Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mod suggestions

Vespilan

Instead of being dissatisfied with mods introduced by updates, why not just suggest our own mods /arcanes? Given the usefulness, most of these should be hard to obtain though.

Warframe
R10) Limitless Breath: +660% health. Unable to gain any form of shields.
(R10) Strategic Shield: +440% Shield capacity. Grants immunity to status effects for 20s every 40s on proc. -80% health.
(R5) Energy Redirect: Uses health at 2x rate for abilities when out of energy. -50% energy max.
(R5) (Exilus) Pure Focus: +75% casting speed for abilities. -25% movement speed.
(R5) (Aura) Overload Reconfig: 50% of overshields granted are converted into energy at a 0.2x rate.
(R5) (Exilus) Charmer: Collects items within 12m. 
(R5) (Aura) Squad Leader: Excess energy and health received is redirected to teammates within affinity radius at 0.5x rate.

Primary
- Assault RIfle

(R5) Capitalized Torment: +80% weapon damage per status effect on the target.
(R5) Assault Expert: +40% fire rate (x2 for bows). +20% reload speed. 
        Note: Similar mods should be introduced for other primary and secondary types with according values.

- Bows
(R5) (Exilus) Expertise: Changes trigger to semi-auto, always firing a fully charged shot. -50% fire rate (after mods).

- Launcher
(R5) Grand Mayhem: +50% blast radius. -20% weapon damage.
(R5) Havok Rule: Killing 3 enemies with one shot adds a stack of havok. Each stack grants +12% reload- and fire speed aswell as +20% damage for 5s. Adding stacks refreshes duration.

Melee:
(R5) Combo Master: +16s Combo Duration. No heavy attacks

I might update this later with more ideas.

Edited by Vespilan
  • Like 2

<>

Mods I don't like

11 hours ago, Vespilan said:

R10) Limitless Breath: +660% health. Unable to gain any form of shields.

When you say unable to gain any form of shield are you referring to increasing with mods or straight up removing base shields from a frame (just curious). Either way it seems like power creep and I'm not referring to frames like Inaros as you pointed out having more ehp != usefulness, adding to how tank frames such as Saryn are kind of is. It feels like another shiny set of keys to jingle in front of our faces. Not only is it not necessary it pushes frames such as Saryn even further ahead of others.

(R5) Combo Master: +16s Combo Duration. No heavy attacks

Doesn't seem necessary since we have body count with only a +4s difference

(R5) (Aura) Overload Reconfig: 50% of overshields granted are converted into energy at a 0.2x rate.

I can see this being useful on frames that provide overshield like Mag but like Brief Respite (Aura, overshield on energy use) it seems like it will be forgotten over time and thrown to the side. Totally a viable replacement for energy siphon but you don't see that mod very often anyways.

(R5) (Exilus) Expertise: Changes trigger to semi-auto, always firing a fully charged shot. -50% fire rate (after mods).

I have nothing against fun mods like this but practically it's as useful as thunderbolt. I'm assuming when you say fire rate you are referring to draw speed as that stat was dropped a while ago. So based on how you described it weapons like the Daikyu with a 1.0 second delay between shots will have a 0.67 fire rate unmodded.

(R5) Capitalized Torment: +80% weapon damage per status effect on the target.

Power creep, I don't think we need a Condition Overload for primaries for now! That really depends on what's in hold for the future.

Mods I Like :

(R5) Assault Expert: +40% fire rate (x2 for bows). +20% reload speed. 

Straight up useful

(R5) (Exilus) Pure Focus: +75% casting speed for abilities. -25% movement speed.

Maybe reduce the numbers. -25% is severe no matter how you look at it. 1.0 going to .75 while the slowest frames are at 9.0. Endurance camping runs it could be useful so still really great. Maybe +25 casting (can stack with other mods) and -15% movement?

R10) Strategic Shield: +440% Shield capacity. Grants immunity to status effects for 20s every 40s on proc. -80% health.

Again the negative seems a bit too severe. Granted I have no idea how that negative would work. Does it work like health mods only subtraction 80% form vitality or leave 20% after modding. Over all the benefit is awesome with some number tweaking

(R5) Energy Redirect: Uses health at 2x rate for abilities when out of energy. -50% energy max.

No idea how this would work but I don't hate it? Seems like it requires high efficiency and health to fully take advantage of it. Also would it do lethal damage similar to combat discipline?

