Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

RAILJACK and random squads... Mixed bag of insanity.

(PSN)scottfernaays

1 minute ago, (XB1)Evilgamr said:

exactly that, they just never spawn, had another game this morning on an anomaly mission, 2 spawns of 2 CS which I killed almost as soon as they spawned then nothing for the rest of the game..4/6..broken game no Shedu part try.  This is a pattern for that mission typed I didn't even get to try at Shedu yesterday once.

I haven't seen it in a few days but Ive had two games where literally not one spawned, one solo, one with a full crew.

I assume you checked that already, but I'm tossing it in because I'm sure half the readers will think the same:

Did the crewship perhaps "hide" behind an asteroid? Sometimes they get stuck, and if far enough away, never get aggro.

Did you try to move closer to the station (if there was one), or move around to trigger the spawn? I once tried to catch a few fighters which seem to have been an illusion. When I gave up, I was so far away they despawned and nothing new spawned - until I moved closer to the middle.

(Also note that neither case would make it any less of a game-breaking bug. We're not supposed to chase those damn things.)

On 2019-12-30 at 3:45 PM, (PS4)scottfernaays said:

It has guns on it and can generally do more damage.  (No one wanted to use archwing, now everybody is Maverick)

because archwing is waaaaay better at dealing with fighters and crewships. thanks to armor stripping and damage taken debuff archguns have simply the better feel and better actual damage output.

40 minutes ago, Rejutka_Lupex said:

I assume you checked that already, but I'm tossing it in because I'm sure half the readers will think the same:

Did the crewship perhaps "hide" behind an asteroid? Sometimes they get stuck, and if far enough away, never get aggro.

Did you try to move closer to the station (if there was one), or move around to trigger the spawn? I once tried to catch a few fighters which seem to have been an illusion. When I gave up, I was so far away they despawned and nothing new spawned - until I moved closer to the middle.

(Also note that neither case would make it any less of a game-breaking bug. We're not supposed to chase those damn things.)

Yes, its a pretty common bug (see the bug subforms) which is why its surprising to see you've never seen it.

Apparently they spawn inside asteroids or way outside the fight area sometimes (and CY doesnt announce them) but there is no way I have ever found to track them down.

I do have a theory that the crew ships spawn with an entourage of 2 fighters, and unless those fighters are also killed (i.e. they wander off) it may not trigger a crew ship to spawn again.

There is some wave trigger since I can reliably wipe out X fighters, early in a game watch 10 more spawn, wait 10 seconds then a CS and 2 more fighters will appear. wipe those out and it repeats. In the last day somehow the script has been changed or my tactics have resulted in 2 spawning in close timing but that still doesnt prevent it from occasionally (and pretty reliably on the anomaly missions) breaking still.

Edited by (XB1)Evilgamr