Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solo play is really bad and should be looked at

(PSN)Frost_Nephilim

Edit: Mannn i just got done playing a fissure mission on Europa: Valefor Node and it was god awful. I mean what made it so bad was

1.) After i killed 5 to 10 enemies in about 5 seconds with my glaxion, No enemies would spawn for the next 15 to 30 seconds. If that doesnt sound like long time stare at a wall for 30 seconds. You will feel my pain

2.) The enemies that are supposed to be coming with batteries to charge the excavators took anywhere from 1minute to 15 minutes to spawn in due to the constant spawning of enemies from a fissure (I think thats why they werent spawning atleast). The 15 minute wait, when i looked at the time i swear a blood vessel popped in my head

Another place with the same problem!

I was going to do an earth fissure interception mission, but decided to not do it because eventhough i killed every enemy on the map as quick as i could with my glaxion and held all defense towers the whole game, i ended with 3!!! Reactant!

But if i play with a squad and we do the same thing, i usually end with 10 reactant......

We should not be punnished like this for playing solo.

Solution: Add a setting that allows you to choose if you want enemy spawning to be affected if you dont have 4 players in your squad.

- I see someone saying that there could be AI that fill in for missing teammates when youre alone sort of like what you experience when playing syndicate missions which i think sounds pretty good for increasing enemy spawn rate. I think It would be even more cool if the "fill ins" were spectors you've customized on your ship, converted kuva lich, or even your companions like more kubrows, moas, sentils, and kavats. Something to get the enemies spawns going again whe your teammates quit 5 minutes into a survival.

End if edit

Anyone else feel like theres too few enemies when playing solo? Especially during survival missions, i dont think dampening the amount of enemy spawn fulfils the purpose it was supposed to help achieve...

Edited by (PS4)IIFrost_GhostII
  • Like 3

that was always the bad side of solo playing and especially shows in mission typs like survival and onslaught where the amount of enemies is critical to the success...

sadly, DE never deemed the solo-experience important enough to change this - most likely they fear that else far more people would play solo than in coop (the way they suppose the game is played).

personally, i would prefer playing pugs just because its more fun, but having the option to 'simulate' a full squad would be a nice change - and it's not even hard to do, they just have to want it done.

• Like 3

This has been a problem since the beginning.

I think it's more of a power scaling problem of the player. The missions are designed for the lowest, newest players to complete missions.

If the game had a gear power level score, which takes in account of your weapons and mods, and their levels/ranks, it could make scaling missions to your power level easier, including the numbers of enemies. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2020-02-25 at 9:12 AM, Zebiko said:

This has been a problem since the beginning.

I think it's more of a power scaling problem of the player. The missions are designed for the lowest, newest players to complete missions.

If the game had a gear power level score, which takes in account of your weapons and mods, and their levels/ranks, it could make scaling missions to your power level easier, including the numbers of enemies. 

Yes please

I mean man, its really bad. People dont want to stay in missions long but if you do and youre the only one who wants to stay, youre punnished so bad to the point where youre better off leaving. Like there was this 1 time where I was so happy at the thought of soloing a kuvival, so it could be played the way i wanted it to be played; but then i noticed that, eventhough i was killing enemies in basically 1 shot, i was struggling to keep life support at 100% just 5 minutes in... 

If anything, the game is harder for players who choose to play solo. Not easier lol.

Edited by (PS4)IIFrost_GhostII

On 2020-02-24 at 3:09 PM, fr4gb4ll said:

personally, i would prefer playing pugs just because its more fun, but having the option to 'simulate' a full squad would be a nice change - and it's not even hard to do, they just have to want it done.

I actually really like this idea too. I think they should have a respawn timer and a range threshold where they will teleport to the Host to keep them from getting stuck.

Would be pretty cool

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...