<>

It's a great conversation to have and great ideas! I'm just one person though I'm sure people would love the ideas I don't just giving you my thoughts. Keep adding to it 👍

Edited by Be_Stupid
  • Like 1

vor einer Stunde schrieb Be_Stupid:

When you say unable to gain any form of shield are you referring to increasing with mods or straight up removing base shields from a frame (just curious).

(Limitless Breath) ANY form of shields. Complete removal of shields, including base shields and inability to generate overshields by any means. 
The intend with alot of these mods was to bring back the feeling I had with the old Warframe modding system where you could use mods and even profit from the downside or, as is the case for trinity even today, use them exclusively for their downside.
When designing Limitless Breath I had Hunter Adrenaline /Rage in mind. Since the two only regenerate energy on health loss, not shield loss, Limitless Breath's downside would greatly increase the potential of those two mods, if you have the ingenuity to use them together.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Be_Stupid:

it seems like it will be forgotten over time

(Overshield Reconfig) Mag, Harrow and Hildryn can all continiously generate overshields, for them Overshield Reconfig would be an insane boost to support. And we all know players can barely afford to toss any "passive" energy regen aside.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Be_Stupid:

Doesn't seem necessary

(Combo Master) Same as with Limitless Breath, the idea was to have the downside even somewhat capitalizable on. Disabling heavy attacks completely removes the potential of your combo to just completely break and your counter reset as per accident (as happens alot now, pls fix DE) or human error. Also +4 seconds can mean alot more than it might look like on paper.

this but practically it's as useful as thunderbolt.

(Expertise, Exilus) Keep in mind this mod is designed for an exilus slot. I realize it is not thaaat useful. The main purpose is to allow the player to fire their bow at full efficiency from their hip as the chargup mechanic can get pretty annoying pretty fast.

leave 20%

(Strategic Shield) Yes, it would leave 20%. If you ever played Hildryn for a bit you will release that she is a war mashine, the literal definition of tank, undestroyable as long as you know how to handle her. That is up until the point some grineer nox with their toxin procs somes around, bypassing shields and completely obliterating Hildryn. This mod was designed for these situations. 

Also would it do lethal damage similar to combat discipline?

(Energy Redirect) Yes it would deal lethal damage. Frames with great healthpools and constant need for energy such as Excalibur Umbra would greatly benefit from this. You could argue that it is a bit OP when paired with Magus Repair or other health regen ssources but keep in mind that this is your health pool - not your by most enemies untouchable energy pool. Be careless and you'll get tipped over. Risk for reward.

Thank you for your constructive feedback!

• Like 1

vor 57 Minuten schrieb Murk119:

+100% slam damage and +2m slam radius per combo stack consumed (I'd first thought of +100% radius, but that'd cover hundreds of meters). Could be a dash, nine points, "Earthshaking Strength".

The problem I see in this is that it does not encourage either the combo-build melee style nor the heavy-attack-spam melee style the new melee rework has developed (assumg the ground slam would be a heavy-attack ground slam since this is where combo stacks get spent). There are heavy attack efficiency mods, yes, but they, in turn would leave little room for combo-öbuilding mods and not to mention damage mods. 
This mod would have you waste a high multiplier to, admittiedly, absolutely destroy a good crowd of enemies (imagine the scaling on a 40% cc Fragor Prime +Sacrificial Steel +Bloodrush and the +1200% damage on full combo meter), but they will just flood back in, making it more consistant if you had just kept your high combo counter with a range mod.

The idea of building on ground slams and particularly ground slam range is veeeery interesting though. In this horde-shooter we can use any form of AoE we can get

3 hours ago, Vespilan said:

Mag, Harrow and Hildryn can all continiously generate overshields, for them Overshield Reconfig would be an insane boost to support. And we all know players can barely afford to toss any "passive" energy regen aside.

(Overshield Reconfig) All excellent examples I completely forgot about 🤦‍♂️

Disabling heavy attacks completely removes the potential of your combo to just completely break and your counter reset as per accident

(Combo Master) I can 100% relate to that and hadn't considered it

(Strategic Shield) Yes, it would leave 20%. If you ever played Hildryn for a bit you will release that she is a war mashine, the literal definition of tank, undestroyable as long as you know how to handle her. That is up until the point some grineer nox with their toxin procs somes around, bypassing shields and completely obliterating Hildryn. This mod was designed for these situations. 

I can see where you're going with that but with Hildryn, having only 20% of her health during the 40 seconds cool down seems a bit risky. A slash or toxin proc would likely one tick her against mid level enemies (45 health unmodded). Love the positive but the negative still seems a bit severe unless I'm missing something.

Yes it would deal lethal damage.

(Energy Redirection) Again love the mod and thanks for the explanation.