Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Transform Helminth Infirmary into Armory (Orbiter)

Mixnek

Warframe is built around progressing in ranks, abilities and standing, but most importantly gathering loot to build new things: mainly frames and weapons. The ever-growing list of available weapons is in the hundreds, not to mention all the combinations of Zaws, Kitguns, Amps … also plans being reveled, that Kitguns 2.0, new Kuva weapons and modular Archwings are in the works.

This is absolutely great! However, the way weapons are displayed is becoming increasingly unclear and more like a giant list (of mostly forgotten weapons). And even thou the list gets longer, almost no feeling of accomplished comes up when looking at it.

That’s why a room in our Orbiter should have displayed weapons like in an armory (sitting on walls etc.), with empty slots (stands) for weapons a player has yet to acquire. One room that is obsolete and could be awesome comes to mind: Helminth Infirmary. That room is siting forever closed and basically useless from the start. Instead, it could display all our (hard) acquired weapons (possible other equipment) to look at and provoke a desire to fill empty weapon slots or to feel accomplished.

I mean, who collects things to have them tucked away in storage only to look at a list instead of having them presented.

I would love to learn more from DE on any plans regarding this.

_______
MR 28

Edited by disrawtomato

20 minutes ago, MBaldelli said:

😡 Where am I going to hide my floofs then from prying eyes and visitors to my orbiter?!  

But seriously, this has been asked for for years and it hasn't been implemented.  What makes you think things will change now?  

Good to know others share similar ideas.

I'm no regular forum user and quick search didn't find anything recent on this topic so I gave it try. Since a lot of new weapons are being added and Orbiter is getting some attention, DE might get that bug spray out and clean the room.

This is a no from me simply due to the importance of Helminth to both the lore and the cysts we still deal with. The room is not obsolete, but I will give you that it serves a single function as of right now, curing a warframe of the helminth cyst. But the lore for Helminth is crucial to the game itself. It's the helminth that created the Warframes when it was injected into exceptional subjects by the Orokin. It's absolutely vital, if currently only a symbol of the game's lore at the moment. I do, however, agree that more could be done with it.

As for putting weapons on display, you're going to need a BIG room. Perhaps, instead of a room entirely dedicated to an armory like some kind of doomsday prep fanatic, we could have a decoration item we can put on the walls of the Orbiter which allows us to display weapons. Sort of like how a redneck might mount a shotgun above their fireplace. That way, if you want to display your firearms, you can get a cheap display from DE's market (netting DE some money in the process), and those that prefer the guns stored away in the pocket dimension Ordis probably keeps them in won't have a room dedicated to weapons.

And, between you an me, I think the better room to put up such a decoration would be your Transference room. It's empty AF normally.

Edited by xZeromusx

I feel like Helminth could be used to implement a system where you can infect/modify your Warframe and/or Operator with Strains that grant trade-off effects like the Arcane Helms of old used to; the Arcanes we have now are just straight upgrades most of the time.

And/or possibly also affect stats/outcomes for generating new Helminth companion breeds.

4 minutes ago, Cobalt313 said:

I feel like Helminth could be used to implement a system where you can infect/modify your Warframe and/or Operator with Strains that grant trade-off effects like the Arcane Helms of old used to; the Arcanes we have now are just straight upgrades most of the time.

And/or possibly also affect stats/outcomes for generating new Helminth companion breeds.

It would be nice to actually have a slew of different types of Helminth companions. I love the Kubrow and all, albeit probably not as much utility as having one with Dig. But a Kavat needs to be next, and perhaps a bird like Sentinel after that, and then we can consider different forms.

Warframe customization wouldn't be a bad idea either. Maybe influence base stats to a degree, or do some inherent trade offs for ability strength, range, efficiency, and duration like the corrupted mods currently do, but not as powerful.

1 minute ago, xZeromusx said:

It would be nice to actually have a slew of different types of Helminth companions. I love the Kubrow and all, albeit probably not as much utility as having one with Dig. But a Kavat needs to be next, and perhaps a bird like Sentinel after that, and then we can consider different forms.

That's kinda what I was thinking of; have a base "Helminth" variation of each major pet type, then incorporate the possibility of generating them with stat tradeoff modifiers you could use for custom-tailoring your new pet, or perhaps even pass on through genetic imprints to breed other Companions with the same altered genes.

8 minutes ago, xZeromusx said:

Warframe customization wouldn't be a bad idea either. Maybe influence base stats to a degree, or do some inherent trade offs for ability strength, range, efficiency, and duration like the corrupted mods currently do, but not as powerful.

Stat tradeoffs was what I was shooting for, like what the Arcane Helmets do, except now equipped independently of cosmetics. Perhaps if any Arcanes still exist, the Arcane Distillers could be re-tooled to turn the removed Arcane effect into a "Strain" compatible with Helminth rather than simply delete it entirely like I think it currently does.

2 minutes ago, Cobalt313 said:

That's kinda what I was thinking of; have a base "Helminth" variation of each major pet type, then incorporate the possibility of generating them with stat tradeoff modifiers you could use for custom-tailoring your new pet, or perhaps even pass on through genetic imprints to breed other Companions with the same altered genes.

Stat tradeoffs was what I was shooting for, like what the Arcane Helmets do, except now equipped independently of cosmetics. Perhaps if any Arcanes still exist, the Arcane Distillers could be re-tooled to turn the removed Arcane effect into a "Strain" compatible with Helminth rather than simply delete it entirely like I think it currently does.

Well, if I recall too, some of those arcane helmets also traded base stats for ability stats. But, while we're thinking of the concept, why not both? Customize base stats and customize ability stats. Obviously it would need to be balanced against what already exists, or not make what exists already obsolete. But maybe be able to trade 10 base health/shield/armor/.1 sprint for 10 base health/shield/armor/.1 sprint, at most. Obviously not talking about trading like 20 or 30, as that drastically changes the stats at Rank 30. Then, in another screen, trade 10% Ability Strength/Range/Duration/Efficiency for 10% Ability Strength/Range/Ruration/Efficiency. And obviously, there would need to be a currency consumed. I'm thinking maybe Mutagen Mass or a new drop that only comes from the Infested.

Well, if I recall too, some of those arcane helmets also traded base stats for ability stats. But, while we're thinking of the concept, why not both? Customize base stats and customize ability stats. Obviously it would need to be balanced against what already exists, or not make what exists already obsolete. But maybe be able to trade 10 base health/shield/armor/.1 sprint for 10 base health/shield/armor/.1 sprint, at most. Obviously not talking about trading like 20 or 30, as that drastically changes the stats at Rank 30. Then, in another screen, trade 10% Ability Strength/Range/Duration/Efficiency for 10% Ability Strength/Range/Ruration/Efficiency. And obviously, there would need to be a currency consumed. I'm thinking maybe Mutagen Mass or a new drop that only comes from the Infested.

Yeah, something like that. And yeah, having a crafting/"Incubation" cost tied to Infested materials would make a lot of sense.

2 minutes ago, Cobalt313 said:

Yeah, something like that. And yeah, having a crafting/"Incubation" cost tied to Infested materials would make a lot of sense.

That might also help remedy some of the headache that players face with shield heavy frames feeling impossibly squishy compared to health heavy frames. And to maintain the integrity of the theme for certain frames, Nidus and Inaros would need to be excluded from the shield option. I mean, who would honestly trade 10 base health from Nidus or Inaros for shields, but they are kind of themed around their exposed health concepts too.

That might also help remedy some of the headache that players face with shield heavy frames feeling impossibly squishy compared to health heavy frames. And to maintain the integrity of the theme for certain frames, Nidus and Inaros would need to be excluded from the shield option. I mean, who would honestly trade 10 base health from Nidus or Inaros for shields, but they are kind of themed around their exposed health concepts too.

