Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack color problems

Kindredkeeper

So I'm painting my rail jack and I have a problem.

My theme is a one of the "Black primes" the black and gold look on  the basic railjack

and when I set up the black on the primary and the tertiary with the deepest black on the smoke pallet (18th row 1st collum) and my gold (saturated pallet 13th row 5th collum in the secondary and the accent colors it looks chocolate brown, is this a settings issue for me or does anyone else see this

its only on the cone in the very front where its really noticable

I also use an orokin gold pallet but the gold I use is from another color. Not ingame now and can't check which one tho. 

I don't have any problems with my gold, so maybe it's your particular gold choice.

dojo lighting can also affect how a RJ looks iirc, best way to check is to go in a mission and see how it looks there.

sleepy eddit: I can check my gold for you but that will happen tomorrow cuz I haven't slept in almost 24 hours

Edited by EDM774

I couldn't figure out why every single shade of red i tried on my railjack looked dull and pinkish, until i noticed that it looked much deeper and vivid on the opposite side (you can click the components button to compare without having to run around). The bright spotlight shining on the side of the ship that you see while customizing seems to make the colors look more washed out and faded than they really are.

I get the same effect on my warframe near the arsenal in the orbiter, kind of de-saturated under the bright light in the middle but normal in a less brightly lit area.
Maybe its a bug or I have bad color settings or it's just how the lighting system works, but its something simple you could test that might help.