Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My great dislike for Wukong + bramma combos

0_The_F00l

8 minutes ago, mrhapps said:

hey @0_The_F00l u also complain about how the clone doesn't have self dmg/knockback, my response to u on this is ever heard of "Primed Sure Footed"? NO frame will knock itself back while using this mod even shooting the bramma at your own feet using mirage with the nuclear sized explosion. This discussion should instead be multiple discussions each talking about your different complaints in the feedback category instead of general discussion. Right now this is a convoluted mess of "No, my problem is actually this" when in reality you have alot of different problems with the game here

The rest of your post has highlighted the issue pretty succinctly. But just to specifically talk about the primed sure footed , yes it is a mod that exists , after you log in to the game after *check wiki * 400 days minimum. It is plausible and other means exist to remove knockdowns including status resistance/immunity abilities.

It is currently in general discussion so all the possible resolutions can come out for the issue that i am currently facing ,

Since it is a relatively subjective problem for myself and some players (and a bone of contention that it is even mentioned as a problem with others) it needs to be discussed first if an amicable solution can be found out and suggested in feedback (which i do fully plan on doing) some good (in my opinion) insights have come of it. The mess is expected 🙂

18 minutes ago, mrhapps said:

It seems like the problem you dislike the most is the SFX and VFX of explosion weapons like the bramma. Ask for a menu option to reduce enemy effects on a slider where the maximum on the slider is default and what it currently is, and 0 on the slider is seeing no powers/weapons at all. If you still have a problem after they either add this option, or change ALL of the explosive weapons to make this a non-issue then u may be too hard to satisfy for what the game can deliver.

Predominantly it is this issue, and as you have said a slider will help , the same will be part of the feedback post when it is created. How satisfied i am will be on the actual results if this is implemented, no point in speculating it at the moment.

20 minutes ago, mrhapps said:

Wukong clone stops killing everything when u afk for 60 seconds, this was by design to maintain the removal of AFK type abilities. They changed resonating quake banshee, turret mesa, and WoF ember because you could just activate your power and leave the room for 5 minutes+ at a time. You cannot do this with wukong. Show me a warframe that can let you go get a drink (2 minutes+ required) in a video, without any interaction from the player as that is what defines AFK. Octavia and limbo are the two best AFK type frames i can think of atm and i don't think either of them can get their skills to last longer than 2 minutes (espcially limbos 2 which has half the duration of cataclysm).

The average game mission lasts for 3 to 5 minutes and any key press can be construed as activity , i have highlighted the major issue I have with wukong + bramma combination.

If they were AFK from me half a map away well good riddance to bad rubbish and they can stay there.

Also depends on what you plan to do during AFK, just leech exp and stand still?

Then Inaros is a good example of just an AFK frame (with the right builds), Limbo is also another (no build required) , Octavia i am not sure - its is more of a lazy frame that needs regular button presses to function.

It is the combination of multiple things acting together , in a multiplicative/exponential scale rather than additive, that i am truly having a problem with which i have already mentioned and i keep getting counters on one or two points while there are still a lot more to consider.

15 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Also depends on what you plan to do during AFK, just leech exp and stand still?

Then Inaros is a good example of just an AFK frame (with the right builds), Limbo is also another (no build required) , Octavia i am not sure - its is more of a lazy frame that needs regular button presses to function.

It is the combination of multiple things acting together , in a multiplicative/exponential scale rather than additive, that i am truly having a problem with which i have already mentioned and i keep getting counters on one or two points while there are still a lot more to consider.

well my point with your definition of AFK is not a real definition of AFK. Since AFK means away from keyboard i need an example that lets you benefit from being away from your computer while still obtaining rewards (which you don't after the inactivity timer activates). If someone is pressing a button every 30 seconds to prevent themselves from getting the afk timer they are not actually afk, they are leeching.

back when resonating quake banshee was a thing clearing Draco she didnt get AFK checked and she did NOT have to push any buttons unless it was to reset with energy pizzas and then afk again for 5 more minutes.

8 minutes ago, mrhapps said:

well my point with your definition of AFK is not a real definition of AFK. Since AFK means away from keyboard i need an example that lets you benefit from being away from your computer while still obtaining rewards (which you don't after the inactivity timer activates). If someone is pressing a button every 30 seconds to prevent themselves from getting the afk timer they are not actually afk, they are leeching.

We are not having different definitions, just a different scope of how long one can stay away to qualify for it and what is suitable to be called Leeching. Because technically the wukong is still doing damage. He is just not doing it actively. 

The 60 second timeout exists, but can very easily be bypassed with, ironically, other means of automation. 

Something cartoonish enough like the water drinking bird thing.  

20 minutes ago, mrhapps said:

.back when resonating quake banshee was a thing clearing Draco she didnt get AFK checked and she did NOT have to push any buttons unless it was to reset with energy pizzas and then afk again for 5 more minutes.

Changes happen, not sure what more I can say. 

• Like 1

On 2020-04-07 at 2:08 AM, mrhapps said:

The reason i hate this discussion is the lack of clarity here, lack of a solution presented

v

On 2020-04-06 at 5:57 AM, MPonder said:

Completily going away from the actual problem-solution.

This should be resolved with adding graphic settings options, like "Disable allies effects", "Disable self effects" and "Disable enemies light effects" for things like Condrix/Eidolons. When Wisps come out, I remember people purposedly ulting at my face, also remember something with synoid I think blurring all the screen. So this things would still allow most of the game to be rendered at High Quality.

Still want to be able to solo afk farming on survive/defense Lich missions with Wukong.

--------------------

Plus, there is a simple solution for this, just leave. I got a Khora at Arbitration that just ulted but never whipped in a pretty horrible map with wall and high ground/low ground slowing down all mission, I left. Got a Limbo at defense missions <100 that ult+stasis, leave. Well, actually don't like to have limbo in anything but mobile/excavation since vazarin exist(ed).

As long as he can kill stuff, there is nothing wrong. As long as he kills, it is nothing different with cast 4 and forget.

That said, I do play Wukong recently, and with Bramma which was got recently. but I was also using secondary weapon because I was fear for the stagger. And after add Primed Sure Footed on him, I am also using Bramma with my twin as well, resulting two Brammas at once.

Edited by DroopingPuppy

22 minutes ago, DroopingPuppy said:

As long as he can kill stuff, there is nothing wrong. As long as he kills, it is nothing different with cast 4 and forget.

That said, I do play Wukong recently, and with Bramma which was got recently. but I was also using secondary weapon because I was fear for the stagger. And after add Primed Sure Footed on him, I am also using Bramma with my twin as well, resulting two Brammas at once.

What is wrong is the persistent lights and sound that gives me a headache.

We are not talking about the strength of the frame and its abilities here,

at least I am not.