The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Dont Understand The Anti Power Creep.

WARLOCKE

I like power creep. I like progression. I dont like never ending side grades and no loot progression.. Seriously, why do you want to use the same gun you used 4 months ago. I understand the forma thing stings, when you forma something 4+ times then a week later a upgrade is add'ed. But thats not the fault of progression. That is a problem with how forma are aquired.

There is no problem with progression. The problem is with all of the old content becoming irrelevant. 

Back when I started the Gorgon was considered top tier, now it is being quite literally thrown out.

These guys explain it better than me.

Personally, I wouldn't mind weapons be creatively different but capable in a variety of separate situations.. 

This system just gives DE the liberty to reuse the exact same weapon mechanics but whack a bigger number on it (Or smaller, DE never knows what they're doing with weapons, after all). When we've got assault rifles doing 700 damage per shot, I suppose we'll know what it's like.

Edited by Azure_Kyte

because you can spit in general direction of the mobs and they will die.

grow of the power for weapons and frames must be justified with increasing difficulty of the game when you need such weapons in order to be successful or play a mission without complication.

Edited by Althix

I don't understand it either. I can understand why people are opposed to it, since someone mentioned guns become outclassed and such, yes, but for me, I use a gun before I find it really fun to use, not because it's the best. Hell, I even have FIVE FORMAS on my LATO. Just because it's fun to use. I've even got two mod setups for that gun.

I use Dera, Lex, Lato, Braton, Burston, Hind, Ogris, Acrid, Torid, everything, just because it's fun. I'm not glued to one gun or such, I love variety more than anything.

There is no problem with progression. The problem is with all of the old content becoming irrelevant. 

Back when I started the Gorgon was considered top tier, now it is being quite literally thrown out.

But you see, that is progression.. At some point your old gear will be out-classed. Its  just going to happen. And it is a good thing.

Personally, I wouldn't mind weapons be creatively different but capable in a variety of separate situations.. 

This system just gives DE the liberty to reuse the exact same weapon mechanics but whack a bigger number on it (Or smaller, DE never knows what they're doing with weapons, after all). When we've got assault rifles doing 700 damage per shot, I suppose we'll know what it's like.

Numbers make the game, any game..with combat in it. Numbers are going to have to go up to have progression.

Progression is OK. Lots of people don't like power creep. Unless you're trying to say that they're the same.

That is what Im saying. How is it not progression? As time goes on the game gets harder, more power weapons are introduced. Its a core fundamental of play in most games.

But you see, that is progression.. At some point your old gear will be out-classed. Its  just going to happen. And it is a good thing.

Yes, but it isn't progression when gear available at the same level completely outclasses everything else.

Both the Gorgon and Soma require rank 3 mastery. 

The Soma is better, so much so that it has rendered the Gorgon useless. 

Mods increasing in power is also fine, but they have to be beyond a wall so that you get them when you need the extra power. 

If I'd left when I was mastery 4 and had just come back I'd be a tad put off at how useless the gear that I'd work hard for before, that was at that point top tier, was considered trash.

That is what Im saying. How is it not progression? As time goes on the game gets harder, more power weapons are introduced. Its a core fundamental of play in most games.

Not to ridiculous levels like we've seen thus far. There is a difference between enabling players and handing them EZ mode at level 3.

If you make the numbers bigger and bigger then at some point you are going to make old content too easy and redundant, so then enemies with much bigger health will be introduced one way or another and your super powerful weapons won't instakill everything, so you'll want better weapons still. 

I'd prefer that content was balanced for the current level with more variation.

Also obligitory malplestory picture to prove point

maplestory.jpg

the numbers get bigger but your performance remains the same.

power creep is the cheap way of keeping players busy and spending rl money.

everybody knows, sometimes less is more. i for myself don't need a whole new armory every few months, that outclasses the old weapons by lightyears and degrades tough enemies to plankton. i rather would've liked to see a broadening of gameplay, because moving sidewards is the better progress when facing a rift. i would've liked to see more variety in gameplay, in movement, in locations and visuals.

but what we get delivered here sadly is nothing but an insult for my intelligence.

Yeah right.Power creep is perfectly fine bruh.

I LOVE throwing away weapons that I like and that I forma'd and potatoe'd because there's a new, shiny weapon coming with the next content patch!

I also ADORE having to trade options when it comes to weapon diversity for raw numbers!

Power creep is BAD and there's no counter argument to that.All you power creep lovers are probably just scared your beloved Soma will get a well deserved hit with the nerf-bat.

power creep is the cheap way of keeping players busy and spending rl money.

everybody knows, sometimes less is more. i for myself don't need a whole new armory every few months, that outclasses the old weapons by lightyears and degrades tough enemies to plankton. i rather would've liked to see a broadening of gameplay, because moving sidewards is the better progress when facing a rift. i would've liked to see more variety in gameplay, in movement, in locations and visuals.

but what we get delivered here sadly is nothing but an insult for my intelligence.

If you can have both together !!!

Tier 1 grade = 10 A grade weapons that are almost side grades of each other

Tier 2 grade = 10 B grade weapons that are side grades of each other

Thrash grade = 10 thrash grade weapons which are just mastery use only.

Yeah right.Power creep is perfectly fine bruh.

I LOVE throwing away weapons that I like and that I forma'd and potatoe'd because there's a new, shiny weapon coming with the next content patch!

I also ADORE having to trade options when it comes to weapon diversity for raw numbers!

Power creep is BAD and there's no counter argument to that.All you power creep lovers are probably just scared your beloved Soma will get a well deserved hit with the nerf-bat.

Funny thing is that if power creep isn't reigned in, those Soma lovers will see their precious Soma nerfed by virtue of new weapons and enemies rendering it entirely obsolete, just like the Soma did to the Gorgon. Months now we'll be seeing the Soma retired from the market if power creep keeps going full speed ahead.

New weapons should be cool and unique. Why force people to throw away weapons they love for weapons that alter your playstyle completely when you can get your power progression fix from mods, which apply to every weapon of its type?

Oh wait. Corrupted mods. I guess every new weapon's gonna have to have no recoil, high enough crit chance to reach 100%, and negligible reload speeds. Otherwise, they won't be better than what we got.

1. I am sure DE said they don't care about the videos anymore.... somewhere...

2. You see this burston here *holds out my burston* Even though I have EVERY WEAPON IN THE MARKET!!! Almost every weapon from alerts but pangolia, Every energy weapon, got the Ignis, the Dual ichor, the acrid, and Torid... I still consider my Burston to be incredible powerful, and useful, even Gorgon is a weapon, and a lot of people who refuse clans, or can't reach the rank to get Supra still enjoy Gorgon.

I love the burston, and as the Rifleman's creed goes "This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine."