The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Is The Grineer Trying To Save The Corpus?

TeddyBear

better question yet, why infested protecting corpus informents?

with grineers can just say "its a trade officer" and "he happens to have info we need"

infested though, make no sense

They shut down the life support of an entire region or even planet, that is not stupid.

He's a lone survivor, he survived infested onslaught and seeing all his friends and loved ones killed and probably eaten in front of him and then we chase him down and eat his soul. Did I mention that we are the good guys?

That's hopelessly exaggerated.  We don't eat his soul (well, Nekros might, but that's a different topic).  We just painfully atomize him so that his memories can be violated and stolen.  That's completely different.  And it's probably even reversible....  Maybe.

During capture missions are they trying to save the corpus or are they torturing the corpus? Then again if they were torturing the corpus why are they not tied to a chair or something? How does this work with lore?

And i know "it's the grineer".

You mean the capture target? Some times in phobos I see them dead might just be the skates but never saw any near the Grineer must of killed them.

1: Most likely a placeholder while they make Capture more interesting (hopefully after Deception gets done)

2: Could have been captured already for whatever reason and you're stealing him, or the faction is already in progress of capturing/killing him and you're beating them to it

3: DE just plain forgot he exists, like the Grineer Asteroid Base tileset

That's hopelessly exaggerated.  We don't eat his soul (well, Nekros might, but that's a different topic).  We just painfully atomize him so that his memories can be violated and stolen.  That's completely different.  And it's probably even reversible....  Maybe.

And he probably deserved it for kicking a puppy in previous life. Or for being born in the wrong faction.

Edited by General_Krull

You cannot put the entire faction on the same team. That's like saying a whole country agrees with the same thing.

Some Grineer are possibly against Corpus, and much like Captain Vor's Video where Vor killed a random grineer, it's possible they are against each other.

Corpus do seem to rule trade, and Grineer do seem in need of something to make their clones better. So it could be a couple situations where we do see trade. Of course, it's not a buddy buddy deal, I'm sure it's very tense.

i'd like to believe it is exactly this... but i think they simply didn't came up with a new 3d model for a grineer informer, that's it

Against each other? Have you never seen a villain superior kill randomly kill a subordinate before? That's, like, in every action movie with a bad guy, ever.

While that is true, but it is also a fact that Grineer aren't all on the same page.

One of the Grineer Boss. Forgot which one. Lotus specifically said in comm, "killing him may gain favors from the council" or something along the lines. 

Think Grineer, as Warlords. They each hold a piece of system, territory. While Warlords may team up against a common enemy - Such as Krill and Vor. It does not mean that they aren't enemies themselves. My enemy's enemy is my friend. That's like, in every action movie with multiple faction, ever.

Personally I like to believe that the Corpus Crewman is selling information to the Grineer. The evidence for this is that there is a room in the Grineer Galleon tileset which has the Grineer building their own Jackals. This is obviously bad for us Tenno.