The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The MR9 test is one of the biggest player bleeders in the game

Crusher4881

18 hours ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

I doubt this is such a huge problem. Even if it's still true at its core. It seems that MR9, while not impossible, presents new players too wide of a gap in regards to both previous and next MR tests.

Which is why I believe, 100% guaranteed afaik, that DE will eventually handle it. For those having trouble, for now, just look up updted ways of cheesing it. Pass it, and forget it forever. Because it may take some tim for DE to take action.

I'd even hope that they rework stealth itself rather than just tweaking that test, but that seems unlikely as of now.

Mr 9 was interesting but the same thing popped up on mr 19 only now it's a stealth rescue and you literally need banshee and redeemer for both now since redeemer has a 60m heavy attack range since it shoots pellets

I sat on the MR11 test for a long time because I just couldn't be bothered to do it. Wasn't hard, and I had Titania to cheese it, but I didn't really care. When I finally passed that test I went through each subsequent test with relative ease. They weren't too difficult or tedious.

I'm hard-stuck at the MR19 test right now, unfortunately. The AI detection is crazy, but that honestly is not by biggest gripe with it. My biggest complaint is that I can't use frame abilities or other weapons.

Name me one mode in the game that restricts you to just your melee weapon. Sure, sorties can sometimes have Melee Only as a condition, but you can still use your frame abilities. The fact that I am restricted to a single weapon and cannot use my abilities when I will absolutely never run into that condition in the game is just bad design in my opinion. It's DE saying "Yeah, this will never actually happen to you, but prove you can do it anyway." Really?

It no doubt grates on DE that there are cheese methods for every test, but half the time the cheese is developed just to overcome the ridiculous constraints put on the player.

Further, the 24-hour wait upon failure: that's just aggravating. "Oh you failed. Sucks to be you. Try again tomorrow." Do we have to wait to run a mission again if we fail? No. Do we have to wait if we fail a sortie? No. This one thing though forces you to wait until you can try again. I agree with one of the other people in this thread: it should be a 24-hour wait upon success. I already have enough XP for the MR20 test: I can understand DE not wanting me to finish the MR19 test and then immediately take the MR20 test. I don't agree with it, but I understand. So fine, make me wait 24 hours before I can rank up again. But don't make me wait 24 hours just to try. It's so frustrating to run the practice over and over again, success after success, just to be sure you can do it, then have one mistake cost you the test and make you wait another day.

I already built and scrapped Banshee and Redeemer, so I'm not going to waste materials on them again just to get past this test. I'm going for a two-pronged cheese attack on this nonsense: Banshee Prime/Redeemer Prime, and my Imperator Vandal. Just need to farm the prime parts and the archgun deployer.

Edited by Sentinel-14