Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More detailed questions about the self damage changes

H3xtic

With the removal of the self damage mechanic, and the introduction of the stagger mechanic, I am left to wonder what will happen to the self applied status effects. As there have been instances of statuses being applied without taking damage, (ie: Sancti Castanas with -crit damage riven) it would be nice to know what the future of self applied statuses will be. Should they be removed from the game entirely, what would happen to the mod [Rapid Resilience] which specifically references self inflicted statuses. Additionally, how would this new stagger system affect operators, specifically with the Propa scaffold alt-fire.

TLDR:

- What will happen to self inflicted statuses?

- What will happen to the [Rapid Resilience] mod if they are removed?

- Will the new stagger system affect operators in the same way as Warframes?

• Like 1

1. The way I understood it, self-inflicted status will go along with self-damage. Blasting yourself with explosives will just throw you back.

2. This is Rapid Resilience, it doesn't say anything about self-inflicted status. Probably just worded weirdly, but what this mod simply do is reduce the duration of any status you have. So let's say you were hit with a rad proc, then this mod will reduce the time you will suffer from the radiation proc.
latest?cb=20171007154012
I think the mod in question should be Cautious Shot, the mod that reduces self-damage. Either they'll give that a new functionality or turn it into a resource like endo or vitus essence kinda like a refund thing...or they'll leave it be until it turns into a super rare mod of the past that serves nothing but a collector's item. XD

3. They will probably implement that stagger animation on the operators too or we'll just be transferred back to our warframes, idk.

Edited by Yxivi
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Iamabearlulz said:

I certainly hope not, unless they want to trash half the existing scaffolds and one of the prisms.

you too right

throwing yourself around with your Amp will basically make any of the Explosive type Amp Parts completely useless.

Edited by taiiat