Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New U.i. From Update 10.3.0. And What I Have To Say About It

OniDarkClown

Dear sweet God Thank you.

I love the new layout, the Mod stacking and the Scroll bar,  Makes things cleaner and easier to find what i am looking for,

No longer will i have to sift through 267 fast hands Mods,  or be unable to hit "Back" if i went a page too far.

The new A B C appearance options neatly next to one another for faster picking and choosing of how i want things to look,  Much appreciated.

So to the Lotus and to DE, Thank you So much for clearing away what was once a lament of mine when it came to adding mods to my Warframe and Weapons.

Cheers.

You do realize the ABC appearance and mod-set options have been there since update 10 came out, right?

yes I know, but now they are laid out as 3 buttons next to one another where as before it was Click one button to change.

So Now, I can go from A to C without having to cycle though B and back again.

It looks much nicer in your mod equipping area and much easier to deal with. However the location of the orokin Catalysts and Reactors looks sort of weird and I dunno I guess tacked on ish.

It would also be nice if possible to see a numerical value of how many mods are stacked.

well with adding a Number value to the amount of mods you have, the question becomes

"Where do we stick the Number?"

I like how it is atm,  Going to your mods gives the big list with all the duplicates.

as for the Forma and Catalysts/Reactors, I am inclined to agree that they look a might out of place.

but with time, I'll never think about it twice.

well with adding a Number value to the amount of mods you have, the question becomes

"Where do we stick the Number?"

I like how it is atm,  Going to your mods gives the big list with all the duplicates.

as for the Forma and Catalysts/Reactors, I am inclined to agree that they look a might out of place.

but with time, I'll never think about it twice.

How about in the bottom right corner before you mouse over a mod? It could have a little stack of cards icon too or something then vanish when you highlight/mouseover it.

I think the reason the potatoes look out of place is because they are just in a gradient black box that doesn't really fit the style of the rest of the interface. I'll probably learn to ignore it over time, but it just really sticks out as out of place.

Edited by Drasiel

although I do like these changes and they definitely make things clearer, I have to say I'm pretty annoyed at the rework to the sorting of said mods. it would be a lot better if you could sort them ascending or descending for each category. now all my gold FC's are at the bottom of my 1800+ long page of fusion cores, or interspersed throughout randomly. and now my most upgraded mods are also at the bottom. its nice that I can see the most recent ones at the top, but that's only really helpful because of the new corrupted mods. I wouldn't mind scrolling down to see those, though. the lack of ascending/descending order really hinders the weapon/frame upgrading interface, because if you sort by rank or cost, you get the worst mods at the top (speaking of those 267 fast hands mods with that low low cost of 2). simple solution is to just reverse the sorting and leave it as is. more complex would be to allow you to switch between the two orders for each category

you know you can sort them right?  by sorting by Rank, the mods with the highest rank are at the top.

or you can choose Name, Polarity or Drain (how much points they cost to equip from lowest to highest)

((from the Upgrade options for weapons and Warframes))

as with the Cores you can choose to sort them by Recent, ratting, price, name, and type

the scroll bar to the right you can just click the bottom for the high rank ones when using Ratting.

((From the Mod Menus))

just takes some getting use to.

I believe DE is now finally and thank God adressing a major issue in the game (for me at least forgetting bugs for a few moments folks) which is the UI and HUD.

The new UI is looking good enough and the mods stacking was God sent, finally. All i can say is that it's starting to look really good and decent instead of old-fashioned and with a 90's feel to it. Hope to see all those horrendous blue buttons gone and i'de like to see more thought going into the layout within all the different areas of the arsenal, mods (equalized font sizes and a uniform layout ).

The main menu also need lots of work, the chat, basically everything. Steve found a cool pallete and new cool button shapes (stylized lotus) , now they just have to implement it to the rest of the UI.

What i can't wait to see is a new HUD. 

That too is in need of total revamp, it makes my skin crawl and my eyes bleed (it's that bad for a 2013 game, f2p or not!).

Congrats DE for the improvements. Can't wait to see it finished.

Edited by Bazools