Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we please talk about UI rework?

BloodRavenCap

I understand that new UI screens are THE hot topic right now and I might be a little late to the discussion already, but aside from the things everyone talked about in the dev workshop thread, like a lot of information hidden under the mouseovers, I think there is a lot more things that should be addresed.

MODDING AND ABILITIES SCREEN

I think everyone already talked about this, but I'll just tell what I think: yeah, the old abilities screen was a lot better. We've got some compensation in the abilities on the modding screen, but the thing is, you still have to fly the mouse over all the abilities to check out how one mod affected all the abilities - and I think we should see the changes immediately. Like a little table that shows all the abilities right there, on the modding screen itself. And when you put a mod that changes the stats, you can see everything right from the get-go.

ARSENAL, INVENTORY

Right now it's a great pain in the butt when you literally can't just see what weapons in your arsenal have a potato.

Also, it would be great if we could just access inventory with one button, because it really gets old when you can't just sell trash blueprints from the foundry or mastered weapons from the arsenal. Or just give us the ability to sell stuff from the foundry and arsenal. And why can't we see how much slots do we have in the arsenal itself? That's just too much, man.

MASTERY RANK TEST

Pablo already talked about this in the dev workshop post, but I think it should be addresed more obviously: when game proposes us to take a test for the mastery rank, it would be great if just under it we had a clickable link to the training mode, so we could just practice the test, until we feel confident enough to try and pass it. And it should be a really big button. Also, it's really, really annoying that we have fail-states in the practice modes. Mastery rank test, where I had to rescue a hostage and kill a lot of guards with just melee just made me tear out my hair in frustration. Figuratively, of course, but still. Why just not make the practice mode infinite, but if the player passes the test, you just show a prompt, if the player wants to leave practice? It would a lot more practical. Just look at Hotline Miami. You're killed dozens of times, but all it takes to reset you is just one press of a button. No awful loading times and screens.

SIMULACRUM

I don't actually use it at all, but I've seen from the videos that there is still no dedicated button just to reset all enemies, so everyone has to waste time to go back to the console and reset them manually. And yeah, it's already year 2020, and we still can't test the modular weapons. Why? I can't just decide if I want this combination from the sheer number, I need to feel it! Please, DE, allow us to build kitguns, zaws and amps in Simulacrum to test them out, I beg you.

As we talk about combinations, we don't have a market mode, where we can just try out everything we want. It could be tied to Simulacrum, actually, and really would improve a lot of things - for example, I want to try out different combinations of cosmetics, but I have to buy everything separately and I don't know if it will look good.

MARKET, CODEX, LEVERIAN

Back to Market: for some reason, Leverian is buried there. Wouldn't it be a lot better if he was situated in the Codex? When I was a newbie, I actually read every article there was to understand what to do in the game. And yeah, why we still have this annoying ???? in the Codex for mods? I want to know what every mod does and I will - I'll just have to link it in the chat, and yeah, it will waste my time, so why do we still have it? It does absolutely nothing? And it would be really, really good if you could select the mod and then click on the names of the enemies and modes below, just to check out where should we farm this mod. And drop chance with actual numbers instead of just color - I mean, "Bite" drops from Kubrow really rarely, but I have to go to the Wiki just to realize it's 0,01% drop chance. I need those numbers to realize, should I invest in the grind or not. Also, to have some system to sort mods out would be great - for example, I don't want to see the augments at all, because I just to want to check out mods that are only farmable from the enemies. And can we have the separation of enemies in the Codex? Keep usual ones and the ones from Railjack separate.

FOUNDRY

Talking about clickable, this shoud apply to the foundry to. Sometimes you don't even know where resources that we need come from - and it would be really great if we could click on them and get the information, where or from whom they drop. Like, just this week, I was building Gauss, two of his parts require materials from the Venus, but the third one needs stuff from Cetus. And I really didn't know that and I went to Fortuna just to realize that I had to go to Cetus.

Yeah, you could just say 'read the Wiki!', but come on, everything should be in the game and it should be transparent, so everyone can understand how to get things they want.

FISSURES SCREEN

It would be actually great to see how much parts from the set you have - so there won't be situations, when you need two parts for something, but the screen just shows you that you already own the thing. Just make it like a little window, where under or above every prime part you see information, from what set this part is, how much parts do you have, etc.

Thanks again, I hope someone will read this and adds something to my suggestions.

Yeah, I think the main problem is that some of the information that's being hidden out of fear that new players find it overwhelming is also info that's crucial to help new players understand the game better.

Meanwhile there's a lot of unimportant things being shown.

