Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quantiny Vs Quality (is cutting some content ok?)

Tayef

On 2020-03-02 at 10:59 AM, Tayef said:

This game has a vast amount of content to be explored by new players. I completed the star chart and quests in about a month or two. For endgame we currently have fissures, conclave, eso, plains, liches and the railjack map. All grind content, imo, but still served as fun mini-games of sort.

Today I looked around my stats and inventory.

I have 3599hrs play time. MR 28 only zenith missing

( i potatoed all my frames and weapons and formaed some to see how they played and feel like when i leveled them )

( using this catagories cause those have the most varaity, other i found were more or less similar and using this 4 is simpler)

Warframe - 50% usage on limbo prime , 23.5% saryn prime, 5.5% on volt, 3.9% oberon, 2.3% mesa prime, 1.2%  nekros and nova. Others less than 1%, half of them 0.0%

Primary - 30% ignis wraith, 7.6% rubico prime, 7.5% opticor vandal, 7.2% vectis prime, 6.8% soma prime, 6.6% vectis, 6.1% kuva ogris, Then the others  less that 5%

Secondary - 26.2% catchmoon, 26.1% pyrana prime, 6.9% kuva twin stubbas, 4.4% hikou, 3.2% Afuris, 3.1% tombfinger. The others less than 3%

Melee - 38.1% plague keewar, 11.1% nami skyla, 8.8% broken war, 7.7% ninkondi prime, 5% sepfhan, 2.6% skiajati and zenistar. The other less than 2%

Currently using saryn, soma, kuva nuko,nami skyla for lich hunt and railjack. Others situation wise, i have 15 loadouts for eidolon, profit taker, eso, defense, spy, etc.

I also viewd some of my firends and clan mates profile to see their usage. From my sample i found that i was the only one with 50% on limbo, there is one i found who has 74.9% on redeemer. Most start from 35-30%.

We have our favourites, however, the trend is very similar. Apart from our favourite top 2-3 items the rest have less than 5% usage most are near 0%.

I see that we have way too many items/junk. When I started on 2017 the game was around 20Gb (unsure) now its 38.6GB on steam.

Well we have our own taste and individuality, so i think that the devs should consolidate some weapons and frames.

Such as combine nekros and hydroid - i only use them for farming. Combine srayn and mesa - they are my tops dps frames

And such.

We have too many weapons, make types like that of Tomb Raider (2013) - had 4 types pistol, rifle/granade, shotgun, bow

may be make the prime version as prime type variant upgrade like make the prime type rifle a snipe or rocket launcher. Same with wraith or vandal versions or just remove them if suites better or use some new mechanism.

Some might prefer to have loads of weapons to choose from, gives a sense of progression. (just look at my collectoin)

It might be my burnout from this game, i think i would like the devs to remove some or most of items and basically introduce a new game.

I know DE Steve has his vision of warframe which he has been building for the past decade or so.

I just wonder whether a drastic change is possible now and pull a diablo 4 or path of exile 2?

Is the community ok with removing some of the items they paid for? Its f2p anyway

Why though. Their continued existence doesn't take a lot of resources.

It's like how PvP just sits there. People who want to do that content, can. People who don't just ignore it. Neither is hurt by the existence of the other group. 

You're talking about removing assets, for no real reason. 

On 2020-03-02 at 7:59 AM, Tayef said:

I see that we have way too many items/junk.

Don't be a negative Nancy...

Just think of it as a positive that you have more items you are willing to vendor, than most players, and sell them.

Then use the increase in your credit coffers to invest in that Railjack you never wanted.