Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Integrate Lich system

(PSN)HAVOCS-Regret

It sucks that Liches aren't integrated into the rest of warframe, you have to choose between either Lich farming or everything else.  You can't progress on multiple things.  Brozime put up a decent vid on youtube with some suggestions:  "Lets Fix Kuva Liches - Warframe Discussion"

I already have all the weapons, but many of my weapons aren't as strong as they could be, and I don't have all the ephemera yet.  Problem is I can't be bother putting myself through all the long terrible grind for those improvements/cosmetics, especially if it means I can't progress with anything else, or at least combine that farm with some other objectives I want to achieve.

Are Liches going to be another do it once and never again bit of content?

• Like 1

vor 9 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Fairfied:

Are Liches going to be another do it once and never again bit of content?

Yes, because sadly most of Warframe content is structured this way. Railjack, open worlds, archwing-only missions, conclave, Eidolons, Liches, Bossfights... you get where I'm going at. Once you have the one thing you want from them, there is literally 0 insenstive to go back. With the state of Railjack right now you could argue that all the work is for the Shedu. And once you have it, there is 0 reason to go back. Once you have R3 Arcane Energize /Grace /Barrier, there is 0 reason to do Eidolons (because by that time you're gonna be overstocked on sentient cores like crazy). With some content it becomes more apparant quicker than with other content.
I think I heard some YouTuber once say, that the problem with Warframe is that it's gameplay is not intrinsically motivating. You do not replay the same mission for the 100th time to have fun, but for farming. For the grind. 

Alot of it could be solved by integrating the features into core gameplay. This would also make said core gameplay more variable and thus more entertaining. Examples;

The railjack quest is set earlier in the questline and more accessible to newer players. The Liset is unlocked as a movable vehicle, similar to how rialjack moves, but cannot fight back like a railjack could, does not require defense however. A stealth-ninja vehicle. Later missions will require you to fight in open space frequently. And I mean every standard mission. This integrates railjack into core gameplay.

Archwing could be integrated in a similar fashion; Giving air support to ground-tenno units during regular missions or have random events occur in regular missions which require archwing. Examples for these events could be;
Capture; Target is fleeing into outer space, capture them there (archwing). If not capture quick enough, they retreat into a crewship which has to borded (railjack). 
Survival; Life support running out blows Tenno into outer space, giving them a short period where they can restore life support. 
Mobile Defense; Can include satelites at random like with archwing mobile defense missions. Satelites can be protected better if a railjack is available. 
etc. 

• Like 1

What I don't get about it is, that the original idea seemed to be different and it should be pretty obvious, that the way it turned out is much worse.

Apparently we are getting the option to skip a lich 1/week, which will be an improvement (btw it would make sense to have the reset happen for everybody at the same time, so finding other players to do lich stuff becomes easier). I really hope, that we are going to be able to progress in the lich system while playing the rest of the game at some point.

Once you have all the weapons/ephemeras/stats you want, there isn't really any reason to Vanquish Liches anymore. I think they should add the "Scrap" system we see in Railjack used to get back resources from built items. And since vanished weapons go straight to our Foundry and not our Inventory, don't see why this couldn't work. Tie some of the rarer resources to it like Nitain or even introduce a new resource that can only be obtained by scrapping Kuva weapons, like Crystalized Kuva just as an example.

Reason to go back and do it.