Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need of artistic help

LOD07

I basically need help to figure out how to make a character look a lot more like an actual warframe. I can't figure out what the core essence of that style is to then combine that with my ideas. Any help would be appreciated. 

AEAF81D59A37200B8463575B80C15CB241CBEC32

That looks really cool! Nice design and drawing!

The whole "Looking like a warframe" is kinda hard to pin down though. The older warframes tend to lack much detail, focusing on shapes and color primarily. Newer frames have much more detail and stuff on them, but still focusing on shapes. Maybe give him more distinct silhouette? Chroma has a very recognizable body even if you look at his silhouette alone. Helmets and shoulders are a good focus point as well, maybe draw a side head shot and a flat angle front headshot to show off his silhouette?
One thing they all have in common is probably the lack of facial fetures. Of course, there are exceptions (like Mirage prime with her two eyes and Baruuk's mustache thingy and eye paint).

I'd say the two yellow ribbons on his biceps look a bit off. (Is it Orokin text?) Warframes don't usually have sybols and text on them as far as i can tell.
Another thing is the color scheme. While i LOVE black+gold+red (And some white) That pallet is mostly used for the "Black primes". Think Atlas P, Chroma P etc...
I see a theme of Spartan soldier here, maybe add more red or silver?

Other than that, I feel you nailed the look of a Warframe quite well. I could easily see this guy in the game!

Edited by Northern_Psycho
Added something about silhouette and shapes

Well the best way I can describe them is they all look like knights in skin tight armor. They have their differences or unique features but they share that skin tight armor design. Like this for an example:

zUuU5Hp.jpg

I looked at frames like Rhino, Atlas, Revenant, Ember, Hildryn, to come up with his over all shape. Then thought about how DE hasn’t made a blast/volcanic frame so I looked at volcanic beings to figure out the design. Left half of him uncolored for other imaginations. 

But the 5 frames listed above were the ones who were very different yet similar. But that is the basics. But for the most part DE may look at any drawing and come up with a version of their own if they are interested in the concept.

Edited by (PS4)chris1pat8twins

vor einer Stunde schrieb Northern_Psycho:

That looks really cool! Nice design and drawing!

The whole "Looking like a warframe" is kinda hard to pin down though. The older warframes tend to lack much detail, focusing on shapes and color primarily. Newer frames have much more detail and stuff on them, but still focusing on shapes. Maybe give him more distinct silhouette? Chroma has a very recognizable body even if you look at his silhouette alone. Helmets and shoulders are a good focus point as well, maybe draw a side head shot and a flat angle front headshot to show off his silhouette?
One thing they all have in common is probably the lack of facial fetures. Of course, there are exceptions (like Mirage prime with her two eyes and Baruuk's mustache thingy and eye paint).

I'd say the two yellow ribbons on his biceps look a bit off. (Is it Orokin text?) Warframes don't usually have sybols and text on them as far as i can tell.
Another thing is the color scheme. While i LOVE black+gold+red (And some white) That pallet is mostly used for the "Black primes". Think Atlas P, Chroma P etc...
I see a theme of Spartan soldier here, maybe add more red or silver?

Other than that, I feel you nailed the look of a Warframe quite well. I could easily see this guy in the game!

Thanks a. Lot this helps a lot for my re-redesign

vor einer Stunde schrieb (PS4)chris1pat8twins:

Well the best way I can describe them is they all look like knights in skin tight armor. They have their differences or unique features but they share that skin tight armor design. Like this for an example:

zUuU5Hp.jpg

I looked at frames like Rhino, Atlas, Revenant, Ember, Hildryn, to come up with his over all shape. Then thought about how DE hasn’t made a blast/volcanic frame so I looked at volcanic beings to figure out the design. Left half of him uncolored for other imaginations. 

But the 5 frames listed above were the ones who were very different yet similar. But that is the basics. But for the most part DE may look at any drawing and come up with a version of their own if they are interested in the concept.

Thanks a lot. Your concept looks pretty sweet as well