Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Afk Campers Need To Go... _Now_

WeissKreuz

How about we come at this a different way and maybe even solve 2 problems with one solution.  If DE could add in a option after a game starts to start a seperate game before the objective has been reached or killed so players can either get away from a AFK person without losin anymore progress or if the original host is really laggy.  When you do this you choose to leave all the other players and start your own game, whether or not you get to keep mods and stuff collected up to that point is up to DE.  Other new players can join you and you could still invite.  This will not stop AFK players from joining your new game but at least you have the option to escape from them.

Friendly fire would be ok, as long as there is a 80% damage reduction vs friendly fire so we don't die 1 shot. Now that I think about 90% dmg reduction might be better.

I dunno if it'd really matter how you reduced it. You'd still get more accidents/trolling then its worth. If someone really wanted to go out of their way to friendly fire you down there are plenty of weapons with so much damage it'd still be fairly simple - not to mention the fact that it'd make some situations, like firing an Ogris into an Infested huddle to save a pinned teammate, purely a negative thing. Even if it saves them and they take only a small amount of damage players respond extremely negatively to Friendly Fire damage by default.

Friendly fire would be ok, as long as there is a 80% damage reduction vs friendly fire so we don't die 1 shot. Now that I think about 90% dmg reduction might be better.

Once shot a Nova with a Soma and blood spewed from her. There is a certain degree of friendly fire, they just can't die from it.

I think that is simple 5 min afk and auto kick from the match and that match not saved so not abort or failed and almost is similar with not begin any match. This is more humanic than wormhole and push peoples into the darkness.

A 5 min timer into a Vote Kick would work. That way its double gated by both time and player discretion. You can also use other kinds of 'automated' movement detection patterns (such as people running in circles with rubber-banded controls or input scripting).

IMO a 2 or 3 minute time with going to an option to Vote Kick would be better.

Now what if warframe had friendly fire.

our bullets cant penetrate our comrades but our entire warframes can?

i would love the inclusion on friendly fire, then people would get out of the way when someone is using a bullet hose

a -50% to exp/losing all of your obtained mats or mods would be nice penalty for the act of killing another tenno

plus i feel that it will promote more teamwork (maybe trolling as well but i digress) because you'd need to coordinate with your team better

Edited by Guest

We need a kick option. Now. Day after day, I get pugs that run some where, and hide. Having the sentinal stop doing stuff after a minute is pointless. There are too many places to go where enemies never tread. It just makes my life harder. Please, for the love of god, let me kick these campers. It's ruining the experience.

I'd use the option to kick rushers, so thanks!

I'd use the option to kick rushers, so thanks!

Yo, I remember you. You're that guy that died on Merrow, Sedna, got left behind, revived, and then couldn't reach the Extraction point when all three of us were already at the end. And then you called us names in the chat because you were mad, just before you left the game.

Hahah, dude, you wouldn't have been able to kick anybody-- it was 3 people farming Merrow, and nobody wanted to wait on you while you sat there twiddling your thumbs. 1 person can't kick 3 people.

Yo, I remember you. You're that guy that died on Merrow, Sedna, got left behind, revived, and then couldn't reach the Extraction point when all three of us were already at the end. And then you called us names in the chat because you were mad, just before you left the game.

Hahah, dude, you wouldn't have been able to kick anybody-- it was 3 people farming Merrow, and nobody wanted to wait on you while you sat there twiddling your thumbs. 1 person can't kick 3 people.

Yo I remember you, you are that guy that died in every mission and kept crying when no one would res you after the 10th time. Acting like a child on the forums isn't going to get you any respect. you'll have to learn to play or expect to get kicked every game. 

Yo I remember you, you are that guy that died in every mission and kept crying when no one would res you after the 10th time. Acting like a child on the forums isn't going to get you any respect. you'll have to learn to play or expect to get kicked every game. 

Oh, that's cool, I tell the truth and you lie. I see what you're doing there, very coy. ; )

Fact still remains, it was just you in a room of three people, and you had PLENTY of time to reach the end. That's the whole point of there being a timer on the Extraction Point, so a whole team isn't waiting around for one dude. You wouldn't have been able to kick anybody, your point falls pretty flat.

Oh, that's cool, I tell the truth and you lie. I see what you're doing there, very coy. ; )

Fact still remains, it was just you in a room of three people, and you had PLENTY of time to reach the end. That's the whole point of there being a timer on the Extraction Point, so a whole team isn't waiting around for one dude. You wouldn't have been able to kick anybody, your point falls pretty flat.

Oh that's cool I tell them the truth and you lie. I see what you are doing there, very coy

fact still remains you died because you lack the skills and gear to play with the big boys.  thats the point of having a health and shield pool, you actually need to pay attention to what you are doing.  

So the whole team isn't going to waste time rezing you over and over.  You would have been kicked had we had the option to, you point falls flat. 

Oh that's cool I tell them the truth and you lie. I see what you are doing there, very coy

fact still remains you died because you lack the skills and gear to play with the big boys.  thats the point of having a health and shield pool, you actually need to pay attention to what you are doing.  

So the whole team isn't going to waste time rezing you over and over.  You would have been kicked had we had the option to, you point falls flat. 

I think you two lovebirds should handle this in PM's or something.

Naw, I'm done. If his responses are seriously just to mimic what I'm saying, I'm just gonna' ignore him before he starts wiggling his finger in my face and chanting "I'm not touching you, I'm not touching you~".. Until Big Mama turns the car around and puts him in timeout for annoying his older brother.

Kicking can be abused in warframe.

But to avoid that, kick should simply move you to the solo mode where you can continue or get killed if you afk.

It would have to be vote based - 3 out of 4 (but becomes a problem if you have 2vs2 or 2 afk-s).

A kind of a "review" system should be in place to combat abusers and  forum spam.

Like a player made "court" where submitted cases are revieved for abuse or not (like LoL has).
An the kicked player can choose  to submit or not after he gets kicked.

Also if a person is found to initiate kick vote and succeed way too often in a given time periode, he would lose access to it for xx time.

graham_chapman_stop_that_silly1285308054

Seriously. Take your pathetic, epeen rants some where else. Dragging your crap in here is ironic proof that we really need some kind of magical shield to protect us from the unwashed masses. It's the internet. People are people. I just want a little protection, a fast acting anti-biotic. To purge the troll from my evening.