The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Djihn Is Fine

Riccoshot

(forgive my spelling)

Some of my thougts after seeing people complaining a lot about Djinn, when it's really not that bad overall.

First of all - resourсes:

2 Formas? - T3 Voids with 37% chance for Forma BP drop is not enough?

6 Mutagens? It was spoken that U10 will have new infested weapons, i crafted like 10 mutagens inb4 they were moved to Direlicts, and from what played (Direlict Defence & Survival), you farming resources there like you farming them elsewhere, so i don't see problem to get them at all. No, the keys are not the problem too, craft time and resouces was nerfed twice.

30,000 salvage? After i played 300h (right before U10), i had around 200k of salvage, without playing 24/7, without purposeful salvage farming.

3,500 circuits? Oh, there's an alerts that can give you 1,5k. Same as salvage - it dropped enough while i was just playing through the planets.

Now lets talk about each part of Djinn overall:

- Abilities

(not much about Thumper - it shoots things, that's all;

Fatal Attraction is bugged/not working - yes it's useless atm, hope it will get fixed)

- Stinger

(armor ignoring gun, should i say anything more? range is okay, accuracy at long range (30m+) is the same like any other sentinel gun;

A lot of posts with comparision between sentinels and their guns - i tried them all, and if i don't go for defence or survival and will be lazy to run some circles around, then yes, i'll pick the Carrier.

Note: Deathcube can't hit targets floating on Bastille, it shoots under them.

Note2: Shade + Deathcube rifle not working (maybe only for me?). It refuse to shoot things at all.)

So, i don't actually see anything behind those posts rathen then incorrect critique (or is it just whining?)

Or all this because of people want everything here and now? (which i can't even consider as 'feedback')

Bonus: Deathcube + DMR vs. Djinn + Stinger, both have same mods (screens + vid under the spoler)

2jetvzs.png

3525jkm.png

(DMR - 30s, Stinger - 15s)

(don't mind background voices - was listening Prime Time stream)

Edited by Riccoshot

Djinn* and no he's not fine, he's skill doesn't work/Makes sense/Not useful. And he has a - polarity he is meant to die. Seeing as how spare parts if only mod with -. They made this sentinel to be horrible and die a lot.

That's not very constructive. Spare Parts is highly useful, and combined with Regen it can get you some very rare materials rather frequently. Djinn is very useful to people who like melee as it can draw targets into melee range for you (though that's not so useful against toxic ancients that's ONE enemy) and even if the skills aren't working right now they will be fixed, you can guarantee.

By the way, if you wanna complain about polarities just friggin forma the dang sentinel. Don't whine about it.

He is not fine. His ability is completely worthless. 

Again, Non-constructive opinions. You might not like it, someone else might. The point is, is it EFFECTIVE. Djinn are spirits that could grant wishes, but were occasionally mischievous. What would a Tenno wish for? Death to their foes, to bring their foes closer to inflict damage,  pain, and more death. Etc, etc. CONTEXT. It seems to me the whiners never look at the context of the things they whine about. Yes, he could use tweaking but Djinn is also pretty low IMO on the list of things in need of tweaking and fixing on DE's plate.

Djinn* and no he's not fine, he's skill doesn't work/Makes sense/Not useful. And he has a - polarity he is meant to die. Seeing as how spare parts if only mod with -. They made this sentinel to be horrible and die a lot.

Ok, let's follow this logic. Dual Ichors have a 'triangle' polarity, this don't mean i will be forced to use Stun or Freeze on them or that they were created to stun and freeze.

If your Djinn will be without a Reactor you probably will never even full in all slots, otherwise... 1 forma, to simply change it to any other polarity like if it originally wont have any. Don't see a problem here.

I stated than Djinn by itself (w/o Stinger) have few problems. Fatal Attraction is main problem atm.

Again, Non-constructive opinions. You might not like it, someone else might. The point is, is it EFFECTIVE. Djinn are spirits that could grant wishes, but were occasionally mischievous. What would a Tenno wish for? Death to their foes, to bring their foes closer to inflict damage,  pain, and more death. Etc, etc. CONTEXT. It seems to me the whiners never look at the context of the things they whine about. Yes, he could use tweaking but Djinn is also pretty low IMO on the list of things in need of tweaking and fixing on DE's plate.

It's not effective. 

It's not effective. 

Repeat: non-constructive. What's your reasoning behind the ability not being effective? I will grant it thus: Fatal Attraction is indeed flawed much like I feel Terrify is flawed (different topic completely involving mainly of a desire to have a life-drain ability) but that doesn't mean it needs to be removed merely tweaked and fiddled with as with all new things in the game. IF by some chance Fatal Attraction does get scrapped then I can only assume Djinn should be given another ability to supplement its...sinister qualities. If you think about it, Djinn is pretty much an Infested in Sentinal form so the fact it can draw in enemies is both fitting and creepy and highly similar to Phorid's Roaring attack. If you don't like melee you can just not use the Precept of course...that is an option.