The issue with what's been show is that it's not very good and focusing on and highlighting what it's important and what's not.

You would have far fewer complaints about screens being overwhelming if they were better at making sure the things that caught peoples attention were important, and got the useless info out of there.

As veterans it's just frustrating to see the info we want to be easily accesible, being made more inconvenient to get to see.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, BloodRavenCap said:

I don't actually use it at all, but I've seen from the videos that there is still no dedicated button just to reset all enemies, so everyone has to waste time to go back to the console and reset them manually. And yeah, it's already year 2020, and we still can't test the modular weapons. Why? I can't just decide if I want this combination from the sheer number, I need to feel it! Please, DE, allow us to build kitguns, zaws and amps in Simulacrum to test them out, I beg you.

Game breaking! Would be nice but isn’t necessary in any way. Much more important issues.

I think everyone already talked about this, but I'll just tell what I think: yeah, the old abilities screen was a lot better. We've got some compensation in the abilities on the modding screen, but the thing is, you still have to fly the mouse over all the abilities to check out how one mod affected all the abilities - and I think we should see the changes immediately. Like a little table that shows all the abilities right there, on the modding screen itself. And when you put a mod that changes the stats, you can see everything right from the get-go.

Like this! Yeah that’s a joke. The problem  with having a table would be its clutter, at the moment it’s nice and tucked away. Plus it would be awfully overwhelming fir new players.

Back to Market: for some reason, Leverian is buried there. Wouldn't it be a lot better if he was situated in the Codex? When I was a newbie, I actually read every article there was to understand what to do in the game. And yeah, why we still have this annoying ???? in the Codex for mods? I want to know what every mod does and I will - I'll just have to link it in the chat, and yeah, it will waste my time, so why do we still have it?

Agreed, the Codex is useless beyond lore. Everything in it is either hidden, or you already have the mod/arcane. Why? It’s not like there’s a wiki  there’s no reason that the power of these mods be locked away. At least until we are on the planet where they’re first achievable.

it would be great if just under it we had a clickable link to the training mode

I treasure my forced load into the relay, ten my trip to Simaris, to then find the right test. It makes my day.

I don’t actually care, it gives you a reason to actually visit the relays every so often which is cool.

I would like a build number inside the blueprint box.  When I click the button 'show only not owned' in markets, and all of the blueprints show up, it does not help me decide if I need to buy it or not.  

For example, I've built all (I think) of the helmet blueprints in nightwave market but when I click the show only not owned' button, all blueprints show up because I do not own the blueprint.  The UI doesn't factor in that I owned blue print before and built part.  A little "1 built" in corner would be helpful to quickly scan market and make sure your not missing something.  

Also, why are part labels turned off by default?  This absolutely needs to be on by default.  So many parts share same icon, it is impossible to know what they are by looks.  Hovering over icon to see what it is is a huge pain.  I doubt many new players even know this is a toggle.  Rediculous!  

I am a big fan of getting rid of the majority of nested information.  There is so much wasted space on many screens where actual useful information could be put.  No just useful information, but information needed for progress is often hidden behind icons you must hover over (with a huge blank space on screen).  To many examples of this to list, just go to any screen and you can find them.  

3 hours ago, (XB1)DA ZACHYZACHY said:

Like this! Yeah that’s a joke. The problem  with having a table would be its clutter, at the moment it’s nice and tucked away. Plus it would be awfully overwhelming fir new players.

I was a new player once and it annoyed me there was no information to see how mods interacted with abilities on the same page.  It still annoys me. 

I think a show more/show less tab would go a long way here.  People just picking up game for the very first day can show less.  Everyone else that's played more than a couple missions would benefit from show more set to default.  

To many game developers rely on wiki.  May as well just put a link to the wiki page in the game so at least the codex has a function.  

В 27.01.2020 в 23:39, (XB1)DA ZACHYZACHY сказал:

The problem  with having a table would be its clutter, at the moment it’s nice and tucked away. Plus it would be awfully overwhelming fir new players.

How about giving a choice and not decide for others? A lot of people already expressed their complaints that UI is not only unintuitive, but also uninformative. Give players the ability to hide stuff, like a check mark in the options. They give us a choice to turn off all the labels for some reason, why not put something good for a change?

В 27.01.2020 в 23:39, (XB1)DA ZACHYZACHY сказал:

I treasure my forced load into the relay, ten my trip to Simaris, to then find the right test. It makes my day.

You're a real hero thinking if it's good for you, then it should be good for everyone. I understand that DE wants players to appreciate all the work they've done on the relays, but at this point I have enviroments more and more, because they make me waste minutes on things that should take seconds at best.