The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

All Clients Lagging Since 10.2.1

moondog548

Everyone I've played with and talked to since last night, anyway.

Doesn't seem to matter who's host (I've been host and client) but the clients seem to experience nigh-unplayable amounts of lag/latency ever since the hotfix.  I'm talking about pugs and clan matches where no problems have existed before.

Just fwiw.

Me and my brother have both noticed performance issues and lag that was not that way before. We played a few days ago together just fine. Tried a void mission today and I noticed less frame rate than usual as well as my bro saying he had lag issues.

I have later confirmed this in a few games just online with people.

Me and my brother have both noticed performance issues and lag that was not that way before. We played a few days ago together just fine. Tried a void mission today and I noticed less frame rate than usual as well as my bro saying he had lag issues.

I have later confirmed this in a few games just online with people.

Hmm.

Doesn't happen to me.

This has happened before, and a quick reinstall of the client fixed everything.

Try that.

Basic, but it worked.

Thanks for the replies.  I'm generalizing from anecdotal evidence but there's obviously SOMETHING going on since the hotfix, so the more info the better!

Edited by moondog548

Hmm.

Doesn't happen to me.

This has happened before, and a quick reinstall of the client fixed everything.

Try that.

Basic, but it worked.

Ok, well either 1) This worked, or 2) there wasn't a probelm to begin with and I'm a crazy person. :p

I swear though, last night and this morning everyone was lagging except for the given host of any given match.

• 4 weeks later...

I've also been lagging to beyond unplayable in multiplayer. Plus I always host for my clan since I have the best connection and no one, not one has ever lagged when I hosted before, but since the last patch everyone is lagging like crazy all of a sudden.

It feels like ever since update 10.5 the network connections have got far worse far faster. I have encountered a marked increase in games where the host seems to lose track of players. This results in not being able to see the other players. Not being able to open or walk through doors. Players warping out of position or just simply appearing unresponsive.

I have been a fairly stable host within my region in prior updates, but have had people comment about problems while playing with me recently.

Unfortunately we do not have the tools inclient to do any serious bug reporting or tracking of the problems to understand what is happening. It would be nice to see some additional debug utility (player pings, bit rate, packets lost) to see if we can help you sort out what is happening and help you get your netcode under control.

All we can say at this point is "something is wrong and making players lag".

Edited by Brasten

Everyone I've played with and talked to since last night, anyway.

Doesn't seem to matter who's host (I've been host and client) but the clients seem to experience nigh-unplayable amounts of lag/latency ever since the hotfix.  I'm talking about pugs and clan matches where no problems have existed before.

Just fwiw.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/127523-extreme-lag-stuttering-and-freezing/

try and keep all of them in this thread if possilble to keep the place a bit clean