Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Sadly Forgotten Weapon!

The_Markie

You know, when Update 8 came out, there were a lot of great weapons, pretty unbalanced but still nice. However, there was one particular weapon that caught my attention. You see, I watched TMNT long time ago and I really loved Donnie's weapon, which was a pair of Bo staffs. The bo was such a tremendously great piece of weaponry, it's fast, it's sastifying and it's stunning (Pun intended). Not to mention its range.

But then, the thing is, Bo was quite an awful weapon, it still is, compared to both weapons of its type and weapons not of its type. Its damage is pretty dull, charge damage even more dull, it has no special properties, only some "make the enemies fly" gimmicks which other weapons can pull out too. Although Bo was first piece of its kind (Staff weapon), Orthos, which came out after, was more favored instead.

What's wrong with Bo (and maybe Staff weapons in general):

> Ground Execution animation consists of two parts: the sweep and the downward pinning. Even though so, only the sweep, the first half of the animation, deals damage while the second part, the pinning, doesn't do anything and does not have any effect at all. And the duration of both parts seem to be nearly equal (the sweep takes longer).

> Low Damage compensated by Slower Speed?!?: Bo's damage is even worse than the Orthos, it's even worse than most things that have even greater speed. There's no reason why Bo should be like this.

> The Orthos can deal easily deal 45 damage with a larger radius, hits more enemies, still staggers stuff ever single hit. And more important, Orthos is cheaper than Bo, now that's just bullS#&$. Not only so, it also has higher conclave rating despite being easier to obtain than Bo. WTF IS THAT?

Please do something about Bo: It's the first weapon of its kind, it's the first ever Staff weapon. It's an iconic piece, it's a nice reference that makes people feel like TMNT. Furthermore, it's still quite an unbalancedly bad weapon beside all this.

Don't forget the Bo.

Agreed and seeing as it's one of my favorite weapons seeing as i trained with the bow in my local martial arts class i'd like to see some justice done to it. Also i'll leave this bit of history about it here as well, not to derail the thread but to provide some interesting stuff.

The earliest form of the , a staff, has been used throughout Asia since the beginning of recorded history. The first bo were called ishibo, and were made of stone. These were hard to make and were often unreliable. These were also extremely heavy. The konsaibo was a very distant variant of the kanabo. They were made from wood studded with iron. These were still too cumbersome for actual combat, so they were later replaced by unmodified hardwood staffs. The bo used for self-defense by monks or commoners, the staff was an integral part of the Tenshin Shōden Katori Shintō-ryū, one of the martial arts’ oldest surviving styles. The staff evolved into the with the foundation of kobudo, a martial art using weapons, which emerged in Okinawa in the early 17th century.

Edited by itsJustThomasHD

-Snip-

You're right, as taught in traditional karate it's a defensive weapon. However in warframe it could serve as a offensive weapon, we're talking about a game right now not real life. I'd like to see the have some adjustments to make it at least somewhat more viable to use during end-game content.

As I've said before, a Bo staff is NOT and offensive weapon. Try using one in real life, they are slow, but with a wide radius, and will knock almost anyone down, which is exactly what it does in Warframe.

I'll repeat this again, if its purpose is a crowd control weapon, why the heck can it only attack THREE people at a time, THREE. The Orthos is an offensive weapon with more damage and it also attacks MORE PEOPLE (FIVE) and it's CHEAPER.

The Bo is one of my favorite weapons of all time, I've had some experience with using this weapon in real life. Sure, it is not very fast (although for sure, faster than that in the game), but it does make up for range. When I first got the weapon I was a little disappointed in its attack speed. Later (which was quite recent) I became more disappointed when the Bo seemed to have even less reach than the Skana. I don't want to start anything (a good conversation is fine between someone else who understands this), but I'd just like to say that I'd really appreciate it if the creators could at least increase the attack range and speed slightly.

As I've said before, a Bo staff is NOT and offensive weapon. Try using one in real life, they are slow, but with a wide radius, and will knock almost anyone down, which is exactly what it does in Warframe.

you haven't been training enough with the Bo staff because the figure 8 and strikes can reach a blinding speed even with a heavy Bo staff

The Bo's base damage (of a regular hit) is 25.

The dragon kick's damage is 20.

So the Bo has 5 base damage more than the dragon kick. 

Furthermore, the dragon kick ragdolls.

So umm, the dragon kick is better than an unmodded Bo.

Dragom kick does 75 but is affected by armor.

I remember when I bought it and leveled it up for mastery. Wow it is bad. It's supposed to be a weaker weapon because it's mastery rank 0 and is pretty cheap to make, but even the Skana puts it to shame. It should be a bit better than the Cronus because it's one of the candidates for the first melee weapon a new player buys.

Although Bo was first piece of its kind (Staff weapon), Orthos, which came out after, was more favored instead.

Orthos is a totally different kind of weapon. same core concept, but it functions totally different.

the closest comparison to Bo is Amphis. they're almost identical. 

Then they removed its ability to ragdoll enemies. FOR NO REASON

elemental damages have a very high chance of trolling out your special effects on your weapons.

Bo still does what it used to, but only if you don't put any extra damage cards on. otherwise most of the time the elemental damage will kill the enemy instead of the base damage. 

then why is it in the game? content shouldn't be useless, and be justified that in real life it's "useless". 

it's a game, we get to choose what's there. since it's already there, it should be usable. otherwise it's a waste of Development time.

Not only so, it also has higher conclave rating despite being easier to obtain than Bo. WTF IS THAT?

it's a nice reference that makes people feel like TMNT.

1 - that makes sense. it's a superior weapon, so it's worth more Conclave points. it ranks you higher. if a weapon is more effective, it should be worth more points. which Acrid is totally breaking of, it's Conclave rating is hilariously low compared to many other Secondaries that are far, far less effective, but rated higher! dafuq.

2 - i doubt it's in the game just to be a reference. but it's possible.