Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reworking Formas

Zoh_Veldae

This suggestion aims to rework the Forma system in order to alleviate a great part of the grind associated to it and to give players more freedom of customization of their weapons and warframes.

The standard Forma item must be reworked to allow addition of a new polarity without resetting the item to rank 0. That feature in the current Forma does not add any depth to the gameplay and does not make players master or understand their newly forma'd weapons in any manner. Rather, it makes it into a timegating feature that ruins gameplay immersion and enjoyment.

The current Warframe Exilus Adapter and Weapon Exilus Adapter must be merged into a single Exilus Adapter item.

The current Aura Forma and Stance Forma must be merged into a single Protean Forma item. It must additionally be capable of adding the universal polarity to any mod slot on any item, but at a limit of only 1 per item. The universal polarity itself must also match any and all polarities with the exception of the Umbra polarity. This new Protean Forma is fine to reset the item rank back to 0 as the effect will then justify such limitation.

The Umbra Forma should be kept functioning as it does currently. It's limitations are justified for the power it facilitates.

In addition, the polarity swap function while modding must allow the player to swap polarities with any and all mod slots, including Aura, Exilus and Stance slots. This will allow previously forma'd items with the Aura/Stance formas to still be able to move the universal polarity without being locked by the limitation here suggested and allow complete customization of all the aspects of each item. The function's limitation of availability only after forma'ing the item at least once should be kept as is.

That is all, thank you for reading

• Like 3

I'd be more willing to use my forma if I didn't have to regrind things, maybe if the first forma reset the level then after it was able to just change a polarity. Additionally some way to use multiple forma because I'm sure I'm not the only person that has a stack of about 40 available forma, thanks relics. 

6 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

this just sounds like power creep.

not to mention the overuse of "must" makes it sound very demanding

Power creep is endgame in a lot of games, considering how strong a player is at MR 15 or so compared with a newer player it's just a matter of getting more and more stuff to invest in weapons and warframes. Power creep in other games is more apparent than here where older weapons are still fairly lethal and if invested in can be even with newer weapons. I've played a few games that are worse with power creep, selling something then selling something else later that's just an upgraded version with no way to get it except paying. Warframe at least everything is free, and some weapons will be better but that just happens. Unless you can explain power creep in this game better to me. 

42 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

this just sounds like power creep.

not to mention the overuse of "must" makes it sound very demanding

To be honest plenty of people are likely just salty and some are just leaning to wanting something as a must-have, due to dated tedious mechanics that are just burn out at this point even early on the game for both newbies and vets. But let me go shoot this guy down honestly cause i already took a quick glance at thar suggestions and it already deserves a massive smack down.

1 hour ago, Zoh_Veldae said:

This suggestion aims to rework the Forma system in order to alleviate a great part of the grind associated to it and to give players more freedom of customization of their weapons and warframes.

So before i start tearing thru your suggestions and either deny or redesign your suggestions that just a few quips easily show you are leaning too far on the overly lazy and desperate for lazy mode fix ups. I think i will quickly list out a few pointers bits:

1. The affinity system in general, currently works on a sharing the gains as a ratio between your weapons, your warframe, your pet and other fiascos, is the first glaring issue with the grind in general. It affects Focus gain, It affects Standing gain and it affects the whole re-grinding stuff. This and fore-most would be the quickest way to likely resolve most grinding complaints if d.e. just makes affinity 100% simple, If you gain 1000 affinity, then everything you equipped gets 1000 affinity, no splits, no muss, no purposely running less equipment to gain more affinity on X item or having max affinity weapons take away from the affinity other equipment gains.
  2. If it was not already obvious on one of the things FORMA`ing equipment, needs to frocking have is that it needs to have drastically cut down affinity required to get back to max after the first forma is applied or just have each forma present would massively boost the affinity said items could gain up to a max of 5, but would NOT apply in cases syndicate standing gain values or Focus farming.
  3. It should of already also been obvious that just like with the existence of boosters, D.E. needs to consolidate things, The fact weapon exilus adapters were not simply an ADDED function to regular Exilus adapters was clearly a nice sign D.E. did not want people to just use a pile of regular adapters to get thru them, despite the fact the selection is so poorly designed that everyone just slaps Vig supplies on for primary and likely forget the existence of the secondary one unless they want silent guns or faster projectile speed since the rest are not worth much of a care towards except weirdly niche things like faster holster speed.

The standard Forma item must be reworked to allow addition of a new polarity without resetting the item to rank 0. That feature in the current Forma does not add any depth to the gameplay and does not make players master or understand their newly forma'd weapons in any manner. Rather, it makes it into a timegating feature that ruins gameplay immersion and enjoyment.

Honestly the OPPOSITE needs to happen, Namely that the polarities could use some revising, we all know how cold silver rarity mods want to be vazarin instead of naramon cause its apparently trying to be a chillie boi when they should be naramon also, the fact D.E. left such an element can be a major annoyance of modding design where people rather just use a different elemental mod as silver and just use the madurai gold version of the cold mod.

This is kind of why i poke at the idea that D.E. should REMOVE the zenurik polarity to also consolidate mods better and also take a sweep at frocking updating particular mods for certain categories, sort of like how Madurai should be for the damage mods, naramon for the utility mods and Vazarin for the GiMMiCK mods. Unairu does not even get a polarity apparently so why not kick Zenurik out to make the modding customization more consolidated on top of DELETING mods like warmcoat and fixing the ones with retarded polarity.