Not effective, you say?

Ok, let's suggest it this way.

I thought it was a good thing, that now you can equip any weapon on any sentinel, but then i realised that probably sentinels should stay the way they were.

Every sentinel has prof and cons:

Shade

+ grants you survivability, helps you rest a bit even inside the room full of mobs

- weak gun

Wyrm

+ grants crowd control, prevent melee units from attacking

- less weak gun

Deatcube

+ nice firepower

+/- vaporize keeps away the thrash around you; big damage - big cooldown

(see, more firepower, less helpful ability)

Carrier

+ nice firepower

+ getalldaloot

Djinn

+ best weapon from all the sentinels

- his weapon is great in scale to other sentinels, so he doesn't actually have useful ability

Edited by Riccoshot

Fatal attraction is trash to me imo, along with spare parts. It has a mini AOE vaporize that mostly just stuns a lot of things around you with miniscule damage yes, but it's pretty useless when corpus and grineer love to hide around and be spread around the map. It could help with infested, but the better option is to stand on high places or keep moving constantly.

Infested run towards players by default so another downvote to it's aggro mechanic. Corpus and Grineer obliterate the Djinn when it casts fatal attraction, it has health, but it has no armor and very small amount of shields.

Spare parts is pointless to me because I can and other people can get rare resources from easy missions like bosses or survival which is a huge boost to farming resources imo. When it regens, it'll just die again and regen only works once per mission and I was told it works when it's at a certain amount of HP, so if the corpus+grineer are strong, it'll die before it can even use regen.

The stinger is nice, I do like it, but it doesn't have a DoT which I believe it should because this thread, Megan said it has a DoT but clearly everyone who has a Djinn has tested that it does not and now we all believe it should have it now because of that one post #16

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/113011-djinn-not-really-fulfilling-any-wishes-this-one/

The range on the Thumper is really nice indeed, I wish it was accurate like the Acrid, the travel time I can care less, but if it shot straight on a target that is standing still from 50m away, it would be a great change.

Edited by Laosduude

Not effective, you say?

Ok, let's suggest it this way.

I thought it was a good thing, that now you can equip any weapon on any sentinel, but then i realised that probably sentinels should stay the way they were.

Every sentinel has prof and cons:

Shade

+ grants you survivability, helps you rest a bit even inside the room full of mobs

- weak gun

Wyrm

+ grants crowd control, prevent melee units from attacking

- less weak gun

Deatcube

+ nice firepower

+/- vaporize keeps away the thrash around you; big damage - big cooldown

(see, more firepower, less helpful ability)

Carrier

+ nice firepower

+ getalldaloot

Djinn

+ best weapon from all the sentinels

- his weapon is great in scale to other sentinels, so he doesn't actually have useful ability

Best weapon from all the sentinels is the shotgun from carrier,don't thing because djinn if poison and ignore armor is better,with shotgun mods carrier shotgun have 150% armor piercing and ALOT more dmg and better crit

Best weapon from all the sentinels is the shotgun from carrier,don't thing because djinn if poison and ignore armor is better,with shotgun mods carrier shotgun have 150% armor piercing and ALOT more dmg and better crit

This, you can also get 150% fire damage if you want. It's a beast simply put. Projectile weapons on sentinels are not good until they tweak their AI to lead targets.

Fatal Attraction is bugged/not working - yes it's useless atm, hope it will get fixed)

So, i don't actually see anything behind those posts rathen then incorrect critique (or is it just whining?)

:|

His main ability, is bugged/not working/useless. So.....maybe that's why people are complaining?

You don't think having a BROKEN MAIN ABILITY justifies a complaint?

EDIT:

in your list of pros and cons of all the sentinels - the only PRO you listed for djinn is his WEAPON, which can be moved to any other sentinel. So.....any other sentinel + his weapon is better than him....according to you lol. And tell me again how HE is not worth of a complaint? Not his weapon, but him?

Edited by notionphil

Rico, I can't get your video to work.

Maybe direct link will work:

:|

His main ability, is bugged/not working/useless. So.....maybe that's why people are complaining?

You don't think having a BROKEN MAIN ABILITY justifies a complaint?

EDIT:

in your list of pros and cons of all the sentinels - the only PRO you listed for djinn is his WEAPON, which can be moved to any other sentinel. So.....any other sentinel + his weapon is better than him....according to you lol. And tell me again how HE is not worth of a complaint? Not his weapon, but him?

People complaining about... everything.

Again i don't know where and for what purpose people use him to see how he's performing.

Did you read first part of pros & cons post? I stated that i think, that all sentinels now can equip all weapons is not so great idea, and after that i wrote a table with pros & cons. based on sentinels with their own guns, cause that seems like a balanse at least. Highly useful Shade + (Very)Bad Gun = No ability Djinn + (Best)Good Gun? Don't know about you, but that's just how i see this. 

