Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Galatine Sword, Dual Ichor Or Miter?

lonelydrone

I only got 1 potato (alert one) :(

but anyways, what would be your choise and why?

much appreciated.

:D

NOTE: I know how all of them work, so no need to "galatine for charge and ichors for nomal attacks", also please to avoid to just say "ichors sucks", i'd like to know your reasons for putting a potato on this or that or why not to,  thank you.

Potato the Galatine because of the charge damage. I have not tried out the Ichor yet so I can't give any suggestions to that. Miter is not worth your time  since you need to learn how to bounce the blade and need add puncture mod to it if you want to hit multiple enemies.

+1 Galatine

I say Dual Ichor because of it's innate poison damage. That also depends on what your other melee weapons are and what factions you plan on facing with them. Galatine if you plan on doing a lot of Infested, Ichors for everything else. Haven't used Miter, so i'm not commenting on that.

It's really up to you and which one you like better for you own playstyle.

Ichour does incredible dps for a non charge weapon, and still allows you to slide-attack as a mobility buff.

Galatine does more dps but requires time to charge up (during which can be interrupted) and has a slow slide attack - but a large knockdown radius.

Miter is a 'for the lolz' situational weapon. Save the potato for something else.

Personally I prefer the Ichours over the Galatine (have used both, 30, potatoed) but I seem to be in the minority.

Potato the one you like best! :D

galatine, I can one-hit kill lv.90-100 (possibly till 130s if it red crtis) with galatine

just much more useful/good melee for high level enemies

it's also alot more range (attack/slam AoE) than d.ichors

and most importantly (for me) is that galatine has momentum and it knocks enemy down with its slam

p.d. miter isn't worth it, use it only for fun

haven't used miter or ichor. Just so you know.

But I just got my Galatine to lvl 30 WITHOUT a potato and it's already devastating, even with higher level enemies. If you know the shortcomings of this weapon, like it's slow charge speed, you can direct your modding towards this. It's base and charge damage, amplified by crit, is incredible. So IMHO putting a potato in this one is not a necessity and can wait, if you're potato-poor. At this point I'd choose the weapon which needs more modding then the base 30 points to be awesome. Then when there's a potato later, or you got more of them, you can then put one in the Galatine, for extra damage-insanity.

Also, on the Galatine, adding a fury mod is a good idea, but it doesn't really need to be leveled more then two times for it to be highly effective. Same with the reflex coil, doesn't need to be modded to the max for it to be effective enough. I suggest you think more along these lines as opposed to "oh, I lurve this weapon and am going to max all the mods". That might be a waste of energy at them moment, depending on what level you are and what planets you still have to clear..

I vote Galatine too.

With Reflex Coil, Focus Energy, Killing Blow and Rending Strike (Basically maxed boost of Charge Speed and Charge Damage),

Even ancients will die in 1 or 2 hits. 

Also if you can aim at the correct angle (the enemy should be standing somewhere in the 2 oclock direction), Charged Galatine actually hits twice, once from the start of the swing, and once from the end of the swing.

Also, it's huge swings hits multiple enemies in 1 swing.

Edited by SkyLagoon

The Ichors are my favorite melee. Along with the slingshot from the slide attack, it's fast and does pretty good damage (mixed with a crit build is my personal preference). If you get berserker, it makes this weapon even more amazing (It makes you slingshot way farther, also). They also look sick.

As you said you already know the technical pros/cons i'll skip right to the reason I prefer the Galantine, because I realy, realy like the looks. This over-the-top 'masters of the universe'/'conan' mash-up sword just fits the warframe setting so perfectly I just have to use it.

The Dual Ichors are nice, but they don't fit my frames as well (with the exception of Saryn).

Don't put a potato in the Miter unless you realy, realy enjoy firing sawblades, cause it's just not that good.

Actually, you really don't NEED a potato for the Galatine, unlike what everyone else says. 30 mod points is enough for a rank 4 Reflex Coil (3 points on polarity slot), maxed Killing Blow (11 points), maxed Rending Strike (9 points), and still have 7 more points to spend on something else. That's already a 50% reduction in charge time, 210% increase in charge damage (1200+ charge damage that ignores armor), and 60% AP, and whatever you want to put with the 7 more mod points. Any more than that and it's just overkill. It's not like its normal swings are even worth considering.

Miter is kinda a gimmick weapon. It does decent damage with charged blades, but it's pretty slow, and bad at managing crowds in a game where enemies tend to crowd you A LOT. I potatoed mine simply because shooting sawblades is kinda fun and i have some spare catalysts, but if you only have one i'd say it's not worth it.

Dual Ichor's best ability is allowing you to hold charge attacks. That's about it. Admittedly its damage is really kinda mediocre, especially since normal strikes don't seem to stagger anything. Again I supercharged mine because it's clantech and i don't throw clantech away, but it's probably not worth your single catalyst.

So, basically, I don't think any of the 3 you mentioned really needs or deserves a catalyst. You should probably just save it for later.

If you know how to use both the Galatine and Dual Ichors, it's the choice between much superior damage (dps) and range with Galatine and movement speed with Dual Ichors. Poison damage means nothing when Galatine's charge damage is Serrated Blade which also ignores armor (and deals triple damage to light infested).

Or go for lulz and potato Miter.

Actually, you really don't NEED a potato for the Galatine, unlike what everyone else says. 30 mod points is enough for a rank 4 Reflex Coil (3 points on polarity slot), maxed Killing Blow (11 points), maxed Rending Strike (9 points), and still have 7 more points to spend on something else. That's already a 50% reduction in charge time, 210% increase in charge damage (1200+ charge damage that ignores armor), and 60% AP, and whatever you want to put with the 7 more mod points. Any more than that and it's just overkill. It's not like its normal swings are even worth considering.

Miter is kinda a gimmick weapon. It does decent damage with charged blades, but it's pretty slow, and bad at managing crowds in a game where enemies tend to crowd you A LOT. I potatoed mine simply because shooting sawblades is kinda fun and i have some spare catalysts, but if you only have one i'd say it's not worth it.

Dual Ichor's best ability is allowing you to hold charge attacks. That's about it. Admittedly its damage is really kinda mediocre, especially since normal strikes don't seem to stagger anything. Again I supercharged mine because it's clantech and i don't throw clantech away, but it's probably not worth your single catalyst.

So, basically, I don't think any of the 3 you mentioned really needs or deserves a catalyst. You should probably just save it for later.

7 points for armore ignore mod

don't put it in anything

knowing DE wpn designer I can promise you that next updates before ps4 release will give you most power full weapons - I think one of them might be whip sword - and armor changes might make some weapons better than others as well

so just save it

Galatine bc of its higher level capabilities, and bc it is the best looking weapon in the game. Miter is fun tho now that is punctures. dual ichor i dunno but u can make it nice with crits and rending/sundering stacking i think.

So i'd say galatine.

Our advice needs to be balanced against what YOU like as well, which isn't an even balance. For me what i like is heavier but for aome phre effectiveness is heavier