Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mod Choice For Trinity

Mystic_Hyozuki

Question

I have a build for trinity focused around using blessing and link for damage mitigation and healing.
My question is:
On my last mod slot which mod is better Adaptation or Rolling guard?
Rolling guard would give the invulnerability period which would allow me to recast my link and or blessing safely.
Adaptation would reduce incoming damage further but Trinity isn't exactly tanky so I'm not sure she can benefit from this one.

Edited by Silberon
Adding information on the post

8 answers to this question

Performance: Adaptation

Consistency: Rolling Guard (used to compensate the window where you re-cast Link)

Generally speaking, Adaptation should prove superior, but it does involve more of a varying level of tankiness (25% beefiness during window of Link expiry/recast, plus the natural up and down of Adaptation stacks) than if you were relying on Link and Blessing alone (75%*75% = 16x effective health, and with proper Rolling Guard usage never exposing a window where it's only Blessing giving you effective 4x).

3 minutes ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

Performance: Adaptation

Consistency: Rolling Guard (used to compensate the window where you re-cast Link)

Generally speaking, Adaptation should prove superior, but it does involve more of a varying level of tankiness (25% beefiness during window of Link expiry/recast, plus the natural up and down of Adaptation stacks) than if you were relying on Link and Blessing alone (75%*75% = 16x effective health, and with proper Rolling Guard usage never exposing a window where it's only Blessing giving you effective 4x).

So let me see if I got this straight.. You mean that if I use rolling guard properly in a way that I don't give a vulnerability window to enemies then it should be better. 

Just now, Silberon said:

So let me see if I got this straight.. You mean that if I use rolling guard properly in a way that I don't give a vulnerability window to enemies then it should be better. 

It's more reliable - assuming you keep your energy and roll/re-cast your buffs properly, your effective health is always 16x the baseline.

Using Adaptation would vary from 4x (no Adaptation stacks, Link expired before re-cast) to ~80x (Blessing+Link active, Adaptation stacked), so it has higher potential but in practice you might have situational moments where you're more vulnerable.

I'd say go Adaptation, but I was trying to be comprehensive in explaining the pros/cons of each.

5 minutes ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

It's more reliable - assuming you keep your energy and roll/re-cast your buffs properly, your effective health is always 16x the baseline.

Using Adaptation would vary from 4x (no Adaptation stacks, Link expired before re-cast) to ~80x (Blessing+Link active, Adaptation stacked), so it has higher potential but in practice you might have situational moments where you're more vulnerable.

I'd say go Adaptation, but I was trying to be comprehensive in explaining the pros/cons of each.

Nah it's ok! I just got a bit confused because of the math (it isn't exactly my strength) but now I understood it! Thanks

Edited by Silberon

vor 28 Minuten schrieb Silberon:

Adaptation would reduce incoming damage further but Trinity isn't exactly tanky so I'm not sure she can benefit from this one.

With bless and link up trinity is one of the tankiest frames in the game.