And now I'm considering the implications of whether or not "Inoculating" the Warframe with a given Strain should require them to stay in the chair for a certain amount of time, or if just the Incubation portion would have a timer and Inoculation would just be like equipping something in the Arsenal.

6 minutes ago, Cobalt313 said:

And now I'm considering the implications of whether or not "Inoculating" the Warframe with a given Strain should require them to stay in the chair for a certain amount of time, or if just the Incubation portion would have a timer and Inoculation would just be like equipping something in the Arsenal.

Oh I really like that idea. It limits just throwing on a strain and hitting a mission only to revert it 5 minutes later when the mission's over. You have to really dedicate something, some time and resources, towards the biological adaptation. It gives it a better sensation of actually putting the frame through a metamorphosis, and it means that the content wouldn't just be breezed through in a day too. Also, maybe consider special items needed to adjust the stats of prime frames as well, apart from the items needed to adjust the stats of normal frames. Since these frames have higher base stats, their adjustment might need to be a little bit harder.

Edited by xZeromusx

Oh I really like that idea. It limits just throwing on a strain and hitting a mission only to revert it 5 minutes later when the mission's over. You have to really dedicate something, some time and resources, towards the biological adaptation. It gives it a better sensation of actually putting the frame through a metamorphosis, and it means that the content wouldn't just be breezed through in a day too. Also, maybe consider special items needed to adjust the stats of prime frames as well, apart from the items needed to adjust the stats of normal frames.

What if Prime strains required those Orokin Ciphers you used to craft the Mirage quest then never used again?

10 minutes ago, Cobalt313 said:

What if Prime strains required those Orokin Ciphers you used to craft the Mirage quest then never used again?

That's a great idea, especially since they come from Orokin Vaults, which are surrounded by Infested at the moment and the vaults themselves reward the corrupted mods too. Fitting lore.

I know this is a shameless plug for myself, but I made a post a while a back where I was thinking Helmith could be tied to a Phorid rework allowing him to act as a lieason and a faction like vender special gear to supress stronger manifestations of Phorid. Especially since Phorid seems to be the antithesis of what Helmith believes the infested to be.

At least until [DE] decides to have him turn on you.

Edited by Lukarith
Forgot a link

Thanks for totally not hijacking this topic. Very cool. smh

Concerning the lure: we got a simple helmet stand and a pod for Railjack in our Orbiters as part of a huge lure development. It obviously isn't necessary to have an entire room of goo to feel emersed. Well, apart from hobos and hoarders.

As to the room being to small: walls can interchange, roll, rotate, etc... it's a space ship, no room is too small.

15 hours ago, disrawtomato said:

Concerning the lure: we got a simple helmet stand and a pod for Railjack in our Orbiters as part of a huge lure development. It obviously isn't necessary to have an entire room of goo to feel emersed. Well, apart from hobos and hoarders.

A simple helmet stand? Yes, to hold the helmet left behind by The Lotus. Why would the helmet need an entire room? And a pod for Railjack? You mean the transport pad? The one linked with the giant tube that you can see outside running from the Orbiter to one's Railjack parked above the Orbiter? That pad which was added well after the Helminth room, the Transference room, and the private quarters have existed? And Helminth isn't the entire room. Helminth is the infestation that has grown inside the room. The room itself is homage to the creation and development of the Warframes themselves. It's in that chair which the Warframes can be and were supposedly created. Further, Helminth is at its core still a form of Infestation. It's not something that is likely to be able to be limited to a single display noggle you put on a shelf. You'll need Helminth to remove the cyst you get on any warframe now and in the future, and that is best served, lore wise, from that chair in that room.

Also, as for "hijacking" your thread, the topic of conversation is this room, and what to do with it. We basically considered the idea and suggested something within the lore wth a bit more useful utility than an armory that essentially just serves display purposes. However, seeing as you obviously don't like this alternative suggestion, I'm fine with leaving it at that, and adding it to my compendium thread, with credit of course to @Cobalt313.

Edited by xZeromusx