Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Short timer in newer sortie rescues

gluih

When a rescue mission is part of sorties, the timer you have until your target dies starts right when you open the door to the tile with the cells. In the older tile sets this timer is pretty generous, at least for an experienced player. Specifically in the kuva fortress and lua rescue missions however, it usually gets pretty close when I do them. It seems like the timer was made for the older tiles and not adjusted for the newer tiles, where it usually takes longer to open all the doors.
In the kuva fortress this might be partially, because I never got to know the tile, that well. On lua however, the turrets in the room and potentially having to hack 4 times + find out if you opened the correct portal mean, that most frames aren't good to do this reliably. In the new gas city tile, I never had a problem with this, although the effect might still be there.

Regular missions might actually have the same issue, but it's not as noticeable, because the timer only starts once you are detected.

11 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Pro tip: Don't set off alarms and your rescue target can live forever

At least learn how rescue works in sorties before saying something that makes you look clueless. 

Back to the OP though, With Lua rescue, just have your sound up. You don't have to jump in and out of each portal. When you hack the correct console the target yells out.

Kuva rescue can be slightly rough with the maze, but it is a matter of learning the tileset to make it easy like the older rescue missions.

6 minutes ago, --Brandt-- said:

At least learn how rescue works in sorties before saying something that makes you look clueless. 

Back to the OP though, With Lua rescue, just have your sound up. You don't have to jump in and out of each portal. When you hack the correct console the target yells out.

Kuva rescue can be slightly rough with the maze, but it is a matter of learning the tileset to make it easy like the older rescue missions.

Huh, never had problems with alarms when I play.

Or is it that you hate my pro tip and will keep setting off alarms like a newb on purpose to try to 'stick it to me'?

Whatever, man. Your failed mission, not mine

3 minutes ago, --Brandt-- said:

I know, that you can hear your target on lua. It's a bit annoying, because I then have to turn off my podcast or music, but not a big deal. It can still be very tight, especially, when you don't have a stealth frame and the turrets become a problem.

As I mentioned, I could probably learn the kuva tile a bit better, just haven't bothered with it.

8 minutes ago, Asphyxxia said:

@gluih Liset's air support stops all alarms and freezes timers like that for 10 seconds, works in Sorties too. Consider using it, does wonders in a clutch.

I didn't think of that one. I'm usually fine, so I'm probably not going to use it for cosmetic reasons.

This is not me saying, that the timer is too short. I just wanted to point out the difference between the older and the newer tile sets. Being able to approach those missions a bit more relaxed would be nice, but I'm fine just taking loki for those missions.

1 minute ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Or is it that you hate my pro tip and will keep setting off alarms like a newb on purpose to try to 'stick it to me'?

More along the lines of the alarm that starts the execution timer happens the second you open the door in sorties. 

Although in regular rescues it's easy to not set the alarm off. In sorties, you can't prevent it. 

Just now, --Brandt-- said:

More along the lines of the alarm that starts the execution timer happens the second you open the door in sorties. 

Although in regular rescues it's easy to not set the alarm off. In sorties, you can't prevent it. 

Nope.

But then again, I use the real entrances, you know..the sneaki-beaki ones

7 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

No, you are either trolling or you have no idea what you are talking about and should follow the other's suggestions.

11 hours ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Nope.

But then again, I use the real entrances, you know..the sneaki-beaki ones

There are no other entrances TO rescue tiles, sure there are shortcuts and hidden passageways IN the rescue tiles themselves. Entrance to a rescue tile is always behind a friendship door. Unless you glitch your way in there's no way to avoid execution timer going off in Sorties. S O R T I E S

11 hours ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Alright, tried to help. Have fun

Not sure if you're a troll or just misinformed.

That retard probably trolling because his use on Loki, or that's a * dirt head sh*t brain. 

Lua rescue does hard though. But at least people need to get informed with the * breaking cell * part, and I suspicious that one day when de-velopers change the rescue system, it will screw up Lua rescue