Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make This Game Open World !

dany8285

The fact that you say the graphics in this game is "fake" I can safely assume you know jackS#&$ about game design. It's not that the graphic is fake, it's how they wanted the art to be. You might as well say Borderlands 2's art is fake because it looks like it popped straight from a Marvel Comic. 

If DE had much more emphasize on their art, then we would have slower development and probably we be only in U6-7. Because game art and graphics and texture doesn't take 2days to finish. I assume you know that. The game you posted, yes it's amazing new technology, but unlike them, DE is using zBrush, which is ALOT harder, so please save your 0.02c for someone else, DE worked hard, if you call their game art fake, i would only assume what you call real fake.

+1

The fact that you say the graphics in this game is "fake" I can safely assume you know jackS#&$ about game design. It's not that the graphic is fake, it's how they wanted the art to be. You might as well say Borderlands 2's art is fake because it looks like it popped straight from a Marvel Comic. 

If DE had much more emphasize on their art, then we would have slower development and probably we be only in U6-7. Because game art and graphics and texture doesn't take 2days to finish. I assume you know that. The game you posted, yes it's amazing new technology, but unlike them, DE is using zBrush, which is ALOT harder, so please save your 0.02c for someone else, DE worked hard, if you call their game art fake, i would only assume what you call real fake.

Oi, oi. Who said I was bashing on DE and told that I find their game bad? I just said I like the graphics more in the game Destiny. Sure I like the art style in this game. It has a very unique feel. The models from weapons and Warframes. I am just saying that the graphics like lighting, shadows, reflections, etc could have looked better. It might be just me but I notice a complete lack of shadow casting by dynamic lighting and a lot of other things I would have liked better (reflections are very low res and currently quite broken, there are no LoD sliders, missing bloom slider, very broken DoF,etc). Though I don't find this game looking bad I just feel like there are a bunch of graphical features missing that would have been nice on maxed out settings.

Edited by R3leaZ

@OP: You've been playing this for 2 weeks and are considering quitting because it isn't open world? Not every game has to be open world, GTA/Elder Scrolls kind of thing, and this game most certainly won't become "like desert Sahara" just for not being open world. DE isn't in Texas (because everything's bigger in Texas), they don't need to have overly sized maps. Many popular games these days are not open world, and yet people still play them.

@Second Poster: You paid at least $100 AND have over 1,500 posts on the forums for a game you say has cheesy/fake graphics, seems legit. You might as well edit that part out of that post, you certainly aren't making yourself look good by saying that DE's artstyle is "(Not fake graphics unlike this game...)". And from what I've been hearing, Destiny is coming on PC, but as third poster said, it is Bungie, so be afraid.

Edited by NoggDog117

@OP: You've been playing this for 2 weeks and are considering quitting because it isn't open world? Not every game has to be open world, GTA/Elder Scrolls kind of thing. Many popular games these days are not open world, and yet people still play them.

@Second Poster: You paid at least $100 AND have over 1,500 posts on the forums for a game you say has cheesy/fake graphics. Seems legit. And from what I've been hearing, Destiny is coming on PC, but as third poster said, it is Bungie, so be afraid.

It's not that I find them fake honestly. The graphics in this game have been broken for a very long time and I guess it has been bothering me that it still hasn't been fixed honestly (Been here since February). Sure they added the option to turn off gore but there are still a bunch of features broken or missing that could have helped. option for colourblindness for example or a bloom slider, fixing the extreme fog that occurs at random times, colour correction being really off at times, etc.

Examples.

Fog problems

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/615025248191750077/1778FE4C6FF8C162A3CFBB44D7C64AECFA1FEF54/

Blur problems

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/612772818364685151/F7A848D95CCA731C05F2163FA09235D3B5CC6DFF/

Colour correction problems

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/613900435756530652/001886058EEF5C05555EEAD97F0C40446AD91FF4/

Also about the post count. I'm a very dedicated beta tester and have been helping this game a lot in the past. Though I have been turning more and more inactive as time went on though I am still trying to test the game for DE.

Edited by R3leaZ

While I respect OP's opinion, I don't agree (hear hear, a disagreement on the interwebs) with most of what he says:

1) "Make it open world" sounds like a very misinformed suggestion in regards to WF.
2) I really don't think DE could do this without scrapping a year's worth of work...
3) ...plus, making it open world alone won't solve any of their issues, IE design mentality, QA, etc.
4) OP is suggesting to make apples with oranges. Warframe's much more Diablo like than, say, World of Warcraft.
5) Who is then supposed to host this open world? DE doesn't want to afford dedicated servers.

I agree with the sentiment about repetition though, WF needs more variety to break up the grind, it needs to use its RNG more carefully. You don't need an open world when small instances of it can come together perfectly as a whole.

