The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Battle Avionics don't actually exist.

(XBOX)TehChubbyDugan

I've been playing Empyrean since it hit console and I've seen two, one of which I lost because the game bugged out.  

Your fix for battle avionics barely dropping at all was to...  Put them almost exclusively in the endgame area for Empyrean where half of them are useless?  So just screw anyone that actually takes the time to play through the star chart and farm and progress slowly like you intend for them to do because the only reliable farm for battle avionics is going to be out at the end of the current content where all the Exo units are.  It's hilarious that Seeker Volley can be dropped by a unit that could straight face tank a whole barrage from a maxed out Seeker Volley.  

Combined with the fact that there was a complete failure to even acknowledge, much less address the wide ranging RNG stats with the overly heavy time-gate to build and the insane resource costs as one of the primary issues aside from bugs.  No mention that you've even acknowledged player complaints about the RIDICULOUS inventory limits, the fact that you cannot manage inventory in-mission so you literally cannot control what you get to keep without constantly returning to drydock.

DE changed drop rate of battle avionics with latest PC hotfix. It will eventually come to console too.

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

All Battle Avionics are now potential drops from Elite fighters in Deep Space. Also, with new permanent markers on Avionics, you’ll now ensure none go unclaimed, because you’ll see them! 
Battle Avionics rarity was exacerbated by the units they dropped on - adding drops to Elite fighters should increase your chances of acquiring one. We want to see the effects of these new drops before making additional changes.

54 minutes ago, Aeon94 said:

DE changed drop rate of battle avionics with latest PC hotfix. It will eventually come to console too.

That's literally what I addressed in the post.  It's literally there in the post.  Me giving feedback on the fact that their "fix" is bad and why.  In the post that I wrote that you didn't read.

In the post.

1 hour ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

Your fix for battle avionics barely dropping at all was to...  Put them almost exclusively in the endgame area for Empyrean where half of them are useless?  So just screw anyone that actually takes the time to play through the star chart and farm and progress slowly like you intend for them to do because the only reliable farm for battle avionics is going to be out at the end of the current content where all the Exo units are.  It's hilarious that Seeker Volley can be dropped by a unit that could straight face tank a whole barrage from a maxed out Seeker Volley.  

Combined with the fact that there was a complete failure to even acknowledge, much less address the wide ranging RNG stats with the overly heavy time-gate to build and the insane resource costs as one of the primary issues aside from bugs.  No mention that you've even acknowledged player complaints about the RIDICULOUS inventory limits, the fact that you cannot manage inventory in-mission so you literally cannot control what you get to keep without constantly returning to drydock.

Here it is again.

12 minutes ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

-snip-

People can misread and I have missed the part you mentioned about fix as I am kinda sleepy right now.

My response was mostly to your title and I just wanted to give information about drop rate change. No need to be THIS hostile.

25 minutes ago, Aeon94 said:

People can misread and I have missed the part you mentioned about fix as I am kinda sleepy right now.

My response was mostly to your title and I just wanted to give information about drop rate change. No need to be THIS hostile.

Literally my ENTIRE post other than the title was about the fix that you commented about.  The whole post was about it.  And forgive the hostilities but literally every post or comment I make with literally any criticism is immediately hounded by ONLY 2 types of people:  People that didn't read a damn thing I wrote and people telling me I'm wrong because the game is perfect.  

It's getting really, really frustrating.

29 minutes ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

I've been playing Empyrean since it hit console and I've seen two, one of which I lost because the game bugged out.  

I got seeker volley, blackout pulse or whatever it is, and most recently void hole. 

Lately I've been more actively hunting stuff like the outriders, crewships and cannons, and trying to hang around until they blow up fully, in order to collect the drops. 

Before, I was usually working on the turrets, or hopping into the slingshot, zipping over and warping back asap without waiting on the drops. 

5 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

I got seeker volley, blackout pulse or whatever it is, and most recently void hole. 

Lately I've been more actively hunting stuff like the outriders, crewships and cannons, and trying to hang around until they blow up fully, in order to collect the drops. 

Before, I was usually working on the turrets, or hopping into the slingshot, zipping over and warping back asap without waiting on the drops. 

I'm glad for you.  My RNG is S#&$.  I've seen Seeker Volley, which is laughably bad even if you mod for it, and I've seen a Munitions Vortex, which I lost because the game bugged out.  My RNG is S#&$ in every game I play and Empyrean is just nicely highlighting that for me.  My general RNG is bad enough that I've literally taken notes on my drops VS the drops of the people I play with and play times for several different games because I want to know if it's just confirmation bias or if I'm crazy or what.  Nope.  Literally just terrible luck with any game with RNG drops.  I guess someone has to be on the wrong end of the bell curve.

The idea though, that they're increasing Avionics gain by putting them in the drop tables for the enemies that are at the end of the content is hilariously stupid.  "We put the things you need to farm enemies in the drop tables of the enemies you want to farm."  That's...  Not how progression works.  You kill enemy 1 and it drops the thing you need to kill enemy 2 which drops for 3 and so on.  DE thinks they're being generous by putting the things you need to farm enemies 1-3 in enemy 3's drop table while enemies 1 and 2 just got a by the numbers EHP increase.

It would be genuinely funny if I didn't like this game.  Or at least used to like this game.  Opinion is changing quick these days.

46 minutes ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

Literally my ENTIRE post other than the title was about the fix that you commented about.  The whole post was about it.  And forgive the hostilities but literally every post or comment I make with literally any criticism is immediately hounded by ONLY 2 types of people:  People that didn't read a damn thing I wrote and DE shills telling me I'm wrong because DE is perfect and the game is perfect.  

