Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Smeeta Kavat's Charm Crit Chance Buff Debuffing Your Crit Chance

(PSN)Deeceem

Now, this issue only surfaced recently with the melee 2.999999 update.

This issue mostly affects melee weapons using Blood Rush and heavy attack builds.

The Smeeta crit buff SETS your crit chance to 200%. This wasn't a problem with the old damage calculations since effects from Blood Rush and Maiming Strike were added AFTER the 200% from the Smeeta and few if any weapons could reach 200% crit chance without the Smeeta buff BEFORE the Blood Rush calculation came on top of it. The buff was always a buff.

However, now factors have changed. Blood Rush now comes before the Smeeta buff and especially heavy attacks can reach crit chance numbers far beyond the 200% anyways. What happens now is that the Smeeta "buff" debuffs your 300%, 400% crit chance back down to 200%. It's debuffing your crit chance.

This seems counter productive obviously and looks like an oversight since back in the day the 200% actually was always a buff. I'd say having your companion actively work against you because your weapon/build is better than what it provides isn't the supposed role for any companion.

My solution would be that weapons that have over 200% crit chance should simply ignore the "buff" while weapons below still benefit from it as per usual. If you happen to fall below 200% crit  chance by dropping your combo counter for example the buff keeps you at 200% but lets you get above it once you managed to build your combo again etc..

Edited by (PS4)Deeceem
  • Like 2

Or just make it work like Adarza and add +200% crit chance to what you already have.

A buff that on average comes every 9 and a half minutes should do its job and buff you, not be detrimental or a dud buff that doesn't affect you at all. 

I think that - on top of the other buffs the Smeeta provides - would make the Adarza obsolete. That's just my opinion. My main issue currently is that you get punished for using a Smeeta and I wanted to bring attention to it because it feels just super bad when the debuff happens. I don't need 200% more crit on the weapons that get debuffed in the current state of Charm damage calculations. I understand your reasoning though, but if you use the Smeeta as well you know that "on average" doesn't apply to that little bugger anyways.

We'll see how/if it gets changed for the better or worse. More important should be that weapons that actually benefit from the buff don't suffer from a change.

Thanks for your response and certainly the valid point you have.

Edited by (PS4)Deeceem

10 hours ago, (PS4)Deeceem said:

I think that - on top of the other buffs the Smeeta provides - would make the Adarza obsolete.

I don't agree at all. I can't bring myself to use a Smeeta now and I don't see why a slightly better crit buff in the rare chance that I got it would change that. With an Adarza, you get Tek Enhance and have +60% crit a majority of the time. Smeetas have two good buffs and an okay one, but being completely random and unreliable means you don't build your play style around them. 

So yeah, +200% crit would be fine for Smeetas. You blink and you miss it, it's just a brief period of one-shotting everything. It hardly matters whether it's really 200 or 300 or 400 crit at that point. Especially since you're only getting double the bonus at double the crit anyway. Since it's just a random buff that happens once every few missions, changing the value of it wouldn't actually make me any more likely to consider using a Smeeta.

Edited by CopperBezel
  • Like 1