Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Afk Campers Need To Go... _Now_

WeissKreuz

If kick option would be implemented people would just kick people that dont like or just kick in the end before extraction or something like that just to annoy other people, the safe option is an auto kick like some1 said.

I would totally like that.

If kick option would be implemented people would just kick people that dont like or just kick in the end before extraction or something like that just to annoy other people, the safe option is an auto kick like some1 said.

You're right. We would kick people we don't like. There are a million reasons I'd want to get rid of a pug before he gets the rest of my team killed.

If someone camps AFKly I just expertly arrange a wormhole to teleport them into a mass of enemies.

Problem solved.

If you're Vauban, use bounce, Loki, switch teleport.

Alternatively if I see someone AFK camping I sometimes feel inclined to force the mission to fail, wait for them to come back and when they get angry I laugh at them and say "Maybe you should have helped, eh?"

I am not a subtle man.

See this guy? This guy understands.

We need a kick option. Now. Day after day, I get pugs that run some where, and hide. Having the sentinal stop doing stuff after a minute is pointless. There are too many places to go where enemies never tread. It just makes my life harder. Please, for the love of god, let me kick these campers. It's ruining the experience.

Kick=Ultimate Troll weapons. We already get trolled in survival mode, we don't need to be trolled with getting kicked when we finally get the item we want.

What would the timer be? say 5 minutes?

Maybe. dunno. I mean sometimes is true that you have to go pick-up the phone or do something real life and 5 min is probably okay. I think that 5 min is the right choice.

Edited by Yottachi

Timer isn't important, what's important is what would trigger it? Would it be like with sentinel afk thing, which would mean if you sit on a box shooting rockets at critters you would get kicked.

If they are sitting on a box shooting people with rockets... then they are active campers, and that is a good thing...

You people realize you can macro your character to move around from time to time, even press "1" every minutes. You can't have an AFK timer control this.

To combat that, I'd have DE set up a vote system to 'mark' someone as AFK. Have the timer jump from a minute to ten seconds before the boot.

It'd be a serious pain in the &#! to set up a macro that'll recognize that is happening,

To combat that, I'd have DE set up a vote system to 'mark' someone as AFK. Have the timer jump from a minute to ten seconds before the boot.

It'd be a serious pain in the &#! to set up a macro that'll recognize that is happening,

That's... not a bad idea. What if you could vote to make them have to solve a simple crypto or something? I can see it now...

Edited by WeissKreuz

The next question will be  are people going to abuse this voting system. We might get some people that is going to get kicked because they don't like him or something. Or some people could be A******s and kick someone right before the mission is about to end. Some people are just haters where they find reasons to kick you (ex: what this guy is using a nova. kick him for being noob!) 

Those are the problems i see with a voting system.

We need a kick option. Now. Day after day, I get pugs that run some where, and hide. Having the sentinal stop doing stuff after a minute is pointless. There are too many places to go where enemies never tread. It just makes my life harder. Please, for the love of god, let me kick these campers. It's ruining the experience.

Here is a detalied voting suggestion -> https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/109978-ready-to-use-suggestion-voting-system/

So basically if I do a boss run and get a BP I could ask people to vote kick me or "force" the issue and then I get to keep everything I got for less effort than people who trek to the end.

No you don't. You will be host-migrated to solo mode and have to run to exit alone. Simlpe solution.

Very big no. Autokicking system always fail in every game I played. They always kicked players that weren't afk and these who wanted to go afk always used macros.

Sometime I camp enemies for 20 seconds before firing Lanka for example. I also often play with friends and I'm ok with them going afk. So no, auto-kicking system is a huge failure.

So simple. They just need to do what Bioware did in the ME3 Multi. Add a 2mins idle kick. 

Problem solved

What if my phone rings? What if I need to go to toilet? What if I have stomach flu and I need to go throw up or have diarrhea? What if doorbell rings and it's salesman or something? What if I'm playing with friends and they don't mind if I AFK?