Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question about Zaw Name

Fancy_Dan

Question

So, I’ve got some Irish in me, and I wanted to make a polearm-type Zaw and name it like “Gae Cetus” or “Gae Tenno” or something, as a nod to Cú Chulainn’s mythical “Gae Bolg”... But I’m wondering if “Gae” would be autofiltered for being homophobic? 

• Like 1

4 answers to this question

Good question. I've got a Kronsh/Kroostra I called, "Shillelagh."

Honestly, it might.. because memes. Hell, there are names of things In Game that get flagged. (I forget which). But I think it's safe enough to attempt it.
If they don't have a tight reign on those things, then people inevitably go, "Yay! I can meme spam this as inuendo all day, or use my weapon link to call people names, lol What fun!"

Hopefully it works. If it does get flagged, let me know, It's good to know what kinds of things trip the filter.

• Like 1

All I can say is I hope it works out for you. If I can't have a zaw called "Coolmathgames.com" or "Hentai machine" then I only hope you can get yours to not be weird. At least you won't get punished for trying, it will only result in an error message.

On 2020-01-16 at 6:38 PM, Fancy_Dan said:

Irish in me,

On 2020-01-16 at 6:38 PM, Fancy_Dan said:

“Gae Cetus” or “Gae Tenno” or something, as a nod to Cú Chulainn’s mythical “Gae Bolg”

The only thing I can hope for is that if it does work out you don't run into people that would report you.

If it works I suggest you'd just explain the name to everyone whom asks about it, they can't report you for harassment in chat if you've clearly explained the name behind it. But of course there could be people arguing that you named it only to harass and the backstory is just a cover-up...

I'm digging too far into this, I say go for it! If the game doesn't flag it it should be fine.