Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let Kuva Weapons use a Focus Lens before rank 40

(PSN)Unstar

I finally finished leveling up through all the Forma I wanted to put into my Kuva Bramma so I could get the build I wanted, and with 3 Forma at level 36 it's exactly where I want it to be.  I've been liking this build a lot so I decided I want to put a Lens in this weapon that I'll probably use a lot, only to find out that I can't because it's "not max rank".

This just plain Feels Bad.  Has my weapon stopped leveling up when I get affinity?  Yes, it has.  Then let me turn some of that affinity into Focus.  It's a bummer to put a lot of work into a weapon and feel excited to finally have it completed, only to realize that there's an artificial barrier in the way.

Reasons to not Forma:

1. I can already fit every mod I want in the weapon.
  2. It requires two Forma, which I already never have enough of.
  3. It requires leveling my weapon twice more.
  4. Adding more Polarities to my weapon needlessly restricts my builds, and will only screw me over the next time weapons and game systems are rebalanced.

I could maybe tolerate 1 or 2 of the above list, but all 4 of them?  Yuck.  It's already incredibly slow and painful to get Focus, but I put Lenses on my most-used weapons so that maybe someday I'll get enough to do something with what finally accumulates.  This just makes me feel like entirely giving up on the Focus system, since I'm having so much fun with the Bramma, which won't let me gain even the meager amount of Focus that any other level 30 weapon could.

I appreciate your hearing how this feels and considering my feedback.  Thanks!

• Like 2

If there were some added benefit, like how the Paracesis gains an incremental damage bonus vs Sentients I would throw more Forma into them. For now, I get them where I want them and that's enough for me. MR isn't a concern for me until the MR20 stuff comes out.