But yes, now they all can equip all the guns, i can't state they're equal now aaannd... nobody cares.

We talking about Djinn overall, cause you can't get Stinger w/o crafting Djinn. It outpermorms Deatcube now, so his only rival is Carrier.

Btw, i can run the test again, but not that soon, Sweeper got Forma'ed recently. At least i have second pair of maxed mods for him.

People complaining about... everything.

I know, right?  How dare these people attempt to help DE improve the game!  They just need to learn that everything has always been fine, is currently fine, and will always be fine.  Having to scavenge for food every day in a third-world country?  You're fine, stop complaining.  Can't drink any of the local water because it has been poisoned by your tyrannical government?  Just suck it up, you cry-baby.  Nothing in history has ever gotten better when people have complained about it, right? 

We talking about Djinn overall, cause you can't get Stinger w/o crafting Djinn. It outpermorms Deatcube now, so his only rival is Carrier.

Uh, what?  First of all, Djinn has the accuracy of a Stormtrooper, so it doesn't outperform Dethcube most of the time.  Secondly, how are you ruling out Shade?  Shade has the single best ability of any sentinel.  I honestly don't even think Djinn beats out Wrym.  At least Wrym can occasionally stun enemies and reliably slow down targets (with a Cryo Rounds mod). 

Let's see here.

Most expensive?

Least accurate?

Most useless ability? *even vaporize does something*

Most useless polarity?

Yea. Not worth it. Aside from all that I still want to get Shade Pistol stuck on Djinn, just because it'd look cool. My sentinels never live long as Loki anyway, considering I always leave them in the open when I go invis.

Let's see here.

Most expensive?

Least accurate?

Most useless ability? *even vaporize does something*

Most useless polarity?

Yea. Not worth it. Aside from all that I still want to get Shade Pistol stuck on Djinn, just because it'd look cool. My sentinels never live long as Loki anyway, considering I always leave them in the open when I go invis.

Most expensive. If we talk about time then yes.

Least accurate? Maybe yes, maybe no, needs testing.

Most useless ability? Yep, but can't you guys see the point of balance between sentinels (oh yes, if only we still weren't allowed to equip all guns to all sentinel, but let's just imagine)?

I posted a vid under the spoiler in OP - "DMR vs. Stinger on lv. 60+ Ancient", DMR - 30s, Stinger - 15s. So Stinger outperforms DMR, right?

Now let's switch to sentinels themselves - while Deathcube's gun is weaker than Djinn's gun, his ability do something instead of nothing.

That's the balance imo. I can wrote comparison about every sentinel, but again, now you can equip any gun and still nobody cares.

Most useless polarity? If you really into sentinel you gonna put Reactor + Forma him multiple times. But nobody gonna even do it and just will write about useless polarity. Without Reactor you probably will never reach that (-) polarity slot. If you gonna Forma him then you probably will just change it to any polarity like if you Forma any Sentinel w/o polarity on that slot. So please, show me a problem here.

I can't see how, if any item have some polarity, people can say "oh god, it was his destiny, it was born for this". (but that's what people upvoting here, lol)

Before writing all this i eventually run 32m solo Apollodorus survival, my freshly formaed Nekros (rank 3 though) got downed twice, while Djinn was alive through all the match. Grineers were at level 70-80 at the end, heavy units mostly. Here's the question - if Stinger is badly (what people say) inaccurate, then why i had only about 20 kills on the final screen? An here's the answer - yes, it's inaccurate at long range (like any other sentinel gun), but aren't these words are kinda theoretical, from how it's actually in-game? Yes, there's some locations with long range gameplay (Grineer Asteroid defence, Phobos, Corpus Outpost), but even on those (besides all other places) you actually moving during the game, killing the stuff, bring enemies at 20+ meters range, and all that innacuracy problem dissapears, doesn't it?

The summary is: Stinger by itself is great, Djinn by itself is not that good (cause again, if we talk about Sentinel as a whole thing, his not useful ability is compensation for great gun). Djinn as whole sentinel is not that good+great=fine.

30.000 salvage is NOT ok.

no blueprint should have a 5 digit resource cost on an uncommon resource, it just changes the game into a boring, never-ending grind-fest.

same with the mutagen. why would i waste thousands of salvage in constructing keys, only to get barely enough for one mass?

all by all, the negative feedback i've seen on the forums here massively outweigh the (possibly only) positive feedback...

@riccoshot

You are now making up reasons to justify why you like a self admittedly broken sentinel with no gameplay benefits other than gaining access to a weapon which can/should be moved to any other sentinel in your arsenal.

If you like djinn as is that's great. But pls don't make a thread giving the devs feedback that he is fine, when you yourself acknowledge that he is broken. That will only make it more likely that he will never be fixed.

If you think like using him bc he's cute and think his weapon is good, please just say that, don't give misleading feedback saying he's fine.