Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The excessive use of white reflections is extremely hard on peoples eyes

CrestfallenOne

I get that some people like the shiny look, but in many places it's just painful to look at (looking at you plans rocks), no other game hurts my eyes but Warframe does.

There needs to be a way to tone down the incredible amount of shine on everything, like everything has almost a quarter of the area on the screen just white, even after fiddling with the settings and searching online it's still a problem.

Possibly tinting the sheen with a little bit of colour might make it less blinding, boarder lands 2 has a few snowey areas but avoids being blinding by tinting the snow and ice a little bit blue, something similar might work for Warframe.

• Like 1

Are you referring to the bloom (ie the white if you look at a bright light source), you can reduce that in settings.  And yes that is a little intense at stock settings so try knocking that down to near zero.

Same goes for other people's abilities iirc.

... Or, you might just want to put your game brightness settings back to 50 instead of it being on 100... And bring the Bloom Intensity slider down to a value between 10 and 5...

... Or, properly calibrate your color settings on your GPU...

... Or, normalize your monitor settings, which I can't point out because I don't know what screen you have.

Edited by Uhkretor

1 hour ago, Uhkretor said:

... Or, you might just want to put your game brightness settings back to 50 instead of it being on 100... And bring the Bloom Intensity slider down to a value between 10 and 5...

... Or, properly calibrate your color settings on your GPU...

... Or, normalize your monitor settings, which I can't point out because I don't know what screen you have.

as i said i've already messed around with the settings, bloom is off and the brightness is is at just under 50, it's not my gpu or screen because it only happens with warframe. did you only read the title?

• Like 1

On 2020-01-05 at 4:22 PM, CrestfallenOne said:

did you only read the title?

... seriously?

On 2020-01-05 at 12:24 PM, CrestfallenOne said:

I get that some people like the shiny look, but in many places it's just painful to look at (looking at you plans rocks), no other game hurts my eyes but Warframe does.

There needs to be a way to tone down the incredible amount of shine on everything, like everything has almost a quarter of the area on the screen just white, even after fiddling with the settings and searching online it's still a problem.

Possibly tinting the sheen with a little bit of colour might make it less blinding, boarder lands 2 has a few snowey areas but avoids being blinding by tinting the snow and ice a little bit blue, something similar might work for Warframe.

The rest of the game have the shines on most of the proper surfaces. The ones that aren't properly intended to use all those shines are barely noticeable to make a dent on you.

Your problem is the white color of the snow, but I think its best to share this information... Snow in abundant quantities is WHITE, and under low sunlight exposure it tends to shine, with higher brilliance under consecutively higher sunlight exposure.

On 2020-01-05 at 12:24 PM, CrestfallenOne said:

There needs to be a way to tone down the incredible amount of shine on everything,

but ill state it explicitly for anyone how misunderstood, i think there should be an option to reduce the amount/ intensity of light sources reflections on surfaces

• Like 3

On 2020-01-05 at 6:19 PM, Uhkretor said:

There's an option to disable reflections. If that isn't optional enough for you, then no one can help you.

that only changes weather you can see objects in the reflections, turning it off (which i have tried) doesn't remove the reflections of light sources.

you are sure not some graphic modification tool is causing this?
afaik the nvidia experience tool has some auto tweaks, and a ton of other useless tool with the same behavior is out there.

also i would recommend some more tests: i would disable all effects and/or reduce it to medium and/or low if possible. restart the game and look if it's still happening.

i'm also quite troubled by to bright things, but i can't see where you problems come from. by default i always disable blur, bloom and glare in any game i play.

Edited by SpawnTDK

In my case, my monitor is just too bright to stare at all day, even at minimum settings. I got myself a program to further reduce the brightness and color correct my monitor. "Gamma Panel," works for me. Now, I didn't do this because of the white reflection, but just overall reducing the brightness of everything. By turning the Contrast down and brightness to about 40% in that program, I took a lot of the bite out of the glow of my monitor. You may well have tried similar things, and I hope you find a happy medium somewhere between settings and/or a program that limits the overall intensity.

Also, keeping a light on in your room while you play can reduce eye strain.
Best of luck, OP.

Edited by kapn655321