The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Let's stop lying to ourselves with this game's performance

lceAngelx

The performance of this game is not acceptable. yes, it's not hard to get high FPS, but the FPS is wildly inconsistent. There is too much stuttering in the game after loading into a mission, loading new areas, being in Cetus or Fortuna. DirectX 11 was supposed to fix this kind of thing. Look at Battlefield 1, a way bigger game in terms of requirements but guess what? I have never experienced a stutter in that game and I am CPU bound in that! It's so offputting when the game stutters so much even if you have a decent system. I have an i5 4670K, 16GB RAM and a GTX 1060 6GB. My CPU isn't the best but from my monitoring, it's NEVER fully utilized unless I am loading, which is normal otherwise loading would take longer. People say this is one of the most optimized games on PC and to that I say, no, it really isn't. DE keeps releasing content, terrible content I might add, but doesn't overhaul the game to make it perform better. I don't know how anyone can continue playing a game when this is how things are. I keep coming back to this game because the game in general is fun, but I always find myself quitting for a bit because the performance is awful. I don't hate the game, but I guess there is always a bad side to everything. But why bad performance? The graphics of this game aren't particularly good. They are decent best. I'm posting this into general discussion because none of the performance posts in the bug section get looked at. 

• Like 1

Who is lying to themselves? 

3 minutes ago, LaylaAmbrose said:

I don't know how anyone can continue playing a game when this is how things are.

Perhaps they don't have the issues you do.

The game runs fine for me and I have a 8 year old system (i5-2500k) with only the gfx card updated recently (and that wasn't to the latest generation, but the previous one).

It may not be your cpu, graphics card or amount of memory, it could be the type of memory, the motherboard, chipset, hard disk, drivers, other software you're running, or any number of other things.

• Like 3

🤔I think I know what you mean and this problem occurs, on my PC, only on Cetus and Fortuna when I enter or leave PoE and Orb valley. 😏

My specs are Ryzen 5 3600, 16 GB DDR4-3200, Radeon RX 5700 8GB, Warfame is installed on a NVMe SSD and this problem which bothers you only at this open world gate areas, like I said/wright before.

This is a hard problem for DE to solve. 🤔 Switching from lobby with plus 4 players (average 10) to mission map for max 4 players is hard because of host migration. If DE runs a dedicated server for those open world maps, than the transition would be without stuttering or short freezing. I think so 🙄

34 minutes ago, schilds said:

Who is lying to themselves? 

Perhaps they don't have the issues you do.

The game runs fine for me and I have a 8 year old system (i5-2500k) with only the gfx card updated recently (and that wasn't to the latest generation, but the previous one).

It may not be your cpu, graphics card or amount of memory, it could be the type of memory, the motherboard, chipset, hard disk, drivers, other software you're running, or any number of other things.

I don't know why it would be any of those things. I even installed the game on my SSD. Perhaps it could be my power supply and I have the fastest RAM that my CPU can support. I didn't see this issue in other games either. And when I play Warframe, I don't have anything else open except discord and steam and in steam, I have GPU acelerration off. I'm just stumped...

2 hours ago, LaylaAmbrose said:

I don't know why it would be any of those things. I even installed the game on my SSD. Perhaps it could be my power supply and I have the fastest RAM that my CPU can support. I didn't see this issue in other games either. And when I play Warframe, I don't have anything else open except discord and steam and in steam, I have GPU acelerration off. I'm just stumped...

Have you tried verifying and optimizing your download cache? This might not necessarily be a GPU / CPU issue, but possibly a data issue. If you try both of those tools in the Warframe launcher, then try again, do you notice any improvement to performance?

verf5.png

If that doesn't help, then you might want to submit a support ticket to us with a copy of your EE.log
You can submit a ticket here.

Edited by [DE]Linkski
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, [DE]Linkski said:

Have you tried verifying and optimizing your download cache? This might not necessarily be a GPU / CPU issue, but possibly a data issue. If you try both of those tools in the Warframe launcher, then try again, do you notice any improvement to performance?

verf5.png

If that doesn't help, then you might want to submit a support ticket to us with a copy of your EE.log
You can submit a ticket here.

I've done this method many times and it doesn't improve anything. I will send a ticket then. Thank you. also sorry for naming this thread with this title. I was frustrated at the time and it's a fault with my system of course.

Edited by LaylaAmbrose
More info

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-04-09 at 5:17 PM, LaylaAmbrose said:

I've done this method many times and it doesn't improve anything. I will send a ticket then. Thank you. also sorry for naming this thread with this title. I was frustrated at the time and it's a fault with my system of course.

Hi again,

Looking over your log files, I noticed you're playing in DirectX 10. But in your original post your mentioned DirectX 11. Just to be clear, if you switch to DirectX 11, will you experience the same stuttering that you do with DX10? Is there a reason you switched to DX10?

Also, can you provide some examples of where this stuttering has been noticeably worse? You are likely going to experience a certain amount of loading when entering new areas (like walking through the gates of Cetus, for example), but we try to clean up as much of that mid-mission as possible. So if you have some examples, then we would be happy to take a closer look.

Just trying to narrow this down. Thanks!

Edited by [DE]Linkski

I switched to DX10 once to see if there was any difference, there wasn't. I switched back to DX11 after seeing no difference and I already DDU'd the driver and reinstalled the latest one. I experience the stuttering in both DirectX versions but the last time I played, I was using DirectX11. And well, the stuttering happens when I first load into the mission and move my camera around. I assume because the game wasn't rendering anything behind me until I turned around and I also experience stuttering when going through doors in regular missions which is jarring and annoying. Also I never use Geforce Experience for that. I disabled the function to optimize games automatically because I set the settings myself in every game to get a balance between performance and graphical fidelity. 

Edited by LaylaAmbrose
Spelling mistake