Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So I Started A New Account For The Lulz....

SniffYoBunnies

What started as a friendly "Ima get back to the good old times a bit!" thing,ended a horror and made me psot this.

My first game:

-I ask the other 2 Excals if this is their first time.They both say "Yes.".I too say yes,because I wanna keep it a secret.THEY DIED BY A SAWMAN.You know why?Because they didnt know how to roll.THEY DIDNT GET THROUGH THE BIG HOLE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE EXTRACTION AREA.Why?Because they don´t know they´re suppposed to press X at ziplines.I asked them,and they didnt even know those things existed!

-Vor boss battle mission lobby:A guy with a conclave of 54 joins me.I ask him "Dude,why is your rating so low,do you have any mods on?"....I started crying after I saw what he replied:"I didnt get any good mods,and waht rating are u talking about?"

SO THIS IS WHAT I´D LIKE:

Notify players of Conclaves.

Make a tutorial.

...we alread yhave a tutorial?

NO

That´s just a piece of lore and movie sequence,made to teach the player how to kill stuff.

THEY NEED TO KNOW MORE.

They need to know that they can Zipline,wallrun,dodge,do all sorts of mellee movements.

I just feel like the tutorial should teach the player EVERYTHING the game has,including how to get to the Void when you acquire a void key,Conclave ratings,Mastery ranks,and mods,where they drop,and what do exactly do with them.

This game is a HORRID experience for newbies.Even so much with U10 rolled in.You need to welcome the newbeis first,then care about the game´s core of elite players.

What started as a friendly "Ima get back to the good old times a bit!" thing,ended a horror and made me psot this.

My first game:

-I ask the other 2 Excals if this is their first time.They both say "Yes.".I too say yes,because I wanna keep it a secret.THEY DIED BY A SAWMAN.You know why?Because they didnt know how to roll.THEY DIDNT GET THROUGH THE BIG HOLE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE EXTRACTION AREA.Why?Because they don´t know they´re suppposed to press X at ziplines.I asked them,and they didnt even know those things existed!

-Vor boss battle mission lobby:A guy with a conclave of 54 joins me.I ask him "Dude,why is your rating so low,do you have any mods on?"....I started crying after I saw what he replied:"I didnt get any good mods,and waht rating are u talking about?"

SO THIS IS WHAT I´D LIKE:

Notify players of Conclaves.

Make a tutorial.

...we alread yhave a tutorial?

NO

That´s just a piece of lore and movie sequence,made to teach the player how to kill stuff.

THEY NEED TO KNOW MORE.

They need to know that they can Zipline,wallrun,dodge,do all sorts of mellee movements.

I just feel like the tutorial should teach the player EVERYTHING the game has,including how to get to the Void when you acquire a void key,Conclave ratings,Mastery ranks,and mods,where they drop,and what do exactly do with them.

This game is a HORRID experience for newbies.Even so much with U10 rolled in.You need to welcome the newbeis first,then care about the game´s core of elite players.

They should create another entire system, one with each mission type, for noobs only, mastery 1 max.

-special lotus instructions

-Each mission drops a key mod as a reward (elemental pistol, elem rifle, redirection, vitality, elem melee).

-no funky mobs

-reduced mob stats or level

-a simple boss mob (named grineer commander)

I started playing a couple of weeks ago and have to concur with your assessment of the tutorial. I got stuck on the tutorial itself for a while when it told me to switch to my sidearm, but not how (2 is sidearm in 90% of games). I ended up going into the settings to look at the keybindings.

I kind of figured out what the conclave score generally meant after doing the mercury survival for the first time and seeing everyone with high-hundreds scores tearing the place apart.

The ziplines I got sort of lucky with as I was just behind someone who used them which gave me a clue.

It would have been helpful to point out that when there is white crap on the walls it is a tip that you need to parkor to get to the next bit.

Definitely, there is a big "new account experience" discussion circulating here highlighting what needs to change. Much of what you listed is included in this discussion.

A REPLY FROM DE!! IS THIS HEAVEN?!!

They should create another entire system, one with each mission type, for noobs only, mastery 1 max.

-special lotus instructions

-Each mission drops a key mod as a reward (elemental pistol, elem rifle, redirection, vitality, elem melee).

-no funky mobs

-reduced mob stats or level

-a simple boss mob (named grineer commander)

this actually sounds nice tbh, but rather than drop chances on key mods, why not make them as an end mission reward.

I was talking with people about this and I came up with an idea.

Basically when you first complete a mission on mercury you get one of the essential mods as reward (redirection, vitality, hornet strike and serration), It's a one time thing so you can't farm these missions endlessly for them. And after you get your first mod reward you get a tutorial on how mods work, how to fuse, about polarities and such.

Then when you kill old man Vor and you get Cronus BP you get tutorial on foundry. 

And during first missions you get help pop ups on key things like ziplines, what mods look like, what resources look like and other things like that.

this actually sounds nice tbh, but rather than drop chances on key mods, why not make them as an end mission reward.

sorry, that was what i meant when i said 'each mission drops'. I am a huge fan of guaranteed rewards. especially if they are critical for playing the game.

Basically when you first complete a mission on mercury you get one of the essential mods as reward (redirection, vitality, hornet strike and serration), It's a one time thing so you can't farm these missions endlessly for them. And after you get your first mod reward you get a tutorial on how mods work, how to fuse, about polarities and such.

Then when you kill old man Vor and you get Cronus BP you get tutorial on foundry. 

And during first missions you get help pop ups on key things like ziplines, what mods look like, what resources look like and other things like that.

I can go for this. A streamlined tutorial you would never guess is a tutorial is always the best kind.

I like this idea a lot. Good way to both teach people about fundamental game mechanics as well as (sort of) assure that they won't be left behind by RNG.

In that case, hasn't that already been mentioned several weeks back?

Not sure what you mean by that. Could you clarify?

Correct.

Oh. Whoops? 

I like this idea a lot. Good way to both teach people about fundamental game mechanics as well as (sort of) assure that they won't be left behind by RNG.

Not sure what you mean by that. Could you clarify?

Er...I think remember listening in the livestream/reading on the forums that Scott was aware that the newbie experience was horrible and that measures would be considered to resolve the issue.

Edited by ChaoticVice777

I was sad when I saw all of those guys there without even a Redirection mod.I mean,why does a Lancer on the Mercury level drop SENTINEL mods?!

The newbie experience could becoem better if:

-They are procedurraly instructed to all the stuff they click on:Pickung up materials,opening the "Market" section,encountering an area with a wallrun or zipline solution.

-Make essential mods drop from their first missions:M-Prime will give them Serration etc.but ONLY for the first time that they will play on the planet

-Conclaves and their rating should be unlocked and start showing up after Mastery Rank 2 has been reached.

-They get informed about incenitives to cooperate.We have a chance to make the new generation of Warframes better then some of these rushers that dont even say "Hi" in Squad Chat.

I hope they implement at LEAST SOME OF THIS before the newbie inflow of the PS4 release...