Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reminder that shotguns, secondaries and Acceltra cannot use Cautious Shot either

GrowthProfitGrofit

So: Bow-specific version of Cautious Shot. Issue resolved? Well, no.

Cautious Shot still can't be applied to most of the explosive weapons in the game, adding a bow-specific version doesn't really go that far towards solving the actual issue.

My proposal: switch Cautious Shot to be applied to all Primaries and let players figure it out from there. It's already applying to the Ignis, Opticor and Torid so it's not like it's using the correct designation already. And I don't think that players who can complete arbitrations and farm up the huge amount of endo required to make this mod actually work are all that likely to be confused by the ambiguity there. Then introduce a new mod for secondaries - I'm guessing that having a mod which applies to both primaries and secondaries is too complex and that's fair enough.

Introducing a new bow-specific mod doesn't actually fix the issue, it just fixes this one specific instance of the issue.

Hopefully this feedback has already been received and understood by DE staff but it's never really clear so I wanted to summarize these basic thoughts so that the full situation is understood. I do not think the bow-specific mod is a good solution to this issue and I don't think it would be good for us to wind up in a situation where we need 4 separate mods ("unique", bow, shotgun, secondary) to cover this issue and still not fix the Acceltra.

(EDIT: Also to be clear, conversation in that thread has already become derailed and people are missing Marcus' post so I wanted to post a separate thread for feedback on this Bow-specific cautious shot.)

Edited by GrowthProfitGrofit

On 2020-02-07 at 6:14 AM, Benour said:

There is NO issue and there is NOTHING to fix. Get good and you will have no issue with selfdamage. 👍 

there is an issue. most people don't LIKE self damage. it's not fun when a team mate or one wayward enemy from off screen walks into your firing line and you end up blowing yourself up.

thats not user error, thats a team mate/enemy problem, something warframe has in abundance.

• Like 2

It's kinda beside the point - whether you like self-damage or not is irrelevant. Cautious Shot is a thing that exists. There should be consistency in either having it work on all self-damage primaries, or having options for all of them to do the same. Like, it's basically impossible to damage yourself normally with the Acceltra to the point that it's kinda not sensible that it has the self-damage in the first place, but it would still be weird if, say, allrifles could equip CS but Acceltra couldn't. 

Consistency would be a part of the discussion on self-damage if there was one, since it doesn't have any, but this isn't that thread.

Edited by CopperBezel
  • Like 1