Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Grand Thread For Animation Improvements And Fixes. [Constantly Being Updated And Tweaked!]

Aure7

Anyone else feel that the current animations are a bit jerky? Like, the transitions between animations don't really feel smooth at all.

That's the main point of my thread! That's what I'm trying to say to the devs but in a very constructive way.

Fully agree, but don't work Geoff to death with these. XD

I think he personally works on individual key-frame animations. And all of the scripting and programming with animations (that is supposed to make it fluent) goes to other people who are busy with something else as Geoff himself said.

But the game is becoming so big and so successful that it deserves smoother animations that modern games have. Skyrim for example had a incredibly major letdown with it's animation.

Edited by Aure7

Would be good more better animation but still they can't make it better. This things needs a lot of time and needs more animation to the different moves. Similar with the map glitches when you stucked in a part of map or you stand on a door or on the edges. I have also a small suggestion what they need adopt. 

Edit: I know this is different engine but with more time to spend polishing animations almost can be reach this level.

Euphoria is not good enough to just slap in and say it's done. If anything, it's more work. And only serves as a replacement for MoCapping. I would not be happy with my self if I handed those animations in for one of my projects and called them finished. They need lots of polish.

I most definitely agree that the animations need blending. With abilities, it's most noticeable with frames that have a long casting time (Sliding with Mag and her Crush; Rhino and his Stomp while sliding)

But this....all of this....all of my yes...

+1, very thought out, knew exactly what OP was trying to get at at the end.

well golly gee you may be on to something here....

Damn right! I am hoping hours of editing those clips and gifs will eventually turn into changes that I can notice in game. So far a positive reply, but devs are busy with stuff, thought they don't show too much enthusiasm.