The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Red orbs on sentient tile, possible secret?

1 hour ago, SilvaDreams said:

Actually you can damage and break them. Done it a couple of times. They just can't be "broken" until they start to pop out of the wall, they are essentially an environmental hazard that you can defend against to some degree.

Really? I had a full team hammer on those orbs for a couple minutes and it didn't seem to have any effect. How long did it take for your to break them? 

2 hours ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

*snip*

That's a very cool lore theory, though I must admit my own interpretation tends to be a lot more pedestrian and cynical than that. Sentient cores refilling your meters? Nothing but a gameplay reward for beating a tough enemy with no deeper meaning. As for the references to the sentients' "light", I always took that as a figurative reference to their consciousness, which changed over time to gain true sentience, an indication that they are more than just machines. Such references to the "light of consciousness" are not uncommon, and vice versa, such as this article discussing whether insects are "dark inside". Warframe uses a lot of weird terminology and oblique references in lieu of explicitly describing things, I see this as yet another example of that. Basically, it boils down to how much thought you think the devs put into all this stuff. You think they put in a lot of thought, and it does make for a cool theory. We'll see if it turns out to be right.

Edited by SordidDreams

21 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

Basically, it boils down to how much thought you think the devs put into all this stuff.

This. I used to think in more practical terms as well when it came to lore, as in "seeing is believing", but replaying quests like the War Within and CoH has convinced me that DE(Steve most likely) has foreshadowed a lot of the big relevations we had in the past. We all Ordis' quote "This warframe really suits you, operator. Ha Ha." and the introduction of limbo had us all ask questions back in the day. If you analyze what is shown in addition to what is said, especially in WarWithin and the Rell comic, it unlocks a whole ton of questions about not just  how the Tenno came to be, but also what Void exposure actually does, why its only the kids that didnt go mad, why transference exists, why focus exists, and so on - all of that you'd be oblivious to if you just took everything literally.

Even with what little they've shown us up until now you can get a very good idea of what the Duviri Paradox will be about, how it ties to your Tenno, who HeyKiddo is, and so on. It just takes one looking past the obvious lines. I have all the confidence that these hints are placed deliberately.

• 1 year later...