It's getting really, really frustrating.

Funny thing is that if someone ( like sleepy me ) misses your post's 2nd row while reading, whole post doesn't sound like its about latest fix but more of our complaints since RJ's release. Also sorry if I sounded like either of those 2 types of people.

22 minutes ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

The idea though, that they're increasing Avionics gain by putting them in the drop tables for the enemies that are at the end of the content is hilariously stupid.  "We put the things you need to farm enemies in the drop tables of the enemies you want to farm."  That's...  Not how progression works.  You kill enemy 1 and it drops the thing you need to kill enemy 2 which drops for 3 and so on.  DE thinks they're being generous by putting the things you need to farm enemies 1-3 in enemy 3's drop table while enemies 1 and 2 just got a by the numbers EHP increase.

I agree about player progression but still battle avionics dropping from all elite units instead of single unit is a nice change. Hope DE adds some of them back to Earth / Saturn elite drop tables.

Edited by Aeon94

There always needs to be a carrot on the stick... extrinsic rewards and it seems that battle avionics are what DE intended to be the carrot, the endgame grind, the extrinsic reward for Railjack.

I put a lot of hours into trying to get a void hole dropped but lastly decided I was wasting my time playing in the first build released on PS4. Drop chances too low, mission designs to similar, bugs too frequent, loot too misseable.

DE have a lot on their plates on all platforms right now... because their product RAILJACK was frankly unfinished, unpolished and overly rushed. It has a lot of potential though. 

I have also jumped onto the RJ the day it released and played it compulsively with the feeling of need to progress, accumulate, improve. The way it is at the moment it is not really worth the time some players are putting into it including myself. And frankly, people should stop playing it if it is not rewarding. But that is the moment when compulsion kicks in and lets the passionate or obsessed player labor in vain without analysing his self damaging behaviour.

I depise the new RANDOM rolls on all stats for FUNDAMENTAL components like Reactor, Shields, Engines, and I‘d like to see it changed to a moddeable counterpart. I do not mind the bugs as much as this fact, because it indicates how Warframe is willing to deal with our time investment in the future. It wants more of it. All of it.

More fully randomised essential rewards, higher time investment. 

After I install a catalyst into a new weapon and level it up, forma it, level it up, tweak my mods, forma it again, level it up ... I actually feel a unique bond with that weapon. I did this! I have improved it. I have modded it... and I feel its power over my enemies now. I have lifted this stat stick of a weapon to something unique in my perception. I have worked on it to make it splendid. A feeling I have never had in Destiny when getting a splendid set of perks on a meta weapon. It just is not the same. The time I invest in such an item does not feel like a chore or a grind... even if I grind Hydron to get there. It is a good intrinsic and extrinsic reward.

Getting a Vidar reactor with 100 avionics capacity? Yeah sure I‘d be happy, but I would not have the same sense of acomplishment. What did I accomplish? I did not give up on repetitive, repetitive, repetitive tedious missions until I was lucky to see it dropped. Sure. Was it fun? No! Was it more fun to put 5 forma onto my Kuva Kohm? Yes definitely!

Stat Range. The reason DE is not saying anything about the range of the holy moly Vidar reactors is already SAYING something... they clearly see that AVIONICS are the most important stat of your RJ and they are saying that the stat range is going to stay... because it puts players into the compulsive state of grinding and so they will get more time out of each player who sets his mind to the task of getting a better reactor for his Railjack. 

Same thing with the resource costs for components/armaments. Though they seem to have dialed up some resources, titanium, my nemesis material has seen no change at all. Titanium is selling all the resource boosters in the market atm and is increasing play time, because many teams after completing the repetative mission begin to farm the nodes on the space tile.

I bought a drop chance booster for 7 days when RJ launched specifically because I needed titanium. Do I swim in that stuff by now? Not at all. Could I build all components and armaments I needed? By far no. Half of it. Could I have managed without the booster? No. Only if I would have spent MANY more hours to collect all the nodes on the tile. Which is not fun.

Inventory limits. They will intoduce a counter on railjack console on how many wreckage you hold but no sign of adding it to inventory and let you dismantle wreckage after the mission rewards have been displayed before jumping to the same mission to continue the hunt for the fabled void hole unicorn or the vidar 100 avionics reactor dragon.

It is nice that Wisp now can swing her melee without standing on her stumps... but it is just a pleasant diversion from other more pressing matters.

Edited by (PS4)PePSchaepp
  • Like 1

I'm glad for you.  My RNG is S#&$.  I've seen Seeker Volley, which is laughably bad even if you mod for it, and I've seen a Munitions Vortex, which I lost because the game bugged out.  My RNG is S#&$ in every game I play and Empyrean is just nicely highlighting that for me.  My general RNG is bad enough that I've literally taken notes on my drops VS the drops of the people I play with and play times for several different games because I want to know if it's just confirmation bias or if I'm crazy or what.  Nope.  Literally just terrible luck with any game with RNG drops.  I guess someone has to be on the wrong end of the bell curve

Me too. But that's why I started to do something about it. By changing my play style to increase the chances of collecting what drops, I believe that I am definitely helping myself. Like you it could be a confirmation bias, except for one thing. 

I can't tell you how many drops I saw left floating around by crews rushing, instead of taking their time to collect. People are literally throwing away their chances. 

But on the flip side it means that you will definitely notice the difference in your power levels as you gear up. Which means that you will definitely notice the progression you achieve.