Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why does the codex mean nothing?

On 2020-03-08 at 8:25 PM, (NSW)albadicentra said:

Because it does reward you for some things as I already said, why should you grind those codex items and receive nothing? Imagine a 45 min survival and you get nothing

Here's a way of looking at it that might explain something:

I'm a six year veteran player. I have everything in the game, I have done everything in the game, I have enough resources that I built my entire Railjack with an afternoon's grind for the newly created resources like Pustrels, and the expiring resources like Argon.

A 45 minute Survival literally does get me nothing. I do those to test data on frames that come out so that I can see how they perform at higher level and over time for Endless missions like the upcoming Scarlet Spear.

However, those things you mentioned and discarded so readily, the Kuria, the locations, the scans, the rare times when DE puts stories into the game that aren't in a cut-scene or spoon-fed to you by a quest, those glimpses that give us real Lore (like Rhino Prime and Ember Prime entries), those are something new. Something interesting, to me on a level where gameplay literally doesn't matter.

I went out and searched for the Fish, for the data entries on the Fortuna residents, the Ghouls, all of it. Not because it gave me something towards the game's rewards, no, but because it gave the game itself some substance beyond the grind.

You find that these are not rewarding. That is fine. That is your own opinion.

I find these rewarding. That is also fine. That is my own opinion.

The balance is that you simply don't have to do anything with it. You don't have to put in the effort and get something you feel has no reward. Players like me will go out, find this stuff, enjoy the rewards we get from finding it and actively tell people that 'no, there's no item at the end, only lore' so you can then relax and not bother.

The old statement 'one man's trash is another man's treasure' fits here quite well.

On 2020-03-08 at 2:04 PM, (NSW)albadicentra said:

Partnership and memory fragment scans are very out of the way and well hidden. Why? You get nothing. Why? Idgaf about lore tbh I am just a completionist. 

It is literally lore based and you just admitted you don't care so quiet.

"I just read a book for 'FUN' I deserve a MILLION DOLLARS for that work! I don't even like books (huh?) but because I did it I now deserve to have a rocket launcher or some crap that immediately completes the mission successfully whenever I fire it because I read a book that I DIDN'T EVEN WANT TO READ THAT IS COMPLETELY OPTIONAL!" You people say this crap while not realizing you sound insane and then wonder why they ignore you?

You people don't even know what you want anymore you're just here to complain. If you really want an answer i'd wager it is because lore hunting is not the main part of the game so they're not going to give you a 'significant' reward for that. You people  just want 'more in game power' for free but can't ask for that because its too obvious so now you are demanding to be rewarded SIGNIFICANTLY for menial optional things that are intended just to be a little fun side activity for the lore nerds.

Like seriously what the crap is wrong with you people?