The current Warframe Exilus Adapter and Weapon Exilus Adapter must be merged into a single Exilus Adapter item.

The current Aura Forma and Stance Forma must be merged into a single Protean Forma item. It must additionally be capable of adding the universal polarity to any mod slot on any item, but at a limit of only 1 per item. The universal polarity itself must also match any and all polarities with the exception of the Umbra polarity. This new Protean Forma is fine to reset the item rank back to 0 as the effect will then justify such limitation.

Though i will admit having the Aura forma also apply to Stances would make a lick of sense, most people likely give ZERO FROCKS to stance forma in general because the number of weapon types that even have weapon stances in 2 or even more polarities is rather non-existent and they might as well just REMOVE stance polarity and stances give double the capacity they normally get while in a matching polarity period. Which effectively removes the need to even have a stance forma in the first place since it was a dumb attachment and the only one i can see who benefits this is dark split sword but how many dark split sword mains who actively switch between multiple weapon forms on it? Cause for cripes sakes if we get a Dark Split sword PRIME it better frocking have the ability to just change states on the fly while in combat and get to have 2 weapon stances equipped at a time but only gets the capacity from one of them.

Now that the bashing of the protean forma bit is done lets bash it more, basically at the quip of you talking about wanting to have this PROTEAN forma apply to every single slot and allow universal mod slotting with no limit on how many you could shovel into a item except it cant apply to umbral forma and likely the only limit is that once a day per limit which ahahaha, G.G. on that because if such a thing were to actually be allowed your gonna get many complaining with dozens upon dozens of weapons they need to apply this stuff on and we all know how absurd it got with people abusing anomaly to hunt umbra forma despite the b.s. drop rates.

As stated earlier the only thing that can get a pass on this quote is merging weapon exilus and regular exilus adapters together, FROCK this duplicate mechanism gag, especially if they have yet to let melee join in on this and actually put a proper dang roster of exilus mod types that would be more favorable, Magazine warp, Ammo drum and so many others without having to directly tap reload speed could of had a perfect place here but D.E. decided a big NOPE to those mods, despite the are almost as unused as Warmcoat is, that they should not join the roster of the only slot where they could be welcomed deeply to improve plenty of weapons. Especially with the existence of weapons with low magazine size or limited ammo capacity and not everyone likes using a carrier to have a perpetual ammo mutation to cover things.

The Umbra Forma should be kept functioning as it does currently. It's limitations are justified for the power it facilitates.

In addition, the polarity swap function while modding must allow the player to swap polarities with any and all mod slots, including Aura, Exilus and Stance slots. This will allow previously forma'd items with the Aura/Stance formas to still be able to move the universal polarity without being locked by the limitation here suggested and allow complete customization of all the aspects of each item. The function's limitation of availability only after forma'ing the item at least once should be kept as is.

Umbra mods in general i honestly would state was just a fancy gimmick and should of probably just stuck with being 100% exclusive to excalibur umbra and his special nikana or just not exist at all. Since it just served to push power creep in more absurd ways and plenty just begging for a umbral stretch/redirection/streamline/continuity to come into existence. With it being almost as bad as riven mods which utterly mutated the market chat into an abomination worst then the cutesy little chibi kaiju it was before. But that is honestly for a different topic, since the current post is about putting your post under a magnifying glass and pointing out the major problems with your suggestions.

only real thing with polarity swap on warframe that needs to happen, is a more tidied up system on doing it with less menu diving, since being able to swap regular polarity slots with aura, exilus/weapon stance ones is honestly more a of a tedious gimmick then having any SOLID reason on why. Especially if you include this universal polarity gimmick where people would just abuse the frock out of it in plenty of ways by just taking a metaphorical dumb on things like the various polarities of exilus mods which is another fine example on why i kept jabbing at mod polarities need a redesign & tidy up.

If D.E. wanted to go as far to let customization be more free, they could of just took out capacity and polarity altogether and it just becomes how many overpowered mods we could just stack and break the game in so many ridiculous ways that D.E. is forced to make the game a whole lot more difficult in a BAD design by likely jacking up the stats of enemies to match how such a change made everyone trivalizing content to absurd levels, If it was not for the capacity and polarity systems then there would be no proper checks in place, But as i repeat a third time, those mods need the polarities updated on plenty of them and likely maybe even some costs tidied a bit due to some having absurdly retarded capacity costs in a bad way (such as primed sure footed , where even if its a primed mod, could honestly use its capacity cost going down by a good 4 to 6 points).

So overall, Its a fine example of D.E. does not need to frocking re-invent the wheel, they need to replace the broken spokes and other small precision parts inside that tire then replacing it altogether. Though i cant name a few off the top of my head, i know a few online games that were able to retain a system design for a very long time and actually put the effort on fixing the internal problems to make it greatly more enjoyable, then just being forced to implement game breaking function bits to just fix everything and not even taking the time to address the CORE issues, which means those CORE issues are likely going to cause trouble again, especially when new content using them (Requiem fissures) starts using it but its issues are showing off much more due to a more difficult piece of content using said elements. 

Edited by Avienas