Edit: Typos.

Edited by NIL0S

This suggestion yet again. Do you have any idea how much they cost, they need a lot of funding. They are along with MMO's the most expensive games to develop and for Warframe, it already is too late to shift the game to another genre, it doesn't just happen with a click of fingers. Maybe a sequel some day, but that is another subject of matter and time.

Don't really know if this can be considered on topic, but this is what I think would give a new and cool feature to the game..

Instead of an open world (which I can't see to be fitting to the game), I think we can make more use of the Dojo.

With the current stuff the Dojo offers, you actually only use it if you want to fight Clan Members, or if you need to buy Clan Research Blueprints.. You don't use the Dojo to waste your time between missions, which I think is sad.

What I'm suggesting is that instead of the current system after you log in, you just wait around looking at the Solar system while trying to get into a mission, you will instead get loaded into the Clan Dojo. Now inside the Dojo you can just the "queue" to enter a specific mission and while you wait, you can run around interacting with your Clan Members and do whatever else you want to do in your Dojo.

What makes this suggestion possible to "The Lore":

The Dojo is some kind of Tenno Space Station, so it works like a "Launch Pad" from which the Tenno Squad can get launched from when they travel to a Mission.

Sorry if this seems messy in the description (and grammar, language etc.) of what I'm suggesting, but it was written in less than 5 minutes while I had my concentration on something else XD

Don't really know if this can be considered on topic, but this is what I think would give a new and cool feature to the game..

Instead of an open world (which I can't see to be fitting to the game), I think we can make more use of the Dojo.

With the current stuff the Dojo offers, you actually only use it if you want to fight Clan Members, or if you need to buy Clan Research Blueprints.. You don't use the Dojo to waste your time between missions, which I think is sad.

What I'm suggesting is that instead of the current system after you log in, you just wait around looking at the Solar system while trying to get into a mission, you will instead get loaded into the Clan Dojo. Now inside the Dojo you can just the "queue" to enter a specific mission and while you wait, you can run around interacting with your Clan Members and do whatever else you want to do in your Dojo.

What makes this suggestion possible to "The Lore":

The Dojo is some kind of Tenno Space Station, so it works like a "Launch Pad" from which the Tenno Squad can get launched from when they travel to a Mission.

Sorry if this seems messy in the description (and grammar, language etc.) of what I'm suggesting, but it was written in less than 5 minutes while I had my concentration on something else XD

What happens to those players who aren't in a clan?

It would be fabulous if you posted this in the map and level feedback.

It's bungie so be afraid.

I think they're doing PC releases though.

Probably will since activision is in charge now, heard that they won't restrict bungie like what M$ did to PC's. I don't think PC version will come until 2015 tho.

3rd person for shooters opens up to exploits: Wall peaking, etc. It's why I prefer first person games. They are more challenging.

true but i cannot stand spending time customizing how my character looks just to never see myself.

imo the exploits are just another part of the gameplay.

its not like 1st person doesnt have other impossible situations - not really exploits though.

Would be cool if they brought in something similar to the dojo halls but where it was for anyone to access so you could meet to trade or just hang out and look  at other peoples gear etc.

Bit like SW or Org on WoW

What happens to those players who aren't in a clan?

Hmm.. Forgot about that.. Perhaps a random "Login Space Station" which is seperated by numbers (like chat channels in other games).

This station will have the basics stuff you need, Foundry, Shop and stuff.

Once you join a Clan and its Dojo, then you will automaticly leave the "Basic Space Station" and join your Clans Dojo

true but i cannot stand spending time customizing how my character looks just to never see myself.

imo the exploits are just another part of the gameplay.

its not like 1st person doesnt have other impossible situations - not really exploits though.

Honestly, I agree with you. And 'wall peeking' isn't an exploit, it is part of gameplay, so I agree with you there as well.

Honestly, I agree with you. And 'wall peeking' isn't an exploit, it is part of gameplay, so I agree with you there as well.

There are plenty of games who have a 3rd person side-option and even their community agree that it is a bit 'cheatish'. It's why those kind of options get banned in clan wars.

Never and I mean never,compare a 1st person,open world,shooting "MMORPG?" with a 3rd person ,coop game!

They are 2 different things!

I'm pretty sure Destiny is a co-op game too.

Edited by R3leaZ

There are plenty of games who have a 3rd person side-option and even their community agree that it is a bit 'cheatish'. It's why those kind of options get banned in clan wars.

I'm pretty sure Destiny is a co-op game too.

That only applies to games where 3rd person is an option, it is a clear advantage over 1st person. BUT, when the game is 3rd person only it is fine. i.e- Gears of War.