Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

CANT SEND OR RECEIVE INVITES

(NSW)Hosauce

ever scince the update i can no longer send or get invites, i can join public matches, my friend list is empty but i can see everyone on my clan chat but they tell me it says im offline.  Ive forwarded ports, changed NAT from B to A, but everything works normal on my friends hotspot and wifi at work but not at home, called cable company and they sent hits and assured me it was nothing on thier end, ive logged into my router and reset it and nothing works, need some help here

• Like 1

ever scince the update i can no longer send or get invites, i can join public matches, my friend list is empty but i can see everyone on my clan chat but they tell me it says im offline.  Ive forwarded ports, changed NAT from B to A, but everything works normal on my friends hotspot and wifi at work but not at home, called cable company and they sent hits and assured me it was nothing on thier end, ive logged into my router and reset it and nothing works, need some help here

Edited by (NSW)Hosauce

10 hours ago, (NSW)KvotheKingKiller said:

Yep. Exact same problem. We aren't alone in this. Trust me. If u want to see my rant about it, just look for the post with my name on it. It pretty much mirrors yours exactly.

so are they doing anything about it? Ive sent two tickets in but thier support is garbage and ive done everything i can think of on my end

Yes, and I actually got a response back last night FINALLY! Two things to answer your question:

1. I was literally just informed that there is an inbound hotfix right now by a clanmate who is currently on. Dunno what, if anything it will fix, but thought I'd mention it.

2. I was able to actually get mine working! Here is the response I received from DE, and after doing this, I can confirm it worked successfully for me. Now, I still think they need to fix it, but this SHOULD work for anyone currently experiencing this issue. Here is the post:

Hi KvotheKingKiller,

I'm very sorry for the delay in responding to your ticket request. We are experiencing a temporary backlog in tickets right now.

Can you please try changing the DNS settings of your console by following the steps below:

1. From the home screen go System Settings
  2. Select Internet, then Internet Settings
  3. Press A on network you are connected to and select Change Settings
  4. Select DNS Settings and choose Manual. Two options will appear under, set them to the following.

Primary: 8.8.8.8
    Secondary: 8.8.4.4

• If this does not work, please try 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1(IPv4) instead for testing purposes.

Note: If these show as 008.008.008.008 and 008.008.004.004, you have changed the setting correctly

1. Select Save

If the problem persists, please let us know.

PLEASE share this with anyone you know whom is experiencing this same bug. We all need to help one another out on this one.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, (NSW)KvotheKingKiller said:

Yes, and I actually got a response back last night FINALLY! Two things to answer your question:

1. I was literally just informed that there is an inbound hotfix right now by a clanmate who is currently on. Dunno what, if anything it will fix, but thought I'd mention it.

2. I was able to actually get mine working! Here is the response I received from DE, and after doing this, I can confirm it worked successfully for me. Now, I still think they need to fix it, but this SHOULD work for anyone currently experiencing this issue. Here is the post:

Hi KvotheKingKiller,

I'm very sorry for the delay in responding to your ticket request. We are experiencing a temporary backlog in tickets right now.

Can you please try changing the DNS settings of your console by following the steps below:

2. Select Internet, then Internet Settings
  3. Press A on network you are connected to and select Change Settings
  4. Select DNS Settings and choose Manual. Two options will appear under, set them to the following.

Primary: 8.8.8.8
    Secondary: 8.8.4.4

• If this does not work, please try 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1(IPv4) instead for testing purposes.

Note: If these show as 008.008.008.008 and 008.008.004.004, you have changed the setting correctly

1. Select Save

If the problem persists, please let us know.

PLEASE share this with anyone you know whom is experiencing this same bug. We all need to help one another out on this 

Edited by (NSW)Hosauce

• 3 weeks later...

yo I get a DE feddback and it helped me ! Here is what they said ( the part that do help me was to suppress data save on my switch ) 

Hi Darkpignouf,

Thank you for contacting us.

We'll start by power cycling your modem, router, and console. First, hold the power button of the Switch until you see Power Options, then select Turn Off. For your modem/router, turn off the device, unplug it and wait for about 2 minutes. After, 2 minutes plug it back in.

Next, we'll verify the integrity of the downloaded game files.
To do this:

1. From the Nintendo Switch Home Screen, open System Settings.
  2. Scroll down on the left menu and select Data Management, and choose Manage Software.
  3. From the list of software, choose Warframe.
  4. Scroll down the option and select Check for Corrupt Data.
  5. If any corrupted data was found by the system, please follow the instructions on the screen and Redownload the software.

Finally, please clear your console's game cache for Warframe:

2. Select Data Management, then Manage Save Data / Screenshots and Videos
  3. Select Delete Save Data then Warframe
  4. Finally, select Delete All Save Data for this Software

Note: This will delete your key bindings and all the other in-game settings but not any game progress.

Please let us know if it helps or if you need further assistance.

