Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Embolist.....

BloodKitten

I'd say a lot more at the moment, with pistol mods and innate armor ignore and what not.

Keep in mind that its range is utterly abysmal, though. Enemies need to almost be in melee range to be hit. The only thing saving it from being a direct downgrade do every thrown secondary is that it has a somewhat wider hitbox, so it can be used to take out small groups that are very, very close together, and very, very close to you.

Edited by SortaRandom

Generally speaking, I find the Ignis to be much better.  After all, the only time you're going to want to get close to large groups of enemies is when you're facing infested, and the Ignis has a far longer range. 

You could make the argument that the Embolist is for clearing out Ancients, but then you would need to get right next to them, and risk losing your health or energy.  The Ignis has problems against Ancients, but it wrecks every other type of infested, so it goes well with the Acrid or throwing knives. 

So really, I'm just not sure what type of role the developers were thinking of with the Embolist. 

Edited by Ganpot

Yeah i pretty much agreewith the said above. Embolist is absolutely pathetic right now. Even with Barrel Defusion, Honet Strike and Lethal Torrent (+ 3 elemental mods) ittakes an year to kill medium level mobs. and this hapens with the cost ot half the total ammo you have for the mission.

I have it potatoed and lvl30 and I just like most people on the forums and on the wiki find it inferior to most other secondaries.

Which is ironic since the mastery level requirement and Scotts words on mstery giving straight power rather than divercity, suggest it should be one of the best weapons in the game if not the best.

Yeah i pretty much agreewith the said above. Embolist is absolutely pathetic right now. Even with Barrel Defusion, Honet Strike and Lethal Torrent (+ 3 elemental mods) ittakes an year to kill medium level mobs. and this hapens with the cost ot half the total ammo you have for the mission.

I have it potatoed and lvl30 and I just like most people on the forums and on the wiki find it inferior to most other secondaries.

Which is ironic since the mastery level requirement and Scotts words on mstery giving straight power rather than divercity, suggest it should be one of the best weapons in the game if not the best.

It should be the best due to only weapon requiring level 8 mastery.

I'm using both the Ignis and Acrid at the moment and I find Ignis better by a lot. The embolist can kill Ancients faster if you're next to them and aim for the head. Ignis kills only a fraction slower if you shoot at a weakspot.

And as experience teaches us, you don't want to hug ancients.