The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Broken Archwing Melee

TenDen

I recently noticed that the veritux archwing melee was auto locking enemies at a distance where the weapon could not reach the locked on target. The enemies do not fire at that range but it is impossible to make melee kills with it in normal archwing missions.

I also noticed that beginners are getting into archwing missions without an archwing, can I please have this option too?

Arch Melee has been Nerfed since the Itzal "blink" changes
the Veritux is apparently the ONLY Arch melee that retains the old to me PERFECT melee system

You cant get into archwing without doing Archwing quest, and those missions arent Hard at the first 3 planets

46 minutes ago, waverid3r said:

You cant get into archwing without doing Archwing quest, and those missions arent Hard at the first 3 planets

This is the 1st of two times I've been in a matching with beginners that have no archwing.

I feel like I should contribute to this thread as the issue seems to lie in where melee "dash" stops upon an attack, not merely in locking.

To reiterate what OP claims (and which mirrors my experience) using veritux may be locking onto enemies fine, however the archwing autorushing them stops some distance in front of the enemy and the swings are all ineffective. One has to "manually" fly a bit further or have a luck of enemy flying into the archwing and only upon said enemy's model practically clipping into veritux there's a chance the swing will connect and deal any damage - suffice to say that since enemies are usually in motion as well, that makes melee nearly completely useless.

I recently started playing on pc after many years on ps4. I too have noticed that arch melee never seems to connect with a target.

When pressing the melee attack button the character will lock on to a target and auto move to what looks like it should be in range but never makes contact with the swings.

Definitely needs to be looked into