On 2020-02-12 at 1:55 AM, (NSW)Darkpignouf said:

yo I get a DE feddback and it helped me ! Here is what they said ( the part that do help me was to suppress data save on my switch ) 

Hi Darkpignouf,

Thank you for contacting us.

We'll start by power cycling your modem, router, and console. First, hold the power button of the Switch until you see Power Options, then select Turn Off. For your modem/router, turn off the device, unplug it and wait for about 2 minutes. After, 2 minutes plug it back in.

Next, we'll verify the integrity of the downloaded game files.
To do this:

1. From the Nintendo Switch Home Screen, open System Settings.
  2. Scroll down on the left menu and select Data Management, and choose Manage Software.
  3. From the list of software, choose Warframe.
  4. Scroll down the option and select Check for Corrupt Data.
  5. If any corrupted data was found by the system, please follow the instructions on the screen and Redownload the software.

Finally, please clear your console's game cache for Warframe:

2. Select Data Management, then Manage Save Data / Screenshots and Videos
  3. Select Delete Save Data then Warframe
  4. Finally, select Delete All Save Data for this Software

Note: This will delete your key bindings and all the other in-game settings but not any game progress.

Please let us know if it helps or if you need further assistance.

It’s kinda scary to delete save data. Does archiving data then reinstalling also work?

UPDATE

it did not help at all. I’ve tried all of the solutions that were shown in this thread. 😭

Edited by (NSW)1kSakura

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi folks, I seen to have fixed the issue by redownloadingf my Warframe install. I know one of the steps up there asked for you to check for corrupted files and to follow instructions.

-DELETED overly optimistic sutff=

Update-  It worked for ONE session. Then it broke again. I suspended my Switch to see if it fixed another squadding up bug after a boot from sleep mode, but when i returned, i noticed the issue wasn't solved. A fresh reboot returned all my problems.

Install back up to 19.2GB, can't see anyone online on the communicaiton panels and invites are broken agian.

FIX THIS DE!

Edited by (NSW)Dekusuta

if you live in an apartment complex or area where there are multiple networks off of the same outbound IP the servers are thinking its multiple connections from the same console they had me do a port forward and this did not fix my issue so the bulk of the issue is on there end with a bug in programming. if you want you can look at my comment on another post in update just broke my game" or something like that...

Yeah my 'fix' didn't work,  That said,  i do something luck into a session where friendlist/invites work and things are fine.   It works 3 times out of 10 or so boots in the past day, it's very inconsistent and seems to happen randomly then it gets broken again.

I've also noticed even on a fresh load  I should in theory be able to join groups fine,  but i noticed that I will still sit on a node with multiple open squads unable to join before it kicks me into the my own session.

I can hit pause and eventually some others will join, but there's something not right with the matchmaking.  Groups are harder to find, I can't join inprogress squads on busy nodes and end up making my own, and people can't even see each other anymore

Edit: yes I do live in an apartment and connect my switch via Wifi.  I saw your post about trying all the network stuff and how it didnt work, so i didn't try it. I did try a fresh install and a full power cycle of my modem. Both times the invites/friend/clan lists worked , ONCE. A reboot to menu and back into warframe breaks it again.

Edited by (NSW)Dekusuta

@(NSW)Rick_Saissore

I noticed ipv6 is turned on under my chat options, i go turn it off, exit gane, come back and it's on again. Is that a potential problem?

I checked via ipv6 test and my modem doesn't support it, though it says my ISP does and it appears only certain newer modems use it .

I'm 80% sure the experimental ipv6 setting was turned off previously but since deleting my save data was part of my troubleshooting process, I can't confirm this anymore , Besides the game keeps turning it on!

That said the app keeps forcing ipv6 on in Warframe even after I turn it off and bit save. I wonder if this is the issue??

Edited by (NSW)Dekusuta

• 1 month later...
On 2020-03-10 at 8:12 AM, (NSW)Dekusuta said:

@(NSW)Rick_Saissore

I noticed ipv6 is turned on under my chat options, i go turn it off, exit gane, come back and it's on again. Is that a potential problem?

I checked via ipv6 test and my modem doesn't support it, though it says my ISP does and it appears only certain newer modems use it .

I'm 80% sure the experimental ipv6 setting was turned off previously but since deleting my save data was part of my troubleshooting process, I can't confirm this anymore , Besides the game keeps turning it on!

That said the app keeps forcing ipv6 on in Warframe even after I turn it off and bit save. I wonder if this is the issue??

Having the same issue with IPv6 being turned on after turning it off in the previous session.  Update: I'm trying to make a habit of turning IPv6 off every time I start playing and I'm starting to think that it's a common cause of the Switch matchmaking bugs.

Edited by (NSW)J-zyme

Nothing on this has fixed my problems from what I've seen really upset because a big reason why I got this game was to play with my friends I've tried restarting my game I dont live in a apartment changed DNS settings deleted warframe resigned in that didnt work so I hoped to find someone who can help on here please! I really like this game but have been solo for months

• 1 year later...