Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Switching to full melee is too slow

Scar.brother.help.me

Could there be some other option other than hold weapon switch?

I personally use heavy slams and heavy attacks a lot, there are some pure heavy builds now.

Since the big melee update I only use heavy slams anyway, and I can't heavy slam right after using my firearms during aim glide. I either have to hold the switch button every time to go full melee and ignore the firearms (just keep a riflewith amalgam serration for sprint speed) or not use aim glide with firearms before I want to perform a heavy slam (which kills parkour, for me at least).

Since we have an option to bind Heavy Attack and Secondary Fire on 2 different keys - why not allow draw melee out when we press a Heavy Attack Key? (Gamepad players might need another solution, but it aint my problem, right? :P)

There was another proposal on this forum: an option to hold melee = switch to full melee (instead of heavy attack).

Or/And hold melee while performing a normal slam until you land to turn it into a heavy slam.

Edited by Scar.brother.help.me
  • Like 2

Performing a heavy attack right away when pressing the button for it would make sense and I don't see why it shouldn't work.

You might be able to just bind switch to melee on some button and use that and then heavy attack right away.

And if you want heavy slam from aim glide, you can quick melee in the air and the do the heavy slam. You quick melee without doing the light slam, by looking up while doing the quick melee. Up is anything higher than straight ahead.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gluih said:

Performing a heavy attack right away when pressing the button for it would make sense and I don't see why it shouldn't work.

Neither do I.

7 hours ago, gluih said:

You might be able to just bind switch to melee on some button and use that and then heavy attack right away.

I don't follow you, is there an actual bind "switch to melee" in the options? I only know "switch weapon" (hold to go full melee) and "switch gun" (never used it but sounds like something left from the past).

7 hours ago, gluih said:

And if you want heavy slam from aim glide, you can quick melee in the air and the do the heavy slam. You quick melee without doing the light slam, by looking up while doing the quick melee. Up is anything higher than straight ahead.

And that's how I do it but just because there is no better way.

17 minutes ago, Scar.brother.help.me said:

I don't follow you, is there an actual bind "switch to melee" in the options? I only know "switch weapon" (hold to go full melee) and "switch gun" (never used it but sounds like something left from the past).

I always just skipped over that part of the options and turns out there isn't. Maybe there used to be one? I thought there was a way to switch to melee, where you didn't have to hold down the button.