Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please introduce option to dismantle Railjack and recover lost resources.

Nyekomimi

As in title...

I was rebuilding Railjack for one, single reason - It was required for the Erra quest, or at least so I was told. Not sure anymore if it is true or not.

Then I was running Railjack missions because they were new content, as well as them being required for Erra (intrinsics 7) - well, (luckily) not anymore, it turns out!

Luckily why? Because to me Railjack is just chore:

Archwing mode? Arch-melee is so broken that first obtained weapon can't even touch enemy, you gently fan vaccum of space at enemy.

Gunnery? It's literal "on-rail" shooter, except rails are really random and caused my pilot's movement.

On-deck repairs, because nothing beats unintuitive, repetitive minigames...

Boarders are kinda high-level but that's to be expected of endgame content. At least it's regular gameplay, so thats actually fun! Too bad that it's tiny percentage of actual Railjack run...

Biggest issue, however, is the sheer fact that it seems like there are next to no rewards for any Railjack runs? I mean there were few weapons that required Railjack components (in clan labs iirc) but after you are done with them, why do Railjack at all? Lack of enjoyable activities paired with lack of proper rewards really makes entire mode pointless.

I really hope we will just get option to get back the 600k credits, 5 argon crystals and all the other resources in way too high (even after reductions happened) amounts and just sell your Railjack for good. Because if that's how the Orokin fought Sentients, no wonder only Ballas was alive.

• Like 1

Honestly if you're worried over 600k credits (that's like 3 runs of index), 5 argon and the other bits and bobs spent on the reduced cost railjack (it was 10x the current cost originally) it sounds like part of your issue is that you're either 'low level' or just haven't spent time upgrading past the start arch gear.... it was originally intended for higher level players.

While I'm not saying railjack is great (I don't actually feel warframe needed them), the archwing part is actually relatively ok in the grand scheme of things, assuming you have the right gear that is.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

the archwing part is actually relatively ok in the grand scheme of things, assuming you have the right gear that is.

Eeeeeeh, debatable. I feel like the whole thing about archmelee not working at all should REALLY be thrown at DE way more often than it is, especially since flying around in space is a pretty huge part of the last major update. Literally half of Archwing's weaponset is completely unusable, and it's been like this for almost six months without even a "we're working on it" from the devs. That is both unacceptable and embarrassing.

All of those are... Nothing. There wasn't a single resource I didn't already have maxed instantly unless it was a new resource that I couldn't have obtained, and even that was just a few minutes per part. What even is this complaint? Is there a point to complain that you don't have 5 argon, or slightly over half a million credits which can be gotten in just an hour with ease? None of these resources are hard to find or difficult to farm, with the minor exception being the railjack resources which have no uses outside of railjack. 

This just sounds like a lack of wanting to play the game, so you're looking for ways to turn completed content into its components to reuse them so that you have to use less effort everywhere else. How can you say you enjoy the content where it's "regular gameplay" if you don't want to play the content that gives you these rewards in ludicrous amounts for the same gameplay? 

40 minutes ago, Sapphirya said:

Eeeeeeh, debatable. I feel like the whole thing about archmelee not working at all should REALLY be thrown at DE way more often than it is, especially since flying around in space is a pretty huge part of the last major update. Literally half of Archwing's weaponset is completely unusable, and it's been like this for almost six months without even a "we're working on it" from the devs. That is both unacceptable and embarrassing.

To be fair, I wouldn't expect a sword to work on an armored vehicle like we get in railjack, the melee still works fine on normal units like we find on the star map locations.  So maybe it's just expectations are different...

16 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

To be fair, I wouldn't expect a sword to work on an armored vehicle like we get in railjack, the melee still works fine on normal units like we find on the star map locations.  So maybe it's just expectations are different...

I think we're having a failure to communicate here, because the amount of damage they do is not what I'm referring to. To be clear, what archmelee do you actually use? As I understand it, the only archmelees that don't have broken lock-on functions are the default Veritux and its prisma counterpart (they aren't broken like the others because they share their animations with Titania's razorwing mode). Perhaps you use one of those, and that's why you haven't noticed.

9 hours ago, Sapphirya said:

I think we're having a failure to communicate here, because the amount of damage they do is not what I'm referring to. To be clear, what archmelee do you actually use? As I understand it, the only archmelees that don't have broken lock-on functions are the default Veritux and its prisma counterpart (they aren't broken like the others because they share their animations with Titania's razorwing mode). Perhaps you use one of those, and that's why you haven't noticed.

The axe like one (can't remember the name right now)... and last time I checked it was working fine, but to be fair I haven't done railjack/archwing for at least a month so it might have been broken since.

On 2020-03-23 at 1:23 AM, LSG501 said:

I've been running a lot of archwing missions lately (to get some decent mods, which are way to obnoxious to come by), and melee consistently fail to make contact, especially to Dargyns.

When it was 6 million creds, I might have been interested in "delete for refund." However, the reduced cost patch gave me about 5 mil back anyway plus other junk and eh. 

If you haven't finished it, stop now. If you have finished it, stop using it. 's what I did. You can almost always find someone else's railjack to ride along in if you get the itch. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe