The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should Depleted Reload be a weapon Exilus mod?

voltwave81

2 minutes ago, tzadquiel said:

keyword here is greatly. we also have Power Drift along with Speed Drift, but those additives are almost symbolical compared to the other gains you could get. 

Thats a very wishy-washy brushing off response. You said that Natural Talent increases DPS so it can't be an exilus mod, yet Speed Drift is. This means Natural Talent can be an exilus mod as well.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, tzadquiel said:

keyword here is greatly.

No. Keyword is Utility. Utility is defined by its effect, not %-stat bonus; otherwise at which % can Reload Speed, Firerate or Damage be considered Exilus?

Edited by ShortCat

33 minutes ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

Thats a very wishy-washy brushing off response. You said that Natural Talent increases DPS so it can't be an exilus mod, yet Speed Drift is. This means Natural Talent can be an exilus mod as well.

i dont know what wishy washy brushing off response means, but I did say that NT increases the damage output greatly. sure, you can focus on nitpicking and splitting hair if you have nothing else to do, but it does not matter that much after all. and despite my statements, I would welcome addition of augment mods in the exilus slot so there is that.  

1 hour ago, tzadquiel said:

i dont know what wishy washy brushing off response means, but I did say that NT increases the damage output greatly

Wishy-Washy brushing off means you avoided answering the question properly.

The thing about this kind of logic is that where exactly is the line drawn? If increasing DPS is considered overpowered somehow, then why do casting speed mods, or even mods that directly increase damage even exist at all?

Natural Talent can be used in builds with high DPS regardless of whether its in an exilus mod or not. Its just making it an exilus would be more useful.

11 hours ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

Exactly. Where is the line?

A third to a half of a basic 5-rank mod. Take Intensify for example.
30%
Exilus can have 15%
10-rank mods can have double. Primed Intensify would have 60%, I guess. 4 times as much.

Edit:
Stretch is 45%. Exilus has 15% (1/3rd) but also some other mobility buffs. Overextend is 90% (and a debuff).

Edited by Uthael

10 hours ago, Uthael said:

A third to a half of a basic 5-rank mod. Take Intensify for example.
30%
Exilus can have 15%

But why is that a rule? Exilus mods can only be half the power of normal mods? DPS as anargument can only go so far as not every frame in the game has high DPS abilities.

Besides, if casting speed increases DPS, why does it even exist at all? If its just pure powercreep then get rid of it.

• 2 weeks later...

On 2020-02-20 at 10:46 AM, TheGodofWiFi said:

Besides, if casting speed increases DPS, why does it even exist at all? If its just pure powercreep then get rid of it.

In the vast majority of cases, it doesn't. Most nuke frames have other limiting factors to their DPS and are not really affected by casting speed.

But it helps with survivability. For some abilities, the longer you're stuck in the casting animation, the longer you're vulnerable.

But back on topic; I'd totally be in favor of some weapons allowing specific mods into Exilus.