Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to join in someone else mid mission

(NSW)Dikashadow

Question

6 answers to this question

Matchmaking is automatic. If someone else is running a mission you select (and hasn’t hit the point where the game stops a join) you will join their mission. 

/join is the command to join squad  if you know the name to type after join. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gibsonx said:

Matchmaking is automatic. If someone else is running a mission you select (and hasn’t hit the point where the game stops a join) you will join their mission. 

/join is the command to join squad  if you know the name to type after join. 

Oh i see, thx for the info 😁

2 hours ago, (NSW)Dikashadow said:

How do i use matchmaking?

Up at the top left there is a button that looks like a globe/sphere by default. If you click on that, it will bring up a menu that lets you alter where you participate in Matchmaking or not and gives you several options to either participate in Public Matchmaking or a few non-public options. Believe it's Public, Invite Only, Friends Only, and Solo.

As Gibsonx said, matchmaking is automatic as long as you are in Public Mode. But people need to be playing in the mission you want to join a group for. When you select a mission, you'll notice it say something like "Groups Open" (Don't remember the exact wording). That means that there are groups with open slots available and if you play it will try and put you into that group. If it says 0, you may end up either having to play alone or wait for other people to join you.

Edited by Ceryk

In normal missions people can join up until you pass some objecive markers. 5 mins of survival, 1 round of defense/disruption/excavation.  Capturing the target,  doing the first little objective in sabotage.

Railjack SUCKS because it does not have any mid points that I know of lol.  I've like wiped out everything and gone to finish off one last base and people show up.  

Murmur missions arent much better.  I have showed up to many murmur missions and shown up for only 1-2 enemy kills on the way to the exit with no murmurs or kuva to show for it.  I just abort before finishing so I can redo the node.