Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please rework Nyx. This time a real rework.

TeaHawk

I've been trying to make something out of this frame. I've tried many builds. Many formas went to waste. With no avail.
She has no role. No premise accept aesthetic to play her.

Her 1st is patently useless: no matter how much damage does the converted enemy: he does not do anything anyways. He's inaccurate, slow and clumsy. I've converted a freaking Nox and waited more than a minute watching him desperately trying to murder something. It's not even unreliable. It's patently useless. To make this even worse: you put duration into it. Let me ask, do you really think a single converted inaccurate brain-dead mob needs to last no longer than a minute? Why?

Her 2nd would be a very nice ability, especially with current shield-gating mechanics. But only 6 targets? Come on! There's a whole bunch of frames debuffing the entire map, not to mention those you can insta-kill the entire map. Why there's a limit at all? Why don't you let her debuff all enemies she can see. Maybe add some energy consumption per target, I dunno. But currently, why bothering debuffing 6 enemies, while you can kill 20 of them with a single Kuva-Brahmma shot? This is ain't a gimmick. And why the hell you can't use that on some bosses — the only time it has some potential? Damn it!

Her 3d is basically radiation status in a relatively small range. And this is not a good CC.

1stly it has nothing unique: you can achieve the same result by simply constantly spamming AOE radiation procs on groups of enemies. 2ndly that thing does not help you to survive. Period. Enemies still focus you when they can, and even if they don't — you can still be damaged by some random AOE/rocket thing and killed. To make matters worse after DE buffed infested damage for no valuable reason (their close-range excuse is stupid af cuz it does not work at high levels) you get insta-killed by some stupid green fog. Last but no least: enemies are too stupid and lazy to even bother killing each other. I've maxed out duration and range. Found a bunch of enemies. Used 3d on them. Made my breakfast. Had some tea. Read morning newspaper. Had a long phone conversation. Wrote this entire post. By the time I came back — those wankers were still playing a queerest peculiar BDSM of their own. Preposterous! Also... I don't even want to talk about the augment. A person who dares to call this an augment must have either a deep sense of irony or simply be a jerk. It's designed to be useless.

Her 4th has a tiny range, extremely situational use case and stupid damage cap put there for no reason all together. Augment makes you slow and clumsy. If you like to cosplay Mister X from RE2: that's definitely your choice. But not mine. Warframe now is all about speed parkour beauty. There's little place for slow clumsy abomination like this. Being invulnerable might be quite a selling point. In that particular case it's the only advantage of this ability... and this warframe.  Although I don't think it was intended to be some kind of magical invulnerability button. It does not seem to correlate with this frame concept after all. To conclude, anything Nyx'4 does — you'll find a better frame for it. Unfortunately that can be said about every single ability in her arsenal.

To conclude, Nyx is slow, flimsy, and has no role at all at current state of the game. Her concept is beautiful yet ruined by stupid enemies AI and lack of polish and investment.

I'd really like to play this frame. I adore its design and the idea behind it. Furthermore it's nice to see something that makes connection with Dark Sector. Such a shame It's barely playable. There's no fun and no utility. There's nothing at all. Please do something about it. At least something. There's a lot of wonderful ideas all over the place. Just listen to some of them. Use them. You can hardly do worse.

Give some love to this old mastodon suffering from its obsolescence. Make Nyx a cold elegant mind-controlling killer we're all craving for.

Thanks for your attention.

Edited by TeaHawk
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, (PS4)IIFrost_GhostII said:

1.) Remove the censored cursing because DE moderators will get you for that too. Im not sure if your post will be deleted but theres consequences

2.) I agree with whats being said

I don't really think it would make any difference. In fact this post is rather an act of desperation. However, I really appreciate your solicitude. And that's the sole reason I've changed my post hereby.

• Like 1