The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stop Hobbling Solo Players.

xenapan

I don't like the idea of a game giving you the option to play solo and DE forcing you to play co-op.

If solo is made an option, make it viable to those that do solo.

Don't say,"Oh you can play solo, but we will make it impossible for you to get good things", that is a kick in the testies.

Totally agree.  I mostly play in PUG's, but if solo is an option, it should be supported imho.  Sometimes I want to play solo, usually to pick up everything / kill every enemy or just for the challenge.  It'd be nice if it was more a of playstyle than a one-off gimmick though.  I don't know what people are complaining about, making solo viable wouldn't kill the online community, and the people who mostly play with others could give it a shot.  It might even be a fun new experience for them.  You can forget your frame's strengths and weaknesses if you don't play by yourself very often.

Playing solo can be an eye-opening experience as to the strengths and weaknesses of any particular Warframe or Weapon or ability combination.

4 people, 4 keys, guaranteed reward as guaranteed you can open the vault. One person, one key, 25% chance of having the right key.

All this really needs is a "solo" key - only usable solo, so you have to do the mission alone. Have it give a random debuff of the 4 so you can't know whether to build for speed, shields or damage which gives a little spice to the game but still lets soloists get the vault 100% just as full squads can.

All hail to us!!! the SOLO PLAYERS !!

and why do i prefer playing solo??

Because there are too many D*MN AFKERS in Warframe.

but of course i play with my clan since they surely do not AFK...

and yes i love you OP because you support solo play lol

Edited by BIENZ

if there's too much cry about solo play although solo play is just an option not focussed on, they might rethink it and don't care about fixing the netcode etc since the solo play will suffice, also they might focus on making solo content making it super easy on solo and won't add anything to coop or make the experience in coop better, so yes it will affect me

Well maybe you havent read the steam description of the game then (ill put emphasis on the bit that this refers too).

Warframe is a cooperative free-to-play third person online action game set in an evolving sci-fi world. Join your friends in player-vs-enemy raids across the solar system and master the power of the Warframes. Stand alone or fight together against enemies that threaten your world. They were called Tenno.

Kinda hard to have issues with a solo when its advertised you can play that way.

I'm all for them making a reason to play co-operativly, but this doesnt do that.  You dont need to work co-opperativly any more in this mission than any others.

It's simply means the more people you have the better chance you have to get these mods.  Which is the general nature of the game as a whole.  More players in a mission make it easier and give more loot.

Given allot of people still do play co-op (abet not always in groups of 4), the netcode would still be getting worked on (atleast as much as it is now) because they state it is a co-op game. 

Though that said there realy hasnt been any major development on match-making and giving players the tools to match make better.  Most of the 'key' type missions activly works against that, by not allowing anyone already in a group to activate a key reguardless of the host, or breaking the group up after a 'key' mission.  Any one of those kinds of things would make more people group.

if there's too much cry about solo play although solo play is just an option not focussed on, they might rethink it and don't care about fixing the netcode etc since the solo play will suffice, also they might focus on making solo content making it super easy on solo and won't add anything to coop or make the experience in coop better, so yes it will affect me

If DE allowed solo players to carry all 4 keys and suffer all 4 drawbacks and you decided not to take advantage of that then no, it wouldn't effect you. How is this making co-op "super easy"? it would be many times harder then playing in a group.

I've never understood why people always shout "BUT THIS GAME IS COOP" whenever any issue related to solo play is brought up. People are asking for it to be possible to earn the same rewards solo as it is in a group, not easier, just possible. And as many people have said before, solo is an option in this game and should be supported.

the problem is just you can bypass that "challenge" too easily, and I'm pretty sure most people aren't even using the keys as challenge just simply to farm the mods. but nonetheless they shouldn't focus on soloplay at all they should make coop coop worthy if they make promos etc about coop, right now coop isn't rly anything worthy in the game which is rly sad

wtf are you smoking? soloing with all 4 keys on would be 75% damage, health, shields -50% movement speed. Thats nothing to sneeze at. it isnt easy mode. its super hard mode compared to multiplayer. you are suffering ALL 4 debuffs at the same time and will practically be forced to rely on skills for damage. vs 4 man co-op of 1 key each which is a cakewalk since each person has one key. way more firepower, can split up to find the vault rather than SLOWLY checking every passage by yourself at 50% speed.

if anything co-op is way too easy. solo isnt hard but 75% of the time you get nothing but a wasted OD key or you abort and have wasted time.

Coop... IF the coop would actually work properly... spent 2 hours tryign to fin a party for the vault... got one - lagged to death and had to quit it.

And i still havent seen a single vault.

^^

This.

We need an improved key lobby system if they are going to keep pushing Key-based missions on us (Void, Derelicts). Having to find people in a channel and invite them one-by-one to your group before you can even take off is a hassle. Not to mention all of the "FAILED TO JOIN SESSION" and other issues surrounding this that commonly happen.

Coop... IF the coop would actually work properly... spent 2 hours tryign to fin a party for the vault... got one - lagged to death and had to quit it.

And i still havent seen a single vault.

I spent 2 minutes in recruiting, got a group, ran 7 straight missions with them. And this was at the worst time of the day, around 4am Central Standard Time, when traffic in recruiting is at its lowest.

I spent 2 minutes in recruiting, got a group, ran 7 straight missions with them. And this was at the worst time of the day, around 4am Central Standard Time, when traffic in recruiting is at its lowest.

Now try it in a country that doesn't have high-speed net, like Australia. Try it with strict NAT issues. Try it when the people you invite get FTJ, session is full, need invite from host, or indeed any of the other errors commonly associated with the 'wonderful' co-op experience.

If ONLY matchmaking was the ONLY issue. It isn't. its a whole host of problems between nat, lag, connections dropping, etc. you just got lucky thats NOT the case of most players.

• 5 weeks later...

Because dem voids already give a guaranteed reward.

In the orokin derelicts you don't have guaranteed rewards unless you gotten the key.

I'm not talking about balance here, I'm talking about logic. I don't even care if there is a lone regular locker behind the door with same expenses to get into, I just find it funny to have these doors on infested ships only.