The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Find Myself Becoming More And More Bitter As The Days Progress

Luminati07

Well let's try to keep back to the point then. 

Any topics of bitterness springing to mind recently? 
Maybe something that hit you like a bolt of lightning?
Came to you in a flash?
You were blinded by a sudden truth? 
If my hints aren't pointing at the obvious enough I'd actually like to hear your thoughts on the recent 'trap' additions to the grineer galleons. If they at all bother you. It seems strange to me that previous traps in the void are so much better designed than the newly implemented ones. 

Came to you in a flash?

Ha

Haven't played the latest update. Couldn't bring myself to start the launcher.

From what I've read, they seem to be anti-rusher mechanics, but are hurting the explorers as well.

I'll need to test it out, then I'll put my thoughts in the OP.

Just noticed how old this post was after reading it (well most of it) but from what I've read it seems more like you had put too much time into this game and lost site of how much the game was improving over time. Yes its only little bits at a time and sometimes there improvements lead to other issues but this game is still early in its life and has long way to go. If you cant stand that its not perfect yet and still has things that need to be fixed you really should not being playing warframe till its completely done. Because they will not be able to fix every single problem relating to bugs balancing rng or pricing all at once.

Ha

From what I've read, they seem to be anti-rusher mechanics, but are hurting the explorers as well.

try evil grineer new security light bulb of death

4-6 bulb = rhino ironskin poofed

1 bulb = 150-300 electrical dmg with 25-40% procing.....

and i thought the roller was annoying

Edited by luanle21

try evil grineer new security light bulb of death

4-6 bulb = rhino ironskin poofed

1 bulb = 150-300 electrical dmg with 25-40% procing.....

and i thought the roller was annoying

Now we got new annoyance besides famous Grineer roller ball....Broken light bulb that zap like thunderbolt, and trapped door that drain your energy to 0. GLORIOUS!!

Ha

It seems to be an anti-everything mechanic. People with Loki are getting one-shotted from the electrical damage from the broken lights.

This is my first time reading your post and I have to say, well done. I read what was most important to me and skimmed the rest and I agree with pretty much everything you have said.

I don't know if you have addressed the issue of DE putting out Clan Tech weapons, but they are also putting them on the Market for plat even though the older Clan Tech weapons aren't there. I'm guessing this could fall under your "Instant Gratification" point, but still.

Really hope you keep adding to this. I've stopped watching the dev streams mainly because of them not really asking the questions I want asked and answered and it's mostly about the "new" stuff that is in progress, but more than likely it always releases broken or "OP" and gets nerfed.

Good luck mate.

recent changes like broken light traps are not of big concern to me, what i don't like is broken lights in grineer ships when you do Nightmare Mode, basically No shield in NM Mode is waste of that 10 - 30s of spawn time. (you spawn and next thing you know is you're dead)

they seem to be anti-rusher mechanics

they are not. they are just yet annoying addition to this game.

opinions

opinions are based on a level of perception and understanding of the information. plus level of experience on a given field. plus, comparison before and after, and the comparison with something.

Edited by Althix

I can't believe it took this long to get to this point, when it was pretty obvious where things were headed the moment they decided to add Banshee as a "possible" ambiguous reward scattered in several mission types and put Vauban in alerts only.  (I STILL don't have that fudging helmet).

For now; I'll go level some frame and weapons that I WANT TO, but I'm no longer OCD on mastery anymore, there's just no point. 

Was planning to wait till U15 (assuming it even lasts that long) before coming back to play, but Zephyr too good to pass up >:c. 

Edited by AcewingX

Ha

Lk1J3bP.jpg

Lk1J3bP.jpg

Yup, they can one-shot Loki through shields, based off of that screenshot. Those plus bleed procs are why I'm valuing Vitality even more on my frames.

edit: Oh and Nugget_, people have talked about the lights spawning in the spawn room of Terminus and instantly downing brand new players, or in the spawn room of a nightmare alert and dropping people before the intro cutscene finishes.

Edited by NalkorRN

Well let's try to keep back to the point then. 

Came to you in a flash?

If my hints aren't pointing at the obvious enough I'd actually like to hear your thoughts on the recent 'trap' additions to the grineer galleons. If they at all bother you. It seems strange to me that previous traps in the void are so much better designed than the newly implemented ones. 

I haven't had any real problems with the lights yet, though the fact that people are getting one-shot by them is yuck. A Sonic Boom is usually enough to clear out anything in front of me that I can't see.

The Magnetic forcefields are another matter. You sometimes can't shoot their sensors unless you go through them. Which is just poor game design. I was pubbing on Saturn survival yesterday (which is often bad enough :x) and my teammate ran through the forcefield and went down. My Sonic Boom couldn't reach through and push everything on the other side down, so I had no choice but to run through it myself, pop an energy pack, sonic boom, THEN revive the guy.

Hi master I just started recently playing warframe again soon. And as soon as I get into a game what happens? -Boom- lighting of doom kills my ash I was re leveling again IMO this things do way too much damage and some times I get at least 5 per room and usually get hit in a 3 burst attack its quite annoying!

You're gonna hate the broken lights  and disruptor gates friend.  The lights are often placed above doorway exits or at the very top of rooms with large ceilings such as the Sargas boss room so you literally have no way to react to them.  Similarly, disruptor gates seem to be immune to splash damage, when using my Penta I was never able to disable them, but maybe I'm just terrible and their hit box is miniscule.

Nothing you've posted makes me feel the need to strongly disagree, so... good stuff.

I'll just say, prime trading isn't bad, it's the fact that it still involves RNG reliance that is bad.

Generally speaking having most things on the player market is a good thing for players.

Generally speaking having most things on the player market is a good thing for players.

Do you go to the starting town of an rpg and go 

"A wooden sword, or a wooden axe? Maybe the bow? How about I play brawler and just go with a pair of gloves?" 

Or

"A wooden sword? Or the Apocalypse?"

Players need to feel progression and challenge to keep playing the game. If we let them get the superior gun as early as the regular gun they'll grab the superior gun and quit way early because they now have no where to go. 

We need balanced options in stages over the course of our progression. Prime weapons for their strength either need to be gated behind enough content so that only those who have likely already gone though several similar regular weapons will finally have gotten it, or they need a massive drawback so that those who do get them have to put in the effort learning how to use it, or we have to put in mastery locks on them so that people can't use them without the proof they've progressed far enough for them.

I have to disagree here.

To me, the market (namely, the Prime trading) is nothing more than a band-aid because DE is unwilling to make any major changes to the current RNG systems.

I have to disagree here.

To me, the market (namely, the Prime trading) is nothing more than a band-aid because DE is unwilling to make any major changes to the current RNG systems.

This is very true and if the RNG was ever fixed I would be against prime trading but right now I think that a band-aid fix is better then doing nothing.