Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trading

legionprobatio

why do you worry about what other people will do the ones that want to farm will farm and the ones that don't wont that doesn't affect you

So, you want to get everything easy through trading? New players could get all the parts of warframes from their friends or kind strangers, don't you think that might be a bit, game breaking?

So, you want to get everything easy through trading? New players could get all the parts of warframes from their friends or kind strangers, don't you think that might be a bit, game breaking?

Anything to step away from grind and RNG is a step on the right direction.

Trading actual Weapons and Warframes isn't necessary. Trading the components, like "My Rhino Chassis for your Saryn Helm?" is actually really smart.

One of the nastiest problems that plagues players at any level of play is how you can randomly get stuck in that ugly, vicious grind trap where you grind a boss three weeks and never get your third piece for something. It happens too often to simply dismiss it with 'RNG is mean.', particularly since it is at a point where it can be considered harmful to the game.

The game needs a safety net - many people have suggested a token shop system to remedy things - but I'm thinking at this stage Trading might fix it without the need for the tokens.

If you introduce trading and limit it to things like BPs (Specifically the BPs you get as drops) you'll arm players with the option to build a system that 'fixes' the grind trap issue by simply letting the items flow freely amongst each other. "I have what you need, you have what I need."

There are more positives then negatives.

Nope. It wouldn't be game breaking. Nothing in Warframe is going to stop working properly over it. In fact - it may very well improve the new player and clan experience drastically.

you wont get everything easy through trading you will still have to farm and it wont be game breaking if anything it would be better some things are imposible to get for some and really easy to get for others  i got the latron prime receiver today after farming it since U8 came out while i know people that got like 20 of those trading would make things easier in situations like that 

What is better trade my 20 nekros chassis and helmets for systems or get burned out after lot of runs and complain on forums?

A little blunt, but this sums up the truth rather nicely.

It is better to arm players with a method to grab the bull by the horns and escape the Grind trap with the help of friends then it is to just leave them stranded, grinding a boss they've run so much they're sick of seeing it.

I think you'd still have to farm for resources, but it'd be okay to trade blueprints / rare weapon components (handles, barrels, blades, etc) / Void Keys as long as you can only trade on a 1:1 ratio. That way, people don't extort each other for copious amounts of items just for one blueprint, and also to encourage fair trades for things that both parties actually want.

Edited by TheResult

I think you'd still have to farm for resources, but it'd be okay to trade blueprints / rare weapon components (handles, barrels, blades, etc) / Void Keys as long as you can only trade on a 1:1 ratio. That way, people don't extort each other for copious amounts of items just for one blueprint, and also to encourage fair trades for things that both parties actually want.

There is a level of sense to this. Perhaps, with the inclusion of something like trading, it'd be best for DE to actually 'Tier' tradeable components.

Simple Warframe components, like Rhino or Saryn parts or things like Seer? Tier 1.

Alert related BP's and Components? Tier 2.

Void stuff? Tier 3.

Then you start putting together some ground rules. Like T3 components will only trade for T3 components. Have the game warn a user if they are trading a T2 components for something T1, a quick "Your item value doesn't match!" popup to confirm they want to trade downwards. Stuff like that.

Also, it'd probably be best if it wasn't possible to 'give' someone stuff. Trading is trading, not gifting.

also no trading of credits. no weapons or warframes. credits would introduce "gold farmers" to the game and warframes or weapons would introduce "power levelers"

Weapon and Warframe blueprints would be okay, just not flatout weapons and warframes. That way, people still have to get the resources for them, and they still have to wait for them to build-- and also, because of inventory restrictions, it'd be likely that you wouldn't have room for the things you trade for half the time.

I'm ok with this.

While I have global chat disabled, I'd imagine as long as trading gets its own channel, that'll be good.

I don't see too much incentive for bots (if even possible for void BPs because of keys and difficulty for new players) to inflate the number of BPs out there.