Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Co-op vs Player 4v1 Pvp

(PSN)mahoshonenfox

A while back, Tactical Potato covered a game called Breach.

I was thinking, maybe this kind of pvp experience is suited for Warframe. Its 4v1 but the players can't directly harm each other. Four players play a squad while another player is like an invader that can take control of mobs, tile set traps, etc.

For Warframe, we can have a squad of 4 frames that choose to do a "Conclave Mission". Its opt-out so people that don't want to get invaded, can choose not to. "Conclave Missions" have the same objective as star chart missions like exterminate, mobile defense, etc but a fifth player can join in as a "Void Stalker" in the form of their Operator.

The squad's objective is to complete the mission. The Void Stalker's objective is to make sure the squad does not complete the mission. The player controlling the Void Stalker can use Transference to posses and directly control the regular mobs of the tile set. Among other things, the Void Stalker can use void powers (maybe connected to the focus schools) to buff enemy mobs or debuff the player squad. They can also use their void powers to create tile set hazards like radiation pockets or magnetic anomalies. Maybe even lock doors temporarily.

I dunno the lore for this. Maybe the Void Stalker is an operator possessed by "The Man in the Wall."

I dunno what the rewards are. I was thinking it might just be fun. People like to troll with frames like with Limbo or Loki switch teleporting people or Nova worm holing people so I thought why not make trolling an actual game mode. It also adds a layer of difficulty to the enemy mobs because instead of fighting dumb AI, you'll now be fighting an Eximus Heavy Gunner or Juggernaut that's controlled by a person.

10 minutes ago, Genitive said:

I don't know why it would work for Warframe if it didn't even work for Breach. Evolve also had this asymmetrical pvp and is also dead, currently it peaks at whopping 28 players on Steam.

Eh? I dunno. People complain the game's repetitive. Why wouldn't it be? You're just fighting AI controlled mobs over and over again on tile sets that are predictable. But if someone was controlling those mobs, it'll get unpredictable. Regular enemies won't blindly run into your CC ability anymore. If you stray from your team, you could get picked off by the invader. Plus people have been asking to have harder enemies but not numerically like buffing damage or turning them into bullet sponges.