systems that will protect the entrance to the base.

When people ask you where is your right ear, you point at it with your right hand, in your case you are using your left hand to do so... Why even make kill timers longer, maybe  if you said crewships are only destructible with forward artillery maybe .. .but even then, as a Solo player i disagree. 

The point is to use big guns and missiles against big ships. All this is not necessary, if any crewship can be killed with a shotgun in a few seconds. Space battles should be intense and spectacular, otherwise what's the fun?

Why does it NEED that to be more fun ? It won't be more fun, in any f way. 

If you can't lose, it's not fun. If the death of the ship will be sudden - it is also not fun. Losing systems is an indicator that you are losing and approaching defeat. You will have time to understand whether you need to retreat or push the enemy. In addition, it will create the feeling that you won a hard battle if you see the destruction on the ship. Plus it will make more valuable skills of the engineer (for repair).

Edited by UPTIME

58 minutes ago, UPTIME said:

I'd be down with that - although likewise, I'd also be down for some specifically archwing sections, parts too small for the 'jack to fit through.

58 minutes ago, UPTIME said:

That somewhat falls under the same category as above - and honestly somewhat exists now. Archwing is more fragile than the Railjack (although admittedly both are fairly vulnerable).

59 minutes ago, UPTIME said:

Disagreed. This should be saved for boss fights (which, side note, railjack boss fights is one of my suggestions). As-is, crewships serve as minibosses to provide more speedbumps to the smoother sailing of the Fighters. Same for Outriders. I would like to see more variants of such 'miniboss' ships, however, but crewships shouldn't individually be that complex to deal with. The complexity and challenge should largely arise from the situations surrounding them.

1 hour ago, UPTIME said:

Not tied necessarily to entering the 'downed' state, but I do think that boarding parties and certain points of interest or enemies should be able to do this. For example, disabling the slingshot.

1 hour ago, UPTIME said:

5. Super Jump. RJ should be able to jump to any object on th map. This will allow you to rush or quickly escape from the battle. Ofcourse with big cooldown.

Disagreed. The Railjack is fast enough with engine upgrades and the Drift maneuver. Base speed with drift lets you outrun fighters, I can only imagine what a souped up spacecraft could do. I would be interested in a battle avionic that is basically the Picard maneuver though.

For me, the most important thing (aside from bugfixes, of course) is more variety. Different missions with different levels of Railjack engagement, which allows you to access the majority of content/rewards. Make Railjack truly a hub for all things Warframe. Sometimes you're using it as the main event, sometimes it's just used to break through a line before a mostly ground mission or to make a harrowing escape afterwards